Skip to content

Democratic Convention

Political Discussion
108 17 3.5k
  • Everyone get hyped for clown show #2!

  • Dont act like cal doesnt have u pegged right as a paid shill for hillary. He's worked really hard on tjat false narrative show some respect

  • Dont act like cal doesnt have u pegged right as a paid shill for hillary. He's worked really hard on tjat false narrative show some respect

    @clevfan4life said:

    Dont act like cal doesnt have u pegged right as a paid shill for hillary. He's worked really hard on tjat false narrative show some respect

    If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

    🙂

    WSS

  • I dont even know what that means

  • I dont even know what that means

    @clevfan4life said:

    I dont even know what that means

    Sadly enough you probably don't.

    WSS

  • Everyone get hyped for clown show #2!

    @mld-woody said:

    Everyone get hyped for clown show #2!

    Both conventions are usually to me boring dog and pony shows but the DNC convention might get a little interesting...Sanders voters have a little more fire in them then their leader and I don't seem them taking the corruption at the DNC lying down. I want to see some fireworks and I think we will see it. I already saw DWS loudly being booed as she spoke to her own delegates. Clinton's hiring of DWS immediately after she announced her resignation is just a poke in the eye to Sanders voters and the icing on the cake.

  • The bar for Dysfunctional Convention of the Year" has been set very high...

    Are the Dems up to the challenge...

    And it is on!

  • Anything happen day 1? I had to cover 2nd shift

  • Anything happen day 1? I had to cover 2nd shift

    Wow... no posts during the evening? Was a rerun of The Apprentice on?

    @mld-woody said:

    Anything happen day 1? I had to cover 2nd shift

    Let's see...

    • Al Franken showed he's lost some comedic timing...
    • Sarah Silverman dressed down the Bernie or Bust gang from the podium: 'To the Bernie or Bust Crowd, You're Being Ridiculous'
    • Paul Simon showed his voice is shot, but he is 74 so...
    • Cory Booker gave a soaring speech.
    • Elizabeth Warren was OK, but could not sustain her energy.
    • Michele Obama killed...
    • Bernie was Bernie... not a whiff of Cruz... He thanked his supporters and took a victory lap for impacting the platform. And urged them not to sit this election out.

    There were a lot of tear-stained faces in the Bernie crowds.

    There was a lot of analysis last week about the RNC not allowing Cruz supporters their moment to relive the pressure of their crushed hopes. The DNC surely did that.... we'll see what impact it has.

  • Wow... no posts during the evening? Was a rerun of The Apprentice on?

    @mld-woody said:

    Anything happen day 1? I had to cover 2nd shift

    Let's see...

    • Al Franken showed he's lost some comedic timing...
    • Sarah Silverman dressed down the Bernie or Bust gang from the podium: 'To the Bernie or Bust Crowd, You're Being Ridiculous'
    • Paul Simon showed his voice is shot, but he is 74 so...
    • Cory Booker gave a soaring speech.
    • Elizabeth Warren was OK, but could not sustain her energy.
    • Michele Obama killed...
    • Bernie was Bernie... not a whiff of Cruz... He thanked his supporters and took a victory lap for impacting the platform. And urged them not to sit this election out.

    There were a lot of tear-stained faces in the Bernie crowds.

    There was a lot of analysis last week about the RNC not allowing Cruz supporters their moment to relive the pressure of their crushed hopes. The DNC surely did that.... we'll see what impact it has.

    @tour2ma said:

    [*]Bernie was Bernie... not a whiff of Cruz... He thanked his supporters and took a victory lap for impacting the platform. And urged them not to sit this election out.

    There were a lot of tear-stained faces in the Bernie crowds.

    Impacting the platform? Bullshit.

    Bernie is a irresolute shill who talks reform in one breath, and then supports the very party and candidate who dicked him in the next breath.

    Bernie Sanders speech at DNC: "Hillary Clinton will make an outstanding President": https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/bernie-sanders-dnc-speech-000000648.html#

  • Sanders is a spineless pussy. Been obvious since he let BLM take over his rally.

  • I didn't spend much time with the Republican convention 82. I did listen to some analysis from MSNBC and Fox News. However I did hear a bunch of Michelle Obama's anti-slavery speech. I'm not sure the speech killed as you describe it because that horse has been dead for a while.

    WSS

  • Bernie did the right thing (from his perspective). I wish Cruz would have given a speech like that for Trump. Cruz had to realize that on the issues Trump would be better than Clinton. There are only 2 choices on the ballot so people have to weigh things out who is better on the issues they care about. Bernie obviously feels Clinton would be better than Trump and from his liberal viewpoint he is probably right.

    Either way Cruz or Sanders went they were going to get criticized by some. Bernie had it right on this one and Cruz had it wrong IMO.

  • Bernie did the right thing (from his perspective). I wish Cruz would have given a speech like that for Trump. Cruz had to realize that on the issues Trump would be better than Clinton. There are only 2 choices on the ballot so people have to weigh things out who is better on the issues they care about. Bernie obviously feels Clinton would be better than Trump and from his liberal viewpoint he is probably right.

    Either way Cruz or Sanders went they were going to get criticized by some. Bernie had it right on this one and Cruz had it wrong IMO.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Bernie did the right thing (from his perspective). I wish Cruz would have given a speech like that for Trump. Cruz had to realize that on the issues Trump would be better than Clinton. There are only 2 choices on the ballot so people have to weigh things out who is better on the issues they care about. Bernie obviously feels Clinton would be better than Trump and from his liberal viewpoint he is probably right.

    Either way Cruz or Sanders went they were going to get criticized by some. Bernie had it right on this one and Cruz had it wrong IMO.

    You are right on the money here. People like John Kasich and Ted Cruz come off looking like sore losers, which they are.

    But anyone who feels that Donald Trump isn't quite conservative enough for him then greases the skids for somebody like Hillary Clinton is really fucked up.

    WSS

  • I didn't really watch but to me but seemed 95% minority pandering

  • Looks like the American flag seems to absent at the dem convention. Why doesn't that surprise me?

    No Visible American Flags Present At The Democrat Convention
  • I didn't really watch but to me but seemed 95% minority pandering

    @bbedward said:

    I didn't really watch but to me but seemed 95% minority pandering

    A conservative estimate.

    WSS

  • Just had to laugh out loud at the MSNBC coverage this morning, Claire mccaskill is on talking about how Hillary is such a devoted and sacrificing human being and how much more money she could have made in the private sector. You know fighting hard for minorities and children and shit.

    I can't imagine that Senator and political candidate isn't an infinitely easier job than actually practicing law and certainly nowhere near as lucrative when you look at the millions and millions she gets paid for basically nothing.

    Secretary of State might be a little complicated but as her defenders say fucking up the foreign policy in Libya wasn't her fault so that must mean she's nothing but an Obama stooge or letting somebody else do the work.

    WSS

  • Looks like the American flag seems to absent at the dem convention. Why doesn't that surprise me?

    No Visible American Flags Present At The Democrat Convention

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Looks like the American flag seems to absent at the dem convention. Why doesn't that surprise me?

    No Visible American Flags Present At The Democrat Convention

    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/25/no-visible-american-flags-present-at-the-democrat-convention/#ixzz4FW9R7Dba

    Looks like the east side of the Berlin wall.

    Nationalism is racist and scary though