Skip to content

#FreeMilo

Political Discussion
30 7 796
  • I know people say "Milo's just some alt-right goon who happens to be gay"

    But he's a master at triggering people - and for that I salute him.

  • WTF is this shit?

  • WTF is this shit?

    @gftchris said:

    WTF is this shit?

    He's the inventor of trigglypuff

  • WTF is this shit?

    @gftchris said:

    WTF is this shit?

    One of you're fellow Brits who seems to care more about free speech and freedom to criticize ideas than many Americans, sadly.

  • @gftchris said:

    WTF is this shit?

    He's the inventor of trigglypuff

    @bbedward said:

    He's the inventor of trigglypuff

    Ah, the Triggering at UMass. I remember that one. That's when Steven Crowder first appeared on my radar. Gave one of the most epic verbal beat downs to SJW's I've ever seen:

  • I liked the

    "What Milo meant to say was..."

    "No I meant feminism is cancer"

  • Oh my god, those tweets at the awful ghostbuster are hilarious.

    Also, fuck Twitter's bias. Sick of seeing this shit from them and reddit - shutting down freedom of speech when it goes against their narrative. But seriously, how the fuck do you ban someone for something that his followers did? Absolutely sick of this shit.

  • I generally find that Crowder guy annoying, but he destroyed those hecklers.

    That being said, those that base their life around being anti SJW are just as bad as the actual SJWs

  • I generally find that Crowder guy annoying, but he destroyed those hecklers.

    That being said, those that base their life around being anti SJW are just as bad as the actual SJWs

    @mld-woody said:

    ...That being said, those that base their life around being anti SJW are just as bad as the actual SJWs

    I don't think it's so much that people are basing their lives around specifically targeting SJW's; it's mostly the fact that people are finally taking a stand against the intrusion of the SJW-outrage culture that is currently trying to restrict the freedom of people to speak their minds and to have opinions/views that don't necessarily jive with the SJW narrative. Companies like Twitter and Facebook are quick to swing the ban-hammer down on people like Milo Yiannopoulous for having controversial, yet relatively harmless ideas, while they do nothing to censor or ban those who directly act upon hateful ideologies, such as BLM or Islamists.

  • I liked the

    "What Milo meant to say was..."

    "No I meant feminism is cancer"

    @bbedward said:

    I liked the

    "What Milo meant to say was..."

    "No I meant feminism is cancer"

  • Oh my god, those tweets at the awful ghostbuster are hilarious.

    Also, fuck Twitter's bias. Sick of seeing this shit from them and reddit - shutting down freedom of speech when it goes against their narrative. But seriously, how the fuck do you ban someone for something that his followers did? Absolutely sick of this shit.

    @vaportrail said:

    ...Also, fuck Twitter's bias. Sick of seeing this shit from them and reddit - shutting down freedom of speech when it goes against their narrative.

    Case in point: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/amp/#

  • Gotta love folks who think "freedom of speech" protects all speech everywhere...

  • Gotta love folks who think "freedom of speech" protects all speech everywhere...

    @tour2ma said:

    Gotta love folks who think "freedom of speech" protects all speech everywhere...

    I think freedom of speech covers saying things people might find offensive

    Maybe saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" is not ok, but saying "feminism is cancer" is alright

  • @tour2ma said:

    Gotta love folks who think "freedom of speech" protects all speech everywhere...

    I think freedom of speech covers saying things people might find offensive

    Maybe saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" is not ok, but saying "feminism is cancer" is alright

    @bbedward said:

    I think freedom of speech covers saying things people might find offensive

    Maybe saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" is not ok, but saying "feminism is cancer" is alright

    I don't particularly find it offensive either... it's stupid, but not offensive... but that's not the point.

    The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

  • Yea but still saying something that offends somebody and getting banned for it can still be criticized as bullshit

    They don't tend to ban people for praising a terrorist attack on their platform, but they do when a blue haired fat girl gets triggered.

  • @vaportrail said:

    ...Also, fuck Twitter's bias. Sick of seeing this shit from them and reddit - shutting down freedom of speech when it goes against their narrative.

    Case in point: http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/double-standards-leslie-jones-racist-twitter-history/amp/#

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I didn't get angry until I saw the last post from the CEO.

  • @bbedward said:

    I think freedom of speech covers saying things people might find offensive

    Maybe saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" is not ok, but saying "feminism is cancer" is alright

    I don't particularly find it offensive either... it's stupid, but not offensive... but that's not the point.

    The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

    @tour2ma said:

    I don't particularly find it offensive either... it's stupid, but not offensive... but that's not the point.

    The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

    There is nothing that Milo said that deserved the banhammer. Some of the things his followers said to her? Absolutely they deserved it. This sets a horrible precedent.

  • @bbedward said:

    I think freedom of speech covers saying things people might find offensive

    Maybe saying "I'm going to kill you tonight" is not ok, but saying "feminism is cancer" is alright

    I don't particularly find it offensive either... it's stupid, but not offensive... but that's not the point.

    The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

    @tour2ma said:

    ...The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

    @bbedward said:

    Yea but still saying something that offends somebody and getting banned for it can still be criticized as bullshit

    They don't tend to ban people for praising a terrorist attack on their platform, but they do when a blue haired fat girl gets triggered.

    Twitter is indeed allowed to set its own code of conduct on its site, but the crux of the argument is that Twitter's standards and TOS is unequally enforced. Now, i'm about as conservative as Cal is liberal or DieHard is insightful, but even I have noticed that Twitter seems to swing the ban-hammer down more quickly on conservative viewpoints - like the one's that Milo represents - than they do on statements and ideas from more left-leaning ideologies. The fact that Leslie Jones can be free to insult white people in her tweets without rebuke while at the same time crying racism when people troll her about her shitty movie seems to be disingenuous.

  • @tour2ma said:

    ...The point is that on Twitter, just as is the case on the BrownsBoard, there are limits to the "behavior" that is tolerated. And those limits are determined by the powers that be.

    @bbedward said:

    Yea but still saying something that offends somebody and getting banned for it can still be criticized as bullshit

    They don't tend to ban people for praising a terrorist attack on their platform, but they do when a blue haired fat girl gets triggered.

    Twitter is indeed allowed to set its own code of conduct on its site, but the crux of the argument is that Twitter's standards and TOS is unequally enforced. Now, i'm about as conservative as Cal is liberal or DieHard is insightful, but even I have noticed that Twitter seems to swing the ban-hammer down more quickly on conservative viewpoints - like the one's that Milo represents - than they do on statements and ideas from more left-leaning ideologies. The fact that Leslie Jones can be free to insult white people in her tweets without rebuke while at the same time crying racism when people troll her about her shitty movie seems to be disingenuous.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Twitter is indeed allowed to set its own code of conduct on its site, but the crux of the argument is that Twitter's standards and TOS is unequally enforced. Now, i'm about as conservative as Cal is liberal or DieHard is insightful, but even I have noticed that Twitter seems to swing the ban-hammer down more quickly on conservative viewpoints - like the one's that Milo represents - than they do on statements and ideas from more left-leaning ideologies. The fact that Leslie Jones can be free to insult white people in her tweets without rebuke while at the same time crying racism when people troll her about her shitty movie seems to be disingenuous.

    OU7KFGq.png

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    Twitter is indeed allowed to set its own code of conduct on its site, but the crux of the argument is that Twitter's standards and TOS is unequally enforced. Now, i'm about as conservative as Cal is liberal or DieHard is insightful, but even I have noticed that Twitter seems to swing the ban-hammer down more quickly on conservative viewpoints - like the one's that Milo represents - than they do on statements and ideas from more left-leaning ideologies. The fact that Leslie Jones can be free to insult white people in her tweets without rebuke while at the same time crying racism when people troll her about her shitty movie seems to be disingenuous.

    OU7KFGq.png

    @vaportrail said:

    OU7KFGq.png

    TBH, those people sound like fucking losers to me. They should harden the fuck up and stand up for their freedoms in their own countries instead of saying fuck it and trying to establish a compound in South America.