Skip to content

Hue Announces RG3 is the Starter

The Browns Board
55 25 2.4k
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

  • RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @jiggins7919 said:

    RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

    He slid and threw the ball away during the scrimmage. I thought that was different for RG3. He wasn't trying to be a hero and get pummeled.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #48

    Coleman and hawkins out for first preseason game. Browns will score -0 points.

  • Coleman and hawkins out for first preseason game. Browns will score -0 points.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by LogicIsForSquares
    #49

    @miktoxic said:

    Coleman and hawkins out for first preseason game. Browns will score -0 points.

    RG3 will pass for 400 yards and rush for 100 on their way to an 80-0 preseason victory.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #50

    Six pack says they don't score more than 70.

  • Six pack says they don't score more than 70.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @miktoxic said:

    Six pack says they don't score more than 70.

    Seems fair.

  • RG3 will be fine.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @d-bone said:

    RG3 will be fine.

    After 2 years of ManHell, RG3 just being Fine is a good thing 🙂. McC gave up his reps for the organization. The organization gave 3 the keys. Now It's on RG3 just to play smart football..

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

    He slid and threw the ball away during the scrimmage. I thought that was different for RG3. He wasn't trying to be a hero and get pummeled.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @logicisforsquares said:

    He slid and threw the ball away during the scrimmage. I thought that was different for RG3. He wasn't trying to be a hero and get pummeled.

    That's a great point, too. Listen, I'm not saying RG III is going to throw for 4000 yards with 34 TD's and 10 picks, I'm not saying that at all. But I definitely think he has a chance to stabilize our QB position, and let's not understate the vast importance of that! We all know that much has to happen before we anoint him as the damn QB savior of the Browns, but it sounds like he's doing it all right so far.

    I don't want people to place a whole lot of importance in this first or even second preseason game. The third preseason game will tell us a lot, and we'll have a good idea of what he can do. NFL coaches don't traditionally showcase a whole lot, and it will be pretty vanilla. I expect us to show even LESS than other teams because our offense will probably be some kind of a mix of traditional pocket passing and read-option. Yes, I expect several aspects of the read-option to play a significant role in what we do this year. Hue likes to get the ball out quickly, and if he can simplify the reads for RG III, we might make some noise.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #54

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tour2ma said:

    I'm confused....Was Iverson hinting about "...talking 'bout PRACTICE"? LMAO

    Mike