Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Haslam Interview

Haslam Interview

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
7 Posts 5 Posters 897 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I thought Haslam had a really good interview here on video from www.clevelandbrowns.com

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Jimmy_Haslam_Hue_brings_a_tremendous_energy_level/12433b2a-ced7-44a4-911c-9651874be93f

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 8k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
      #2

      He never doges a question.

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
        • 4k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
        #3

        A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

        We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

        Mike

        IN DORSEY I TRUST
        D BoneD The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

          A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

          We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

          Mike

          D Bone D BoneD Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 8k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @canton-mike said:

          A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

          We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

          Mike

          Great to hear!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

            A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

            We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

            Mike

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @canton-mike said:

            A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

            We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

            Mike

            Ever the salesman......he was just touting First Energy....who holds the stadium naming rights.

            On that question.....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name? Of course, I guess they went away from that when that company was no longer exclusive to Ohio.

            OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The GipperT The Gipper

              @canton-mike said:

              A key word from Jimmy that really strikes me is "ENERGY". The energy level at Training Camp today was off the charts. Absolutely no comparison to TCs I've attended since "the return".

              We'll see what actually happens, but I like what I'm seeing.

              Mike

              Ever the salesman......he was just touting First Energy....who holds the stadium naming rights.

              On that question.....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name? Of course, I guess they went away from that when that company was no longer exclusive to Ohio.

              Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 9k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
              #6

              @the-gipper said:

              .....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name?

              By 'any of you', do you also mean people who don't live, and never have lived, anywhere near Ohio?

              I'm kinda partial to, Pilot J's Flying Circus.

              --------

              Haslam preaches patience every year at this time. Then, in January, he boots everyone out. (Horton is obviously a glutton for punishment)

              In Haslam's defense, he absolutely HAD to clean house this last time. Pettine's no head coach and Farmer shouldn't even be a scout. (I thought he had some good coaches the last time Horton was here though. Norv Turner on offense...)

              Haslam mentions how it's a very steep learning curve for him. I'm certain it is.....but gee-whiz, couldn't he have learned ANYTHING while he was part owner of the Steelers? What? Did he just want a yellow towel and a luxury box to eat chocolate bon-bons in?

              I've gotta give him a little credit this time for thinking out of the box and setting up a committee of Harvard guys to handle the draft. The 'football people' seem to screw it up year in and year out.

              BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
              FlugelF 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • OrionO Orion

                @the-gipper said:

                .....do any of you agree with me that you liked the old "Ohio Edison" name over this putrid "First Energy" pussy name?

                By 'any of you', do you also mean people who don't live, and never have lived, anywhere near Ohio?

                I'm kinda partial to, Pilot J's Flying Circus.

                --------

                Haslam preaches patience every year at this time. Then, in January, he boots everyone out. (Horton is obviously a glutton for punishment)

                In Haslam's defense, he absolutely HAD to clean house this last time. Pettine's no head coach and Farmer shouldn't even be a scout. (I thought he had some good coaches the last time Horton was here though. Norv Turner on offense...)

                Haslam mentions how it's a very steep learning curve for him. I'm certain it is.....but gee-whiz, couldn't he have learned ANYTHING while he was part owner of the Steelers? What? Did he just want a yellow towel and a luxury box to eat chocolate bon-bons in?

                I've gotta give him a little credit this time for thinking out of the box and setting up a committee of Harvard guys to handle the draft. The 'football people' seem to screw it up year in and year out.

                Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 11k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @orion said:

                Haslam preaches patience every year at this time. Then, in January, he boots everyone out. (Horton is obviously a glutton for punishment)

                In Haslam's defense, he absolutely HAD to clean house this last time. Pettine's no head coach and Farmer shouldn't even be a scout. (I thought he had some good coaches the last time Horton was here though. Norv Turner on offense...)

                Haslam mentions how it's a very steep learning curve for him. I'm certain it is.....but gee-whiz, couldn't he have learned ANYTHING while he was part owner of the Steelers? What? Did he just want a yellow towel and a luxury box to eat chocolate bon-bons in?

                I've gotta give him a little credit this time for thinking out of the box and setting up a committee of Harvard guys to handle the draft. The 'football people' seem to screw it up year in and year out.

                I'm not saying we got the next Eddie DeBartolo Jr or anything. That said, Eddie went through a lot of growing pains early on in SF hiring and firing a lot of the wrong people until he finally found the right guy at the right time. Coincidentally, they also found the perfect QB for the WCO in round 3.

                Haslam began the off season press conference saying the blame starts with him and he needed to be better. I know this is the time of year us Diehards put our game faces on for the season; but I really think he hired the right guys for the front office and head coaching positions. Adding to our draft volumes in 2016 and 2017 didn't suck while they didn't waste FA $ on has beens.

                If our 2014 team could get off to a 7-4 start in spite of a lot of injuries just 1 year after winning just 4 games - I see no reason this team can't surprise people too. We had 3 playoff teams in our division in 2014. Of our 9 losses, we had 2nd half leads or tie scores in 6 of them.

                I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Theme
                • System
                • Light
                • Dark
                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Forums
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Donate