GOP Platform
-
Anyone take a look yet? Seems very socially conservative. I'm not sure that's the best idea for them. Also it doesn't seem to line up with Trump a ton.
-
The platforms never get implemented anyway for either party.
It all sounds great and peachy until suddenly somebody gets elected and they're removing more regulations for wall street.
-
Anyone take a look yet? Seems very socially conservative. I'm not sure that's the best idea for them. Also it doesn't seem to line up with Trump a ton.
I agree with you Woody.Anyone take a look yet? Seems very socially conservative. I'm not sure that's the best idea for them. Also it doesn't seem to line up with Trump a ton.
I realize the party is worried that Trump has alienated a lot of Hardcore Conservative Christian types, like even our friend old Browns fan. I think they've made a decision with the selection of Mike Pence as well as this harder right platform to try and get the disaffected group off the couch in November. I can't imagine they would vote for Hillary instead but I can imagine they would stay home.
Personally I thought that a Republican less tied to the social conservatism was a new kind of candidate and would appeal to some Democrats and independents.
I guess they've decided to go with the fastball instead of the slider or the other way around haha. We will see if it's successful.
Whether the Christian right can compensate for the monolithic black vote remains to be seen.
I do realize however, that it's more strategy than ideology.
WSS
-
Oh i think if trump were just a little bit less of a douche he absolutely would appeal to alot of dems
-
As ive stated before, the "only" reason this election is going to be close is cause trump cant help himself.
-
A lot of the GOP's money comes from the christian conservatives tbh fam.
-
I think Trump has more of a problem with some conservatives that are not not necessarily Christian social conservatives but more like the National Review and George Will types. My guess is many of the # Never Trumpers fall in this category.
"One pattern that emerges is that the people backing Trump tend to be non-elected officials, some of them retired and others in politics-adjacent fields, like leaders of conservative Christian groups. Among officeholders, however, Trump is losing ground or stuck in neutral—perhaps an indication of how electorally toxic he is, or perhaps a reflection of deep misgivings about the lack of organization and fundraising on his campaign so far.Let’s start with who Trump has brought into his camp. The biggest boost comes from a host of evangelical leaders—most prominently Ralph Reed and James Dobson—who he appointed to an advisory board on faith issues. Some of them had been nervous about Trump before, but they’ve come around."
-
Pence is a great choice. It takes the angst out of a lot of worrywarts who wonder if
Trump will be too liberal when he gets elected....
It's a solid move. Pense has strongly disagreed with Trump on a few things, but Trump
is fine with that - doesn't need a buffoon butt kisser like obamao did with Biden Biteme.
With Pence as the vp, I want a Trump hat now, and a sign in the yard.
-
Pence is a great choice. It takes the angst out of a lot of worrywarts who wonder if
Trump will be too liberal when he gets elected....
It's a solid move. Pense has strongly disagreed with Trump on a few things, but Trump
is fine with that - doesn't need a buffoon butt kisser like obamao did with Biden Biteme.
With Pence as the vp, I want a Trump hat now, and a sign in the yard.
Pence is a great choice. It takes the angst out of a lot of worrywarts who wonder if
Trump will be too liberal when he gets elected....
It's a solid move. Pense has strongly disagreed with Trump on a few things, but Trump
is fine with that - doesn't need a buffoon butt kisser like obamao did with Biden Biteme.
With Pence as the vp, I want a Trump hat now, and a sign in the yard.
Ditto...also Trump has been consistently surrounding himself with conservative voices so I believe if elected these are the people who will have his ear.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login