A DRAFT WITHOUT LINEBACKERS
-
We could go this entire draft and not pick a single linebacker and that woud be fine by me.. We have bigger holes than the LB spot. With the FA's and Vets we have at linebacker, we can ride out this year (yeah, we could upgrade for sure) However, I see bigger needs and more talent in this draft at our other area's of need:
Greater needs in this order, IMO:
*Wide reciever (need a couple) We have Braylon and we have ummm....ummm Braylon.....
Steptoe is worthless and it only proves how lousy we are that this guy even has a roster spot, and Patten is a #4 or #5 reciever every where he has been recently..so truly we
need a 2 and a 3.. Where Hubbard fits in this mix I am not sure. Cribbs
is strictly a role player..we all know that..
* Secondary We need a starter next to Poole,...... and another cornerback..someone who can start or push the starters.
* DL We need a DE... We really need to upgrade this as a priority in my opinion because Robaire is coming off of a SEVERE injury and is
no spring chicken. Everyone else is average to below average.. We cannot rush the passer and we cannot stop the run. Robaire even at 100%, is just a journeyman.
Rogers is the only good player on the DL..He's actually the best player on the defense period. I have to admit, this is a weak class for 3/4 Defensive Ends too
* Center: We need a lot more muscle at the Center position. We are getting pushed around at that spot.. it is the weak spot of the OL.
Linebackers IMO would come after all these spots, UNLESS you get a game changer... and I am not thrilled with ANYONE other than Curry.. and we likely cannot get him.. So that being said..I would go to the other need areas where there are some really good players who can play right away for us. I am not saying we cannot upgrade at linebacker, we can for sure.. I am just saying..if we didn't..it is not the end of the world if we pick well at the other areas of need.
Current Linebackers on the roster: Cameron Wimbley, Eric Barton, D'Quell Jackson, Leon Willaims, Alex Hall, Beau Bell, David Bowens, Titus Brown, Cris Griffin, David Holloway, , Shantee Orr,.. I think we can get a good enough rotation (for this season) out of these guys.. So as I say.. I think we could go this draft without taking any linebackers based upon the holes at other spots..
There is better overall talent at the other positions that can help us in this draft, when you look at the linebackers that are truly well suited for a 3-4 scheme.
I know many of you will abuse me for taking this position.. that's ok.. This is how I see the team currently.
-
I say if curry falls to us at #5 we take it but other than that im with you, I think we need to realize that the browns weak at alot of positons and just dont have the picks to try and cover them. All we can do now is just try and piece together a team that will be somewhat competitive. Hopefully the draft will bring 3 solid starters.
-
I say if curry falls to us at #5 we take it but other than that im with you, I think we need to realize that the browns weak at alot of positons and just dont have the picks to try and cover them. All we can do now is just try and piece together a team that will be somewhat competitive. Hopefully the draft will bring 3 solid starters.
Hopefully the draft will bring 3 solid starters.
how about 22?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login