Skip to content

2nd amendment

Political Discussion
101 16 2.7k
  • Dumb dumb dumb dumb...dumbbbbb

    If a full out civil war began with the people versus the government, not everybody in the government or military would choose the same side. If that was the case, the government would lose the support of the entire population if they committed mass genocide with military grade weapons.

    And unless shit goes horribly wrong and our government ceases to exist or we have a large nuclear explosion over the states resulting in a massive EMP, no other country is in a position to invade us. We'd see them coming hundreds of miles away.

    The most likely thing that could happen would be a group that organizes themselves state side - and equips for a coordinated attack on any part of the American population. Should deadly encounters like this happen, then the only solution is to defend yourself and others.

  • Dumb dumb dumb dumb...dumbbbbb

    If a full out civil war began with the people versus the government, not everybody in the government or military would choose the same side. If that was the case, the government would lose the support of the entire population if they committed mass genocide with military grade weapons.

    And unless shit goes horribly wrong and our government ceases to exist or we have a large nuclear explosion over the states resulting in a massive EMP, no other country is in a position to invade us. We'd see them coming hundreds of miles away.

    The most likely thing that could happen would be a group that organizes themselves state side - and equips for a coordinated attack on any part of the American population. Should deadly encounters like this happen, then the only solution is to defend yourself and others.

    @bbedward said:

    If a full out civil war began with the people versus the government, not everybody in the government or military would choose the same side. If that was the case, the government would lose the support of the entire population if they committed mass genocide with military grade weapons.

    And unless shit goes horribly wrong and our government ceases to exist or we have a large nuclear explosion over the states resulting in a massive EMP, no other country is in a position to invade us. We'd see them coming hundreds of miles away.

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

  • @bbedward said:

    If a full out civil war began with the people versus the government, not everybody in the government or military would choose the same side. If that was the case, the government would lose the support of the entire population if they committed mass genocide with military grade weapons.

    And unless shit goes horribly wrong and our government ceases to exist or we have a large nuclear explosion over the states resulting in a massive EMP, no other country is in a position to invade us. We'd see them coming hundreds of miles away.

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

    @mld-woody said:

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

    I carry a gun because there's a bunch of ruthless assholes out there and you never know when you need to defend yourselves. A deadly encounter lasts seconds, not minutes - can't have somebody else come to my rescue.

    Especially when I'm wearing my Trump shirt, never know when one of those leftist whack jobs will try to attack you for your political position.

  • @bbedward said:

    If a full out civil war began with the people versus the government, not everybody in the government or military would choose the same side. If that was the case, the government would lose the support of the entire population if they committed mass genocide with military grade weapons.

    And unless shit goes horribly wrong and our government ceases to exist or we have a large nuclear explosion over the states resulting in a massive EMP, no other country is in a position to invade us. We'd see them coming hundreds of miles away.

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

    @mld-woody said:

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

    I carry a gun because there's a bunch of ruthless assholes out there and you never know when you need to defend yourselves. A deadly encounter lasts seconds, not minutes - can't have somebody else come to my rescue.

    Especially when I'm wearing my Trump shirt, never know when one of those leftist whack jobs will try to attack you for your political position.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I had that question as well:

    How are our gun owners a "well regulated militia"? Shouldn't we require some kind of training? Some kind of regulation, to make them a functioning militia?

    Also, how can Billy bob with his rifle defend us from a developed nation attacking? What do they do against jets and tanks? Shouldn't we allow more heavy duty arms for proper defense?

    I don't know. Ask the viet cong, chechans, afghans or Iraqi insurgents. This point is stupid as fuck every time I hear it.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't know. Ask the viet cong, chechans, afghans or Iraqi insurgents. This point is stupid as fuck every time I hear it.

    I wouldn't say those are one to one comparisons.

    Do our people have access to the same fire power? Same environment? Same era?

    If the 2nd amendment is for defense, why limit our ability to defend ourselves? If a rabid state side group does appear, as Ed said, why be limited in our fire power?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Well then good thing we have guns. Cuz the revolution and stuff

    I carry a gun because there's a bunch of ruthless assholes out there and you never know when you need to defend yourselves. A deadly encounter lasts seconds, not minutes - can't have somebody else come to my rescue.

    Especially when I'm wearing my Trump shirt, never know when one of those leftist whack jobs will try to attack you for your political position.

    @bbedward said:

    I carry a gun because there's a bunch of ruthless assholes out there and you never know when you need to defend yourselves. A deadly encounter lasts seconds, not minutes - can't have somebody else come to my rescue.

    Especially when I'm wearing my Trump shirt, never know when one of those leftist whack jobs will try to attack you for your political position.

    They'd just be listening to your boy Trump. He's had no problem advocating for similar violence before.

  • @bbedward said:

    I carry a gun because there's a bunch of ruthless assholes out there and you never know when you need to defend yourselves. A deadly encounter lasts seconds, not minutes - can't have somebody else come to my rescue.

    Especially when I'm wearing my Trump shirt, never know when one of those leftist whack jobs will try to attack you for your political position.

    They'd just be listening to your boy Trump. He's had no problem advocating for similar violence before.

    @mld-woody said:

    They'd just be listening to your boy Trump. He's had no problem advocating for similar violence before.

    Oh what Trump suggested his supporters should retaliate against unruly rioters so that makes the violent riots OK?

    How many Trump supporters do you see causing problems? A black marine Trump supporter in Arizona attacking a protester dressed in a KKK hood who was yelling racist stuff?

  • The Bill of Rights uses the term person for an individual. It also uses the term people which was recognized to mean the state.

    fool

    ******************************************

    Are you sure you want to post on this board?

    "We the People"... means the ....state?

    eh...NO. WRONG.

  • Fwiw I'm not a conservative.

    I'm an American...who supports letting people stick it up the butt...who supports people's rights to own guns...who believes the poor should have social programs including health care to get them on their feet (not as permanent solution)...who believes we shouldn't keep risking American lives for worthless middle east wars that do nothing except empower the people who hate us...that believes the TPP is an even worse version of NAFTA, which the Clinton's said "my mistake, sorry" ...who believes you shouldn't victim shame rape victims.

    If you vote Clinton you don't stand for any of those things

    Looking forward to Trump exposing Crooked Hillary in his speech tomorrow.

  • I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

  • I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

    donald_trump_meme__probably_more_to_come

  • I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

    Jesus do you seriously use lotion?

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm sure you have your lotion and tissue ready

    Jesus do you seriously use lotion?

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Jesus do you seriously use lotion?

    He's thinking of KY Jelly and a completely different form of, well, you know.

    WSS

  • The viscosity of lotion breaks down fairly quickly requiring many more applications than say....canola oil or something.

    Or so ive heard

  • Woody's an adult (maybe) just buy some lube

  • some liberal young males want to avoid splinters, I've heard..

    wood-knot-hole-10901698.jpg

  • deputize the janitors! clean up!!

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    BREAKING!! Dumb hippy congress-members stage lame SIT-IN to take away your gun rights!!

    http://therightscoop.com/breaking-dumb-hippy-congress-members-stage-lame-sit-in-to-take-away-your-gun-rights/

    While i in principal agree with the general direction of that link, its precisely that tone which will prevent me from "ever" joining the NRA. Send in the hippy skull cracking cops? Really? Cause those are the same cops that will come for your guns or ur right to protest anything if the govt one day decides martial law is in order. I simply eill not associate myself even mildly with people who speak like that. Unfortunately the nra is full of these kinds of bufoons