Skip to content

Are the Browns in the Backseat?

The Browns Board
34 15 1.1k
  • It is not football season... yet....

  • The Browns are in no seat , yet.

  • The Browns are in no seat , yet.

    @nickers said:

    The Browns are in no seat , yet.

    Rumble seat?

  • Until the Browns start having 10 or more wins in a season, then they will always be in the backseat. As Browns fans, we can only take one season at a time, and build on each win week after week, season after season. Then we can be in the drivers seat, and our famous dawg pound will have its bite back.

  • Is it better if the Browns are kickin' it in the front seat or sittin' in the back seat?

  • Is it better if the Browns are kickin' it in the front seat or sittin' in the back seat?

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Is it better if the Browns are kickin' it in the front seat or sittin' in the back seat?

    First they have to come out from under the bus just to get a seat..............anywhere. Here' hoping that process starts this month.

  • The Browns if anything are in the hot seat while play musical chairs at every position.

  • @nickers said:

    The Browns are in no seat , yet.

    Rumble seat?

    @the-gipper said:

    Rumble seat?

    Maybe.. LOL...

  • It is not football season... yet....

    @tour2ma said:

    It is not football season... yet....

    Yeah then they will be in the trunk 😵

  • CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

  • CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    Fair to say.

  • CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    Right....if the Browns had just won the Super Bowl, the parade would never end.....

    They thought we were over the top with the Cavs win???....HA!.......just wait till it's the Browns turn.....cant even imagine.....

  • Another way to look at it......if you could have a pair of free tickets to go watch a game this year....who would you watch?

    Id still pick the Browns.....

  • Another way to look at it......if you could have a pair of free tickets to go watch a game this year....who would you watch?

    Id still pick the Browns.....

    @mudfly said:

    Another way to look at it......if you could have a pair of free tickets to go watch a game this year....who would you watch?

    Id still pick the Browns.....

    99% of this board agrees Mud.

  • CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    1995 is a long time ago. The Browns were always a respected organization. But that organization is elsewhere.

    For this entire century we're thought of as a bungling player hell-hole. And that sentiment cannot change without proof that it deserves to.

    Have you been noticing...as the season wears on...there's almost as many fans of the opposition as there is Browns fans at the home games? That's apathy...selling their tickets...can't be bothered going to see them play football anymore.

    I've told me son, the hot-shot Patriots fan, "Hey, when I was your age my buddies and I could drive up to Foxborough on a Sunday, buy tickets, and sit almost anywhere we wanted."

    Bob Kraft got that thing going. Haslam has been throwing darts but hasn't hit any balloons yet. (unless it turns out that the Geek Squad is a bulls-eye).

  • @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    1995 is a long time ago. The Browns were always a respected organization. But that organization is elsewhere.

    For this entire century we're thought of as a bungling player hell-hole. And that sentiment cannot change without proof that it deserves to.

    Have you been noticing...as the season wears on...there's almost as many fans of the opposition as there is Browns fans at the home games? That's apathy...selling their tickets...can't be bothered going to see them play football anymore.

    I've told me son, the hot-shot Patriots fan, "Hey, when I was your age my buddies and I could drive up to Foxborough on a Sunday, buy tickets, and sit almost anywhere we wanted."

    Bob Kraft got that thing going. Haslam has been throwing darts but hasn't hit any balloons yet. (unless it turns out that the Geek Squad is a bulls-eye).

    @orion said:

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    1995 is a long time ago. The Browns were always a respected organization. But that organization is elsewhere.

    For this entire century we're thought of as a bungling player hell-hole. And that sentiment cannot change without proof that it deserves to.

    Have you been noticing...as the season wears on...there's almost as many fans of the opposition as there is Browns fans at the home games? That's apathy...selling their tickets...can't be bothered going to see them play football anymore.

    I've told me son, the hot-shot Patriots fan, "Hey, when I was your age my buddies and I could drive up to Foxborough on a Sunday, buy tickets, and sit almost anywhere we wanted."

    Bob Kraft got that thing going. Haslam has been throwing darts but hasn't hit any balloons yet. (unless it turns out that the Geek Squad is a bulls-eye).

    This ^

    A couple of things:

    First, we need to remember that, for kids 16 years old and under, the Browns have never been anything but embarrassing. Case in point--I was talking

    with a friend of mine about how the Browns are killing their fan base and he told me that after another numbing loss last season his 5-year old son looked

    at him and asked, "Dad, why do we root for this team? They suck! Why aren't we Patriots fans?" Now, some of you can rant on about fair weather fans, etc.,

    but the hard truth is there are too many alternatives for kids nowadays than cheering for a bad football team.

    Speaking for myself, I can tell you that 2 seasons ago my brother-in-law had free tickets to the Steeler game in Pittsburgh on the last day of the season.

    He begged me all week to go to the game with him (he's a Steeler fan). The morning of the game was cold and rainy and I told him I had no desire to

    drive 2 hours to watch the Browns get their teeth kicked in at Heinz Field. Or any field for that matter. I recently turned 55 and I decided a few years ago

    that life is too fucking short to waste it on watching bad football.

    And I'm definitely not the only one who feels this way. As Orion pointed out, witness the thousands of opposing fans at CBS every week.

  • @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    1995 is a long time ago. The Browns were always a respected organization. But that organization is elsewhere.

    For this entire century we're thought of as a bungling player hell-hole. And that sentiment cannot change without proof that it deserves to.

    Have you been noticing...as the season wears on...there's almost as many fans of the opposition as there is Browns fans at the home games? That's apathy...selling their tickets...can't be bothered going to see them play football anymore.

    I've told me son, the hot-shot Patriots fan, "Hey, when I was your age my buddies and I could drive up to Foxborough on a Sunday, buy tickets, and sit almost anywhere we wanted."

    Bob Kraft got that thing going. Haslam has been throwing darts but hasn't hit any balloons yet. (unless it turns out that the Geek Squad is a bulls-eye).

    @orion said:

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    Tell me when HS football is no longer the king of NE Ohio, and I'll concede your point. Until then...

    Plus it's a matter of what is poised to move to #1. Basketball? Wasn't even #2 in my day. That slot was firmly held by wrestling. Baseball? lol...

    Point is that football fans are constantly being "raised" in NE Ohio. Enough will support the Browns regardless of their competence for as long as it takes for them to find success again.

  • @orion said:

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    Tell me when HS football is no longer the king of NE Ohio, and I'll concede your point. Until then...

    Plus it's a matter of what is poised to move to #1. Basketball? Wasn't even #2 in my day. That slot was firmly held by wrestling. Baseball? lol...

    Point is that football fans are constantly being "raised" in NE Ohio. Enough will support the Browns regardless of their competence for as long as it takes for them to find success again.

    @tour2ma said:

    Point is that "football" fans are constantly being raised in NE Ohio.

    FIFY 😉

  • @orion said:

    Always has been ever since I can remember.

    BUT that can change.

    Apathy can set in and has set in.

    Tell me when HS football is no longer the king of NE Ohio, and I'll concede your point. Until then...

    Plus it's a matter of what is poised to move to #1. Basketball? Wasn't even #2 in my day. That slot was firmly held by wrestling. Baseball? lol...

    Point is that football fans are constantly being "raised" in NE Ohio. Enough will support the Browns regardless of their competence for as long as it takes for them to find success again.

    @tour2ma said:

    Tell me when HS football is no longer the king of NE Ohio, and I'll concede your point. Until then...

    Plus it's a matter of what is poised to move to #1. Basketball? Wasn't even #2 in my day. That slot was firmly held by wrestling. Baseball? lol...

    Point is that football fans are constantly being "raised" in NE Ohio.

    The Browns simply need to show a little spark to go back into first place. 1.3 million for a parade would be surpassed.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Tell me when HS football is no longer the king of NE Ohio, and I'll concede your point. Until then...

    Plus it's a matter of what is poised to move to #1. Basketball? Wasn't even #2 in my day. That slot was firmly held by wrestling. Baseball? lol...

    Point is that football fans are constantly being "raised" in NE Ohio.

    The Browns simply need to show a little spark to go back into first place. 1.3 million for a parade would be surpassed.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns simply need to show a little spark to go back into first place. 1.3 million for a parade would be surpassed.

    I could see the ante raised to 2.5 mill for a browns parade.