Skip to content

Are the Browns in the Backseat?

The Browns Board
34 15 1.1k
  • The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    When we were in San Antonio, I walked into a Cowboys' store & asked where their Cleveland Browns' section was. They reacted, but in a friendly manner with a sense of humor...much different than the attitudes I have experienced in similar situations in Pittsburgh!

    Mike

  • CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    @tour2ma said:

    CLE is a football city first and foremost...

    Doesn't mean we don't love our winners in other sports, but none of them draw the support the Browns do in a losing season.... let alone a losing decade... or two.

    Yep.

    When the Cavs and Tribe are no longer in first place they'll be almost forgotten.

    WSS

  • The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    I have an unused pair of Manziel sox, if you are interested... πŸ™‚

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    I have an unused pair of Manziel sox, if you are interested... πŸ™‚

    @tour2ma said:

    I have an unused pair of Manziel sox, if you are interested... πŸ™‚

    LOL! I still have my unwrapped primo #2 jersey waiting for a chance to have him sign "Johnny Football" when he's running a BBQ in Kerrville some day.

    The Sugarland Express (Ken Hall) owned and operated one on the south side of Fredericksburg, Tx. for many years, now retired at age 80 there. He held the record for career rushing yards for a H.S. back from 1953 until 2012 when Derrick Henry finally broke it.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It seems to me that what with the Cavaliers having just won a Championship, and the Indians having a 14 game winning streak and in first place by a big margin, that the Browns have taken a back seat in terms of fan interest in them. Now, while I think this will always be a football town......if the other teams in town are winning titles and contending for titles, I do not think the Browns can just stay the status quo....and have the moniker as the one suck ass team in town.

    If the Indians are in hot contention in the fall......all the attention will be on them...and not on the Browns. That means likely that the discretionary sports dollars will be spent elsewhere....tickets to Indians games....the overpriced beer being bought there and not at Browns games. Paraphenalia sales will go there.

    While I suspect the games will still be sold out....the hearts and minds...and dollars.. of the fans here will be focused elsewhere. For Father's Day my kids got me some Cavs and Indians T-shirts. No Browns stuff.

    Bottom line: the other teams in town winning takes away from the Browns bottom line.

    Get your asses in gear and start winning. Grab the fans by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow.

    When teams win there cant help but be increased interest, regardless this will always be browns town first and foremost.

    Championships in Cleveland unfortunately appear to come by order of importance to Cleveland sports fans...first that dude from Euclid who just won the UFC Heavyweight Championship, then the Lake Erie Monsters, then the Cavs....next up are the Indians who are looking good. The last to win a championship in Cleveland will be the team most loved, your beloved Browns.

    @stinkhole said:

    When teams win there cant help but be increased interest, regardless this will always be browns town first and foremost.

    Championships in Cleveland unfortunately appear to come by order of importance to Cleveland sports fans...first that dude from Euclid who just won the UFC Heavyweight Championship, then the Lake Erie Monsters, then the Cavs....next up are the Indians who are looking good. The last to win a championship in Cleveland will be the team most loved, your beloved Browns.

    We have had other minor league championships before.....like indoor soccer. And college level titles: Akron U soccer D-1 soccer title....all the Mt. Union titles. And other smaller college titles. Only the 3 major sports really count.

    I think Cleveland could support an NHL franchise.....but the likes of the NBA and NHL don't really want to compete with other sports. The NHL went into Las Vegas....the only pro sports franchise there now....until and unless the Raiders go there. But those sports really like their one horse towns.

  • The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    @texasag1969 said:

    The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    The Browns stuff all sold out.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I have an unused pair of Manziel sox, if you are interested... πŸ™‚

    LOL! I still have my unwrapped primo #2 jersey waiting for a chance to have him sign "Johnny Football" when he's running a BBQ in Kerrville some day.

    The Sugarland Express (Ken Hall) owned and operated one on the south side of Fredericksburg, Tx. for many years, now retired at age 80 there. He held the record for career rushing yards for a H.S. back from 1953 until 2012 when Derrick Henry finally broke it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! I still have my unwrapped primo #2 jersey waiting for a chance to have him sign "Johnny Football" when he's running a BBQ in Kerrville some day.

    lol... conjured up an image of a balding, potbellied JFF in a BBQ stained apron asking, "You want any pickles on your plate?"

  • @texasag1969 said:

    The Browns are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. I was in a sock shop in Estes Park, Colorado today and browsed their "NFL Wall". Found there were a row top to bottom for each team except Green Pay and the Stealers, both of whom had their own sectional of about 6 rows each. What team was missing? You guessed it. The Browns had totally vanished from the NFL alphabet. They had no column for the Cleveland Browns. "I tell ya we get no respect. Take my Browns, Please." πŸ˜†

    The Browns stuff all sold out.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Browns stuff all sold out.

    You wish. There wasn't even a slot since they were listed by team alphabetically. Broncos of course had a pretty good wall of their own. I was told I could get wanted for the Browns off the company HQ website.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I have an unused pair of Manziel sox, if you are interested... πŸ™‚

    LOL! I still have my unwrapped primo #2 jersey waiting for a chance to have him sign "Johnny Football" when he's running a BBQ in Kerrville some day.

    The Sugarland Express (Ken Hall) owned and operated one on the south side of Fredericksburg, Tx. for many years, now retired at age 80 there. He held the record for career rushing yards for a H.S. back from 1953 until 2012 when Derrick Henry finally broke it.

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! I still have my unwrapped primo #2 jersey waiting for a chance to have him sign "Johnny Football" when he's running a BBQ in Kerrville some day.

    The Sugarland Express (Ken Hall) owned and operated one on the south side of Fredericksburg, Tx. for many years, now retired at age 80 there. He held the record for career rushing yards for a H.S. back from 1953 until 2012 when Derrick Henry finally broke it.

    I would eat at that BBQ....my brother used to live in Kerrville...and my daughter now lives not too far away...in SATX. I was just in Fredericksburg last November. Didn't have the BBQ.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns stuff all sold out.

    You wish. There wasn't even a slot since they were listed by team alphabetically. Broncos of course had a pretty good wall of their own. I was told I could get wanted for the Browns off the company HQ website.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You wish. There wasn't even a slot since they were listed by team alphabetically. Broncos of course had a pretty good wall of their own. I was told I could get wanted for the Browns off the company HQ website.

    That would change with just a few decent seasons. No team would have bigger demand than a successful Browns team.

    Speaking of which....if those people there don't like unsuccessful teams...why are they selling Cowboy gear?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You wish. There wasn't even a slot since they were listed by team alphabetically. Broncos of course had a pretty good wall of their own. I was told I could get wanted for the Browns off the company HQ website.

    That would change with just a few decent seasons. No team would have bigger demand than a successful Browns team.

    Speaking of which....if those people there don't like unsuccessful teams...why are they selling Cowboy gear?

    @the-gipper said:

    That would change with just a few decent seasons. No team would have bigger demand than a successful Browns team.

    Speaking of which....if those people there don't like unsuccessful teams...why are they selling Cowboy gear?

    Because the cowboys are one of the few teams that would challenge the browns for biggest victory parade.