Is it time to start considering Justin Gilbert as a viable corner?
-
Pettine's first year "success" was mostly taking advantage of a weak schedule with shanny's run scheme and a veteran QB who hadn't yet started shitting the bed. I'd still put my money on the roster being underutilized by poor coaching as opposed to a good coaching staff sabotaged by a bad FO.
I'll credit Pettine's first year succes to a cupcake schedule, I'll blame Pettine's second year failure on a very tough schedule (8 games vs playoff teams). Naturally I expect a better season this year because we actually have some experience on the coaching staff. Not to mention an easier schedule than last year.
I'll credit Pettine's first year succes to a cupcake schedule, I'll blame Pettine's second year failure on a very tough schedule (8 games vs playoff teams). Naturally I expect a better season this year because we actually have some experience on the coaching staff. Not to mention an easier schedule than last year.
FWIW, the 3 opponents in our division we played twice - all made the playoffs in 2014. Carolina made the playoffs. Indy made it to the AFC Championship. We lost 2nd half leads to Carolina, Indy and Baltimore (once or twice). I think we also knotted the score with Pittsburgh in the opener after a huge halftime deficit before Pitt faked a punt inside their own 20 to drive for game winning points.
For a team coming off 4-12 football in 2013 with a ton of injuries in 2014 and another long suspension to Josh Gordon, we started off 7-4 - including victories over Pitt and Cincy.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think all this would add up to a 2015 flatline.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login