Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Wheelchair Van

Wheelchair Van

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
21 Posts 7 Posters 646 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • One Post One PostO
    • 4k Posts
    • 284 Reputation
    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #1

    First of all I would like to apologize if this is in the wrong place.

    I don't really speak of serious nature on this board too often. I'm a jokester but this is a big deal. I have twin grand babies that were born with Cerebral Palsy. Gabe and Gavin have had a rough way to go.

    Gavin will never walk and that's a shame...but however he got his first wheelchair! It won't be long before he scoots everywhere he wants to roll. Gabe on the other hand walks but still has a hard time.

    The family are troopers and have never complained or asked for anything.

    Wheelchair vans are very expensive and they are raising money for the cause. They are in a situation because most of their time is taken for the care of them as you could understand. After talking with the family they have let me post this.

    If you have any questions feel free to ask.

    Thank you.

    https://www.bonfirefunds.com/lance-twins-wheelchair-van-fundraiser

    https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'll be happy to contribute to the cause - my credit card fraud happened so I'm still waiting on the new one working on a cash only basis at the moment, but once I get it I'll grab a couple.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • One Post One PostO
        • 4k Posts
        • 284 Reputation
        One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Ok no big hurry thanks.

        https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

          One PostO 2 Replies Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • medicineman medicinemanM
            • 2k Posts
            • 185 Reputation
            medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I tried to put it on my fb page but for some reason it will not let me. It keeps saying "share on fb" and I hit yes and nothing happens

            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • medicineman medicinemanM
              • 2k Posts
              • 185 Reputation
              medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I was able to get it to work, My internet was acting up

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
                #7

                I drove a bus for an assisted living home for a year. The bus had a wheelchair lift...

                here is where you can get used vans... maybe get one of your own

                converted...

                they are a class company - I went to the one in Akron for service.

                http://www.mobilityworks.com/mobilityworks-locations/AkronCleveland.php

                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                  • 64k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  from the site:

                  "There are programs and grants available to Ohioans in need.

                  We have assembled a list of these resources here."

                  Cincinnati

                  Toledo

                  Pittsburgh

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                    • 64k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                    #9
                    http://www.mobilityworks.com/financing/grant-assistance/ohio.php
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • One Post One PostO
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 284 Reputation
                      One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Thank you.

                      https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                        Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                        One Post One PostO
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 284 Reputation
                        One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @logicisforsquares said:

                        Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                        I'm sure there is. Let me get back to you. I found out about all of this last night so it's all new to me. I'm usually the last in line to get any news on anything. The women have conjured up this idea.

                        Ya I feel you on the shirts and it looks like I will have a bunch.

                        https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                          Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                          One Post One PostO
                          • 4k Posts
                          • 284 Reputation
                          One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @logicisforsquares said:

                          Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                          https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                          https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                          bbedwardB One PostO 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • One PostO One Post

                            @logicisforsquares said:

                            Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                            https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                            bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 1k Reputation
                            bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            "One said:

                            https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                            I can post this up at work Monday

                            One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • bbedwardB bbedward

                              "One said:

                              https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                              I can post this up at work Monday

                              One Post One PostO
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 284 Reputation
                              One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @bbedward said:

                              I can post this up at work Monday

                              Awesome thank you.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • One Post One PostO
                                • 4k Posts
                                • 284 Reputation
                                One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                To the ones who've bought tee shirts and donated money thank you so much bless you.

                                https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                  • 28k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  Sorry don't do internet donations.

                                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                                    • 13k Posts
                                    • 5k Reputation
                                    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Any link where you can donate a few bucks without the shirt...or....??

                                    One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • One PostO One Post

                                      @logicisforsquares said:

                                      Is there a site just to donate money? I don't need another t-shirt but I do want to pitch in.

                                      https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                                      One Post One PostO
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 284 Reputation
                                      One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      "One said:

                                      https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                                      https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • tiamat63T tiamat63

                                        Any link where you can donate a few bucks without the shirt...or....??

                                        One Post One PostO
                                        • 4k Posts
                                        • 284 Reputation
                                        One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @tiamat63 said:

                                        Any link where you can donate a few bucks without the shirt...or....??

                                        "One said:

                                        "One said:

                                        https://www.gofundme.com/gavingabelance

                                        https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • One Post One PostO
                                          • 4k Posts
                                          • 284 Reputation
                                          One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Halfway there and a week to go. For everyone who has purchased one thank you.

                                          https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate