Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Fastball

Fastball

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
9 Posts 4 Posters 835 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #1

    On Netflix..

    I found it to be a very interesting pc of film dissecting the fastball in MLB. It covers everybody that was anybody and even a couple nobodies in the history of major league baseball. It takes a look at the clocking methods over a lengthy stretch of time, and does their level best to convert those results to today's standard of measuring today's fastballs at the distance of 50' from home plate..

    If you are a baseball buff, or an ex pitcher at any level you'll find this interesting. Being a guy that was lucky enough to be paid to throw a 5oz mol sphere 60'6" I found this film fascinating.. I just wish they'd touched more on the mechanics involved..

    Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
    One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
      • 57k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Are you Sid Finch?

      One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Sid gets brief mention in the film..

        Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The GipperT The Gipper

          Are you Sid Finch?

          One Post One PostO
          • 4k Posts
          • 284 Reputation
          One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @the-gipper said:

          Are you Sid Finch?

          You know some of the posters don't remember the April Fools joke. You're such a ham.
          https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
          The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • AxeA Axe

            On Netflix..

            I found it to be a very interesting pc of film dissecting the fastball in MLB. It covers everybody that was anybody and even a couple nobodies in the history of major league baseball. It takes a look at the clocking methods over a lengthy stretch of time, and does their level best to convert those results to today's standard of measuring today's fastballs at the distance of 50' from home plate..

            If you are a baseball buff, or an ex pitcher at any level you'll find this interesting. Being a guy that was lucky enough to be paid to throw a 5oz mol sphere 60'6" I found this film fascinating.. I just wish they'd touched more on the mechanics involved..

            One Post One PostO
            • 4k Posts
            • 284 Reputation
            One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @axe said:

            On Netflix..

            I found it to be a very interesting pc of film dissecting the fastball in MLB. It covers everybody that was anybody and even a couple nobodies in the history of major league baseball. It takes a look at the clocking methods over a lengthy stretch of time, and does their level best to convert those results to today's standard of measuring today's fastballs at the distance of 50' from home plate..

            If you are a baseball buff, or an ex pitcher at any level you'll find this interesting. Being a guy that was lucky enough to be paid to throw a 5oz mol sphere 60'6" I found this film fascinating.. I just wish they'd touched more on the mechanics involved..

            I'll check it out man. You're ok axe if you didn't know already.
            https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Depends who ya ask 😎

              Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
              One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • AxeA Axe

                Depends who ya ask 😎

                One Post One PostO
                • 4k Posts
                • 284 Reputation
                One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @axe said:

                Depends who ya ask 😎

                You're probably like everyone else. You have to be a fuckin dick sometimes that's life. Especially to the ones who disrespect you. For me I have several rules I follow.

                1. Don't talk shit on anybody behind their backs unless you truely hate them. Now if someone knows me well and talks smack on me I'll look at what they're saying and see if I can learn from it. For instance if my brother calls me a piece of shit then I won't get mad at him rather wonder what I did wrong. If someone I don't know calls me a piece of shit then I get irratated a bit. They don't know me so they don't like me because I pose a threat to them somehow. So it's jealousy more than their opinion.

                2. I write long posts because I don't have many friends. I'll write them off topic in a movie review forum for the public to read because my wife is hogging the Netflix right now and I won't spend the extra dollar for Netflix on two tvs.

                https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • One PostO One Post

                  @the-gipper said:

                  Are you Sid Finch?

                  You know some of the posters don't remember the April Fools joke. You're such a ham.
                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  One Post From the Truth said:

                  You know some of the posters don't remember the April Fools joke. You're such a ham.

                  That is why God made Google....so people can look up shit they don't know.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Chicopee John C
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 104 Reputation
                    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    My Brother In Law - just yesterday - highly recommended this film to me. I will have to watch it.

                    He said there is another one named, "Knuckleball" but he didn't find it nearly as interesting.

                    "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate