Skip to content

Braylon to Giants Most Likely

The Browns Board
53 33 4.1k
  • D dj_illness wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Mathias Kiwanuka would be a huge defensive asset.

  • D d531 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Oh C'mon....the minute everyone started bitching about Savage and Crennel, you had to know a rebuild was coming. This shouldn't be a shocker to to anyone in anyway, shape, or form. We'll be hoping for a winning season year three again, the saga continues....

  • @furnier said:

    It's clear Mangini is hitting the reset button....so...goodbye Braylon. I'm OK with it as long as we rape the Giants for more than he's worth. I think that isn't out of the question since the Giants clearly think they can win it all this year.

    However, unless a bunch of Rooks and no-namers step up big this year....we're probably looking at 6-10 at best in 2009. That kinda sucks.

    Doug

    Don't count on it.

    I'll always believe.

    FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @riffer-x said:

    Don't count on it.

    I'll always believe.

    No one more optimistic than me Riff. I'll go in to September 13th thinking 16-0 until something happens to change my mind. Gonna be a whole new group going for that record though.

    Go Browns...always and forever!

    DWJ

  • @riffer-x said:

    Don't count on it.

    I'll always believe.

    No one more optimistic than me Riff. I'll go in to September 13th thinking 16-0 until something happens to change my mind. Gonna be a whole new group going for that record though.

    Go Browns...always and forever!

    DWJ

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @furnier said:

    No one more optimistic than me Riff. I'll go in to September 13th thinking 16-0 until something happens to change my mind. Gonna be a whole new group going for that record though.

    Go Browns...always and forever!

    DWJ

    I don't think there will be as many new starting faces as you think.

    Backfield will stay intact, OL had a face lift on the right side, add a receiver to replace Stallworth, DL stays intact. 2 new LBs, same special teams kickers and return men and a new safety and a nickle back in the defensive backfield. It isn't the tear-it-apart rebuild people think. It's what happens after a 4-12 season but the core players aren't being shipped out and a whole new team coming in. Only trade has been Winslow and a few not so good free agents walked.

    The biggest change over will be with the backups and special teams players and they really needed a makeover.

    The rest of the rebuilding is in the media's minds.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Dez_Bryant2.jpg

    The Browns new star Wideout, coming soon to a stadium in 2010 near you

  • What we do is draft hakeem nicks and his teamate brandon Tate...those two guys will be a great tandum

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @solon16 said:

    What we do is draft hakeem nicks and his teamate brandon Tate...those two guys will be a great tandum

    What's interesting is that Nicks didn't really become a focal point of their offense until Tate got hurt.

    Tate was wicked good before the injury, but I don't think we can rely on a guy coming back from ACL & MCL tears.

    I love Hicks' hands, but it's disconcerting that he only scored an 11 on his Wonderlic and showed up to his pro day 10-15 pounds overweight. He's since dropped the weight, but those signs point to some possible intelligence/motivation issues.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Dez Bryant is just one of five big time receivers that could be available in next year's draft. Seniors Brandon LaFell (LSU) and Marshawn Gilyard (Cincinnati) are lesser versions of Crabtree and Maclin, and the juniors - Bryant, Arrelious Benn (Illinois), and Damian Williams (USC) - all possess great potential.

    Receiver, safety, and defensive tackle should be stacked with draft talent next year. Of those three positions, however, I think the latter two are the ones with true elite players: Eric Berry at safety and Ndamukong Suh/Gerald McCoy at d-tackle.

    But we probably should get through this year's draft before we start pimping 2010 prospects.

  • Dez Bryant is just one of five big time receivers that could be available in next year's draft. Seniors Brandon LaFell (LSU) and Marshawn Gilyard (Cincinnati) are lesser versions of Crabtree and Maclin, and the juniors - Bryant, Arrelious Benn (Illinois), and Damian Williams (USC) - all possess great potential.

    Receiver, safety, and defensive tackle should be stacked with draft talent next year. Of those three positions, however, I think the latter two are the ones with true elite players: Eric Berry at safety and Ndamukong Suh/Gerald McCoy at d-tackle.

    But we probably should get through this year's draft before we start pimping 2010 prospects.

    T Timugen wrote on last edited by Timugen
    #37

    Aloysius said:

    Dez Bryant is just one of five big time receivers that could be available in next year's draft. Seniors Brandon LaFell (LSU) and Marshawn Gilyard (Cincinnati) are lesser versions of Crabtree and Maclin, and the juniors - Bryant, Arrelious Benn (Illinois), and Damian Williams (USC) - all possess great potential.

    Receiver, safety, and defensive tackle should be stacked with draft talent next year. Of those three positions, however, I think the latter two are the ones with true elite players: Eric Berry at safety and Ndamukong Suh/Gerald McCoy at d-tackle.

    But we probably should get through this year's draft before we start pimping 2010 prospects.

    Eric Berry... he is a football player that makes man-love/bromance justifiable.

    "Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas".....blah blah blah...... but Tim Tebow shamefully wears Eric Berry pajamas as he weeps himself to sleep every night while thinking about how good Berry is and how Kiffykins will let Berry loose to single-handedly dismantle Florida in this year's game.

    Damn, I hope we get a shot at him.

    Assuming we don't get curb-stomped this year and are a bit further down in the draft, he is one of the rare players where it actually IS worth it to trade up to get him.

    But, I digress.....as you said, we should worry about this year's draft first. It is fun to hope, though. 😉

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Digress away. Would love to see Berry in a Browns uniform. Then again, I feel the same way about McCoy and Suh. All of them are likely top ten picks next year and will receive higher grades than Aaron Curry, who's arguably the best player in this year's draft.

    That's a testament to how weak this draft is at the top.

  • Dez Bryant is just one of five big time receivers that could be available in next year's draft. Seniors Brandon LaFell (LSU) and Marshawn Gilyard (Cincinnati) are lesser versions of Crabtree and Maclin, and the juniors - Bryant, Arrelious Benn (Illinois), and Damian Williams (USC) - all possess great potential.

    Receiver, safety, and defensive tackle should be stacked with draft talent next year. Of those three positions, however, I think the latter two are the ones with true elite players: Eric Berry at safety and Ndamukong Suh/Gerald McCoy at d-tackle.

    But we probably should get through this year's draft before we start pimping 2010 prospects.

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by Oldcrow1945
    #39

    Aloysius said:

    Dez Bryant is just one of five big time receivers that could be available in next year's draft. Seniors Brandon LaFell (LSU) and Marshawn Gilyard (Cincinnati) are lesser versions of Crabtree and Maclin, and the juniors - Bryant, Arrelious Benn (Illinois), and Damian Williams (USC) - all possess great potential.

    Receiver, safety, and defensive tackle should be stacked with draft talent next year. Of those three positions, however, I think the latter two are the ones with true elite players: Eric Berry at safety and Ndamukong Suh/Gerald McCoy at d-tackle.

    But we probably should get through this year's draft before we start pimping 2010 prospects.

    But this is the kind of thinking I like when it comes to Edwards and this entire rebuilding process.

    I think a lot of fans want so badly to win "now" that they get a little short sighted....I'm not blaming them for doing that....We all want to win now. But If you are in charge of any organization, your reponsibilty is not only the immediate well being of the organization but the future as well.

  • M mario wrote on last edited by
    #40

    There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability. I really doubt he is getting traded. Who is Quinn/Anderson/Sanchez going to throw to? Steptoe, Rucker, Crabtree? All are going to be virgins on the field except for Steptoe, who is a 4th, maybe 3rd string reciever.

    If you want to hit the home run, wait next year for Gilyard, he WILL be a Superstar in the NFL.. Crabtree is going to be a great #3 reciever, solid #2, nobody's Number 1. He is not worth a 5th pick, but would be a great 2nd round pickup. Just because it is an extremely WEAK NFL draft, doesn't mean you should spend a high pick on an average reciever who only gained popularity due to one Special Teams play TD.

  • D damajuki wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I get the argument for keeping Braylon (Cowherd was ripping Cleveland fans this morning for wanting to trade BE because we have no one else to play WR and his argument was, well, we have no one else to play WR) but it just doesn't make sense for our current situation.

    We are in Browns Rebuild 4.0 and we need picks and as Pluto quoted the Browns' FO saying "football players", intelligent football guys who want to be true professionals. BE does not fit that profile and given that he is an FA next year and we're not paying him and he's not interested in staying, he's gotta go if we have a decent offer.

    Add to that the fact that big-time WRs are inherently hood ornaments for solid teams, not foundational pieces that build teams, and it makes even less sense to keep BE if there's a decent offer.

    Which brings us to: there has to be a decent offer. I think the Giants 1 and 3 and a player or lower/future draft pick is reasonable given that the 1 and 3 are both lower picks.

    Barring something along those lines, BE is worth keeping to help keep our mystery starting QB alive.

    But I'd much rather have a rookie RB and C doing that job instead of BE, if I get a choice.

  • E EERSandBROWNS wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I agree mainly with shep on the needs of those next 4 picks. I would have to think about a safety and another WR though. A WR probably later in the draft you can pick up someone at least halfway decent. But, at safety I think we may take one with one of our 2nd's. It just seems to me, while you might not be able to get a decent feel on WHO we like, you can get a pretty good feel about WHAT we like. We seem to be bringing in every center and safety available.

    I would be surprised if after next weekend 2 of these guys weren't Browns.....Mack, Wood, Caldwell, Chung, Moore, Mitchell, Delmas

    It just seems like we are really bringing in the centers and safeties. Of course, I really have no idea what the hell the team is doing, so maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

  • medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Hey the way I see it is our Browns stunk last year, far more than anyone player. Lets give Braylon another shot!

  • There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability. I really doubt he is getting traded. Who is Quinn/Anderson/Sanchez going to throw to? Steptoe, Rucker, Crabtree? All are going to be virgins on the field except for Steptoe, who is a 4th, maybe 3rd string reciever.

    If you want to hit the home run, wait next year for Gilyard, he WILL be a Superstar in the NFL.. Crabtree is going to be a great #3 reciever, solid #2, nobody's Number 1. He is not worth a 5th pick, but would be a great 2nd round pickup. Just because it is an extremely WEAK NFL draft, doesn't mean you should spend a high pick on an average reciever who only gained popularity due to one Special Teams play TD.

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @mario said:

    There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability.

    I'm not sure many scouts would agree with you. Guys like Mayhock are absolutely in love with Crabtree. My guess is Mayhock would take Crabtree in athletic ability and any other catagory.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by Mr. T
    #45

    I dont think Braylon will sign a new contract next season, he will be off for the big money. We might as well trade his ass and get something for having to put up with all of his dropped balls.

    3d452de63e4d28008d23d53e202882d6.jpg

  • There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability. I really doubt he is getting traded. Who is Quinn/Anderson/Sanchez going to throw to? Steptoe, Rucker, Crabtree? All are going to be virgins on the field except for Steptoe, who is a 4th, maybe 3rd string reciever.

    If you want to hit the home run, wait next year for Gilyard, he WILL be a Superstar in the NFL.. Crabtree is going to be a great #3 reciever, solid #2, nobody's Number 1. He is not worth a 5th pick, but would be a great 2nd round pickup. Just because it is an extremely WEAK NFL draft, doesn't mean you should spend a high pick on an average reciever who only gained popularity due to one Special Teams play TD.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mario said:

    There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability. I really doubt he is getting traded. Who is Quinn/Anderson/Sanchez going to throw to? Steptoe, Rucker, Crabtree? All are going to be virgins on the field except for Steptoe, who is a 4th, maybe 3rd string reciever.

    If you want to hit the home run, wait next year for Gilyard, he WILL be a Superstar in the NFL.. Crabtree is going to be a great #3 reciever, solid #2, nobody's Number 1. He is not worth a 5th pick, but would be a great 2nd round pickup. Just because it is an extremely WEAK NFL draft, doesn't mean you should spend a high pick on an average reciever who only gained popularity due to one Special Teams play TD.

    I don't care if we trade Edwards or not. He's a prima donna, who looks to blame everyone but himself for his poor season and lack of concentration.

    But, I disagree about Crabtree. He would be a #1 and not just with the Browns. There is a reason he is ranked #1 or #2 overall in most draft ratings. He is an impact player, a difference maker.

    While your WR senerio is pretty pathetic, it would look more like this. Crabtree, Hixon, Patton, Cribbs and Heiden/Royal.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @shepwrite said:

    Too much heat on this to be purely media manufactured. I think they'll come to an agreement, but the Browns REALLY need to hold firm on the 1 and 3 because they're both low. I hope we can move Anderson instead of Quinn, but the brass seems serious about moving the guy with the most value and that guy is Quinn.

    Which is a Retarded way to choose... so let's hope it's being overstated.

    Good stuff as always Shep! If they draft 29th overall - we should get their #1 and Hixon or their #1 and a #3 like you say for Edwards. Sounds obvious Edwards doesn't want to be here anyway.

    Last year before the Browns came to Tennessee, there were only 3 different Browns' jersey available in all the stores. They were #17, #80 and #10. I bought 2 of them and currently these are the ONLY 3 players on our roster the rest of the league are considering as exchange value.

    The thing we have to remember about the new brass is they came to a roster where there was NO right side of an oline to speak of. The Center was deemed too old in Philly 3 years ago, which says serviceable perhaps but Father Time has never been kind to the Browns. Our LBing corps needed depth and better competition for starting jobs. The dline needs depth for the rotation. While we might have improved the BLOCKING part of the TE position, we STILL need to replace a ton of receptions and yardage in our game plans. That's geting us 2 picks and not bad considering the wear and tear on Winslow's boy - 1 more surgery and he's running like Bubba. Stallworth means lost starter. Lewis looked shot last year.

    There's alot to do and depth at LBer was already addressed some. The Right side of the oline has been addressed for this year. We've added Patton's experience to our WR Corps but he wasn't healthy in 08 so I'm, not sure what's left there. I'm guessing we didn't have to break the bank to get him or we would be looking at Torry Holt instead. I've been wrong before though.

    Just remember: 365 days ago NOBODY on this planet would have predicted the offseason roster shakeups to have 2 of the most chaotic franchises in Atlanta & Miami ready for playoff runs. I'd LOVE the same kind of thing here.

    - Tom F.

  • P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
    #48

    I feel all Edwards needs is a solid #2 WR. His year he produced Jurivicius stepped up to be a solid #2. Obviously Jurivicious was hurt last year and Stallworth was a bum who really did nothing. I know theres no reason for his drops but he did look good before getting hurt in the preseason. After that injury he just seemed to try and catch up. Get him a solid #2 and Keep edwards and i assure you edwards will put up solid numbers or ill eat crow.

  • @mario said:

    There is no WR in this draft that could hold Edwards jock strap when it comes to athletic ability. I really doubt he is getting traded. Who is Quinn/Anderson/Sanchez going to throw to? Steptoe, Rucker, Crabtree? All are going to be virgins on the field except for Steptoe, who is a 4th, maybe 3rd string reciever.

    If you want to hit the home run, wait next year for Gilyard, he WILL be a Superstar in the NFL.. Crabtree is going to be a great #3 reciever, solid #2, nobody's Number 1. He is not worth a 5th pick, but would be a great 2nd round pickup. Just because it is an extremely WEAK NFL draft, doesn't mean you should spend a high pick on an average reciever who only gained popularity due to one Special Teams play TD.

    I don't care if we trade Edwards or not. He's a prima donna, who looks to blame everyone but himself for his poor season and lack of concentration.

    But, I disagree about Crabtree. He would be a #1 and not just with the Browns. There is a reason he is ranked #1 or #2 overall in most draft ratings. He is an impact player, a difference maker.

    While your WR senerio is pretty pathetic, it would look more like this. Crabtree, Hixon, Patton, Cribbs and Heiden/Royal.

    chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    There is a reason he is ranked #1 or #2 overall in most draft ratings. He is an impact player, a difference maker.

    wasn't braylon ranked #1? we took him at 3......lets not just assume the same.