Skip to content

Orange and Brown Scrimmage Thread

The Browns Board
34 15 1.3k
  • The one clip I saw, was Hue raving over a play made by Scooby -

    three or times Hue said "WAY TO GO, SCOOBY!"

    that's it. Scooby has instincts to be a player worth keeping.

    and Higgins... the rest of the rookies. I wonder if there is a record for

    the # of rookies to make an NFL team's active roster.

    Maybe the Browns might break that record.... πŸ™‚

    @calfoxwc said:

    The one clip I saw, was Hue raving over a play made by Scooby -

    three or times Hue said "WAY TO GO, SCOOBY!"

    that's it. Scooby has instincts to be a player worth keeping.

    and Higgins... the rest of the rookies. I wonder if there is a record for

    the # of rookies to make an NFL team's active roster.

    Maybe the Browns might break that record.... πŸ™‚

    With the crap that was on this roster, all 14 should make it.

  • The one clip I saw, was Hue raving over a play made by Scooby -

    three or times Hue said "WAY TO GO, SCOOBY!"

    that's it. Scooby has instincts to be a player worth keeping.

    and Higgins... the rest of the rookies. I wonder if there is a record for

    the # of rookies to make an NFL team's active roster.

    Maybe the Browns might break that record.... πŸ™‚

    @calfoxwc said:

    The one clip I saw, was Hue raving over a play made by Scooby -

    three or times Hue said "WAY TO GO, SCOOBY!"

    that's it. Scooby has instincts to be a player worth keeping.

    and Higgins... the rest of the rookies. I wonder if there is a record for

    the # of rookies to make an NFL team's active roster.

    Maybe the Browns might break that record.... πŸ™‚

    No kidding, and not only make the active roster, but have a significant role throughout the year too.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    The one clip I saw, was Hue raving over a play made by Scooby -

    three or times Hue said "WAY TO GO, SCOOBY!"

    that's it. Scooby has instincts to be a player worth keeping.

    and Higgins... the rest of the rookies. I wonder if there is a record for

    the # of rookies to make an NFL team's active roster.

    Maybe the Browns might break that record.... πŸ™‚

    No kidding, and not only make the active roster, but have a significant role throughout the year too.

    @d-bone said:

    No kidding, and not only make the active roster, but have a significant role throughout the year too.

    If he didn't have any health issues he would've been drafted a lot higher. He's going to have to be special on Special teams that's for sure. I'm rooting for the kid.
  • @flugel said:

    Thanks for starting a good football thread this weekend!

    That's good news about Pryor. That said, he and Lenz were the talk of training camp this time last year and neither made the team with the weakest WR Corps in the league. I was so disappointed in the previous staff for erasing almost an entire season worth of development/experience from Pryor. When they finally brought him back with a few weeks left - we read nonsense like we're not ready to put him out there yet as if it would cost us anything on our way to 3 wins.

    I know it's not always easy to zero in on specific things especially if you have kids, a spouse or grandchildren with you so if you or anyone else that attended can answer any of the following questions - it would be great.

    Did any WRs beside Pryor look impressive?

    What can you tell me about the o-line like Erving, Drango and Coleman in particular? Or, if anyone stood out on either line?

    Did Scooby Do or Don't?

    How did the backers look especially in pass coverage?

    Did any of our 1st or 2nd year edge rushers impress you?

    Does it look like we have any RBs that could challenge Crow or Duke for reps?

    Did any FBs/TEs catch your eye blocking or catching?

    Anyone in our secondary jump out at you in a good way at Safety or Corner?

    It sounds like they did some STs stuff reading about Mostert's frustrating day, did they use our WR Ricardo Louis as a punt coverage gunner?

    Jordan Payton was used in the backfield, motion, FB, he was all over the place and could be a hybrid tight end

    Higgins is small, he's got decent size but he looked pretty little when running routes

    Pryor actually had 8 catches and 2 TDs, RG was finding him everywhere. Pry has come a long way from last year. Too bad Coleman couldn't practice. Gordon, Pyror, and Coleman....looking good on the edge this year

    Crowell looks sooooo fast and quick. Hope he stays healthy, him and Duke will be fun to watch this year.

    Like another poster said, Raheem dropped every single punt/kick, Jennings took one to the house.

    It was nice just seeing Gordon in shorts and a jersey with 12 on it

    Gilbert got burnt a couple times but looks much more cozy and seasoned in his role than last year

    It was tough to judge any positions on defense because there was no contact. Kruger will surprise this year, they've changed his depth and length going up field with his qb Rush and he looked really fast and strong off the snap.

    Cody Kessler looks awful so far, very raw and has a ways to go, keep McCown For the time being

    @typicalbrowns said:

    Jordan Payton was used in the backfield, motion, FB, he was all over the place and could be a hybrid tight end

    Higgins is small, he's got decent size but he looked pretty little when running routes

    Pryor actually had 8 catches and 2 TDs, RG was finding him everywhere. Pry has come a long way from last year. Too bad Coleman couldn't practice. Gordon, Pyror, and Coleman....looking good on the edge this year

    Crowell looks sooooo fast and quick. Hope he stays healthy, him and Duke will be fun to watch this year.

    Like another poster said, Raheem dropped every single punt/kick, Jennings took one to the house.

    It was nice just seeing Gordon in shorts and a jersey with 12 on it

    Gilbert got burnt a couple times but looks much more cozy and seasoned in his role than last year

    It was tough to judge any positions on defense because there was no contact. Kruger will surprise this year, they've changed his depth and length going up field with his qb Rush and he looked really fast and strong off the snap.

    Cody Kessler looks awful so far, very raw and has a ways to go, keep McCown For the time being

    I didn't realize that scrimmage was without pads or I wouldn't have asked so many questions. Thanks for all the info you shared!

    Hard to believe the first preseason game is only 5 days away.

  • @typicalbrowns said:

    Jordan Payton was used in the backfield, motion, FB, he was all over the place and could be a hybrid tight end

    Higgins is small, he's got decent size but he looked pretty little when running routes

    Pryor actually had 8 catches and 2 TDs, RG was finding him everywhere. Pry has come a long way from last year. Too bad Coleman couldn't practice. Gordon, Pyror, and Coleman....looking good on the edge this year

    Crowell looks sooooo fast and quick. Hope he stays healthy, him and Duke will be fun to watch this year.

    Like another poster said, Raheem dropped every single punt/kick, Jennings took one to the house.

    It was nice just seeing Gordon in shorts and a jersey with 12 on it

    Gilbert got burnt a couple times but looks much more cozy and seasoned in his role than last year

    It was tough to judge any positions on defense because there was no contact. Kruger will surprise this year, they've changed his depth and length going up field with his qb Rush and he looked really fast and strong off the snap.

    Cody Kessler looks awful so far, very raw and has a ways to go, keep McCown For the time being

    I didn't realize that scrimmage was without pads or I wouldn't have asked so many questions. Thanks for all the info you shared!

    Hard to believe the first preseason game is only 5 days away.

    @flugel said:

    I didn't realize that scrimmage was without pads or I wouldn't have asked so many questions. Thanks for all the info you shared!

    Hard to believe the first preseason game is only 5 days away.

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

  • @flugel said:

    I didn't realize that scrimmage was without pads or I wouldn't have asked so many questions. Thanks for all the info you shared!

    Hard to believe the first preseason game is only 5 days away.

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

    @topdawg31 said:

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

    That's really good news about Friday. Man, that sounds like a great road trip this time of year. Enjoy...

  • @flugel said:

    I didn't realize that scrimmage was without pads or I wouldn't have asked so many questions. Thanks for all the info you shared!

    Hard to believe the first preseason game is only 5 days away.

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

    @topdawg31 said:

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

    Oh, do I envy you! Going to a live game at Lambeau is definitely one of my "bucket list" items.

    Mike

  • @topdawg31 said:

    The real 11 on 11 with live tackling scrimmage was Friday night and Coleman and RG3 were the stars. Football in 5 days and I will be there, road trip to Lambeau.

    Oh, do I envy you! Going to a live game at Lambeau is definitely one of my "bucket list" items.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Oh, do I envy you! Going to a live game at Lambeau is definitely one of my "bucket list" items.

    Mike

    same here, preseason or not I have to see a game in Lambeau.

  • RGIII and Coleman have been lighting it up, running game needs to improve. Justin"toast"Gilbert looks lost.

    @topdawg31 said:

    RGIII and Coleman have been lighting it up, running game needs to improve. Justin"toast"Gilbert looks lost.

    We need a new, better nickname for him.

    How about "Charcoal"? It is always getting burnt on a grill.

    Or

    Qui Gon Jin.....as they burned him in a funeral pyre.

    Or "The French Army".....because he gets run over so badly.

    Or "Zippo" for the way he is always getting lit up.

    Insert your own.

  • Yep there was a ton of stuff designed for pryor i think... Either our defense is pop warner or they were instructed to lay off lol...i fucking hope atleast... Otherwise we are in for a longer season than last year...

    @cainedesoulis said:

    Yep there was a ton of stuff designed for pryor i think... Either our defense is pop warner or they were instructed to lay off lol...i fucking hope atleast... Otherwise we are in for a longer season than last year...

    The scrimmage was taking place at Ohio Stadium...in Pryor's old haunting grounds. Probably why he was featured.

  • Is this thing on youtube or anything?

  • @topdawg31 said:

    RGIII and Coleman have been lighting it up, running game needs to improve. Justin"toast"Gilbert looks lost.

    We need a new, better nickname for him.

    How about "Charcoal"? It is always getting burnt on a grill.

    Or

    Qui Gon Jin.....as they burned him in a funeral pyre.

    Or "The French Army".....because he gets run over so badly.

    Or "Zippo" for the way he is always getting lit up.

    Insert your own.

    @the-gipper said:

    We need a new, better nickname for him

    I think 'Former' Browns' 1st round draft pick works.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We need a new, better nickname for him

    I think 'Former' Browns' 1st round draft pick works.

    @d-bone said:

    I think 'Former' Browns' 1st round draft pick works.

    DING DING DING DING we have a winner