Bosa
-
he wants everything up front cuz he knows either
1): he's gonna lay down or 2): he's gonna bust worse that mandarich.
he wants everything up front cuz he knows either
1): he's gonna lay down or 2): he's gonna bust worse that mandarich.
U watched ohio st play while he was there right? So you saw that he didnt rely solely on his strength to get to the qb, right? Could you give the kid some credit for having an advanced skillset that was considered nfl quality before he even declared? I mean we just cut a guy that we made millions to for 4 years that doesnt have a fraction of bosa's pass rush toolset.
-
What does the likely crop of edge rushers look like for 2017? Will Joey's draft status actually be hurt that much?
After scanning a couple sites, it looks like TAMU's Miles Garrett is about it for the consensus 1st round as of now.
PFF does additionally mention a Tennessee kid, Derek Barnett.
Rivals mentions both and adds a couple more... in one of the more confusingly laid out articles I've seen in a long time.
After scanning a couple sites, it looks like TAMU's Miles Garrett is about it for the consensus 1st round as of now.
PFF does additionally mention a Tennessee kid, Derek Barnett.
Rivals mentions both and adds a couple more... in one of the more confusingly laid out articles I've seen in a long time.
He's the only one I know of right now. I figured I'd give it at least two weeks into the NFL regular season before I started getting excited for the draft. What can I say...Hue and RG3 are making me a little more optimistic than years past.
-
He has signed his deal
-
signed
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joey-bosa-ends-ugly-stalemate-with-chargers-signs-four-year-deal/
Maybe now the thread should be closed.
It seems that the Chargers got the offset language, but Bosa got the upfront bonus.
-
Damn, oh well
-
Maybe he had a little talk with Michael Crabtree.
-
Tell you what Gipper you can ride that train forever. If asshole behavior doesn't bother you that's your choice pal.
He can hold out and wait for next year's draft for all I give a shit.
I also don't give a shit if the Chargers pay him a king's ransom and he sucks.
(or goes to the hall of fame for that matter)
WSS
We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.
The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?
We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.
The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?
Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.
Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.
Like my boy Brady Quinn.
WSS
-
We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.
The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?
Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.
Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.
Like my boy Brady Quinn.
WSS
Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.
Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.
Like my boy Brady Quinn.
WSS
If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.
Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).
And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.
So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)
-
Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.
Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.
Like my boy Brady Quinn.
WSS
If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.
Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).
And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.
So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)
If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.
Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).
And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.
So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)
I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.
-
Sure but it really depends on how much and what kind of an asshole.
Anyway he sign his deal and if I was a Chargers fan expect him to play up to it and be pissed off he didn't.
Like my boy Brady Quinn.
WSS
If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.
Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).
And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.
So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it.
For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.
-
If Bosa has a Brady Quinn like career, then 99.99999% of us don't know shit about football.
Though to be fair....but hopefully not prescient, Bosa's father was the #16 overall pick in the draft in 1987.....and was really a bust (played only 3 below mediocre years).
And his uncle is Eric Kumerow....from OSU....also the #16 overall pick in the draft in the 90s......also a bust.
So, the family tradition is to be drafted high and play poorly.
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it. (If he had been drafted by the Browns his busting out would have likely been a certainty.)
I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.
I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.
You mean if he had gone back into the draft....where would he have landed next year?
We don't have to find out.
Besides....the answer to who thinks Bosa is worthy of being the #3 pick. Everyone....because he WAS the #3 pick.
The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.
-
I don't think that will happen with Bosa.....but I wouldn't discount it.
For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.
For some reason the term "hedge fund" springs to mind.
Nothing is for certain until it happens. So, check this out: here is the list of the #3 overall picks from 2005 to 2015. Tell me which ones you think lived up to the pick and which ones didn't:
2005 Braylon Edwards
2006 Vince Young
2007 Joe Thomas
2008 Matt Ryan
2009 Tyson Jackson
2010 Gerald McCoy
2011 Marcell Dareus
2012 Trent Richardson
2013 Dion Jordan
2014 Blake Bortles
2015 Dante Fowler.
-
I think you're severely overestimating the percentage of people who believe Bosa will be worth the #3 pick.
You mean if he had gone back into the draft....where would he have landed next year?
We don't have to find out.
Besides....the answer to who thinks Bosa is worthy of being the #3 pick. Everyone....because he WAS the #3 pick.
The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.
The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.
Wait... What???
-
The question is not if he is worthy of the pick.....the question is will he live up to that pick.
Wait... What???
Wait... What???
Simple.....all pundits/evaluators say that Bosa had the talent and the college record that warranted him being taken #3 overall.
But then, so, apparently did all those guys that I listed above that were taken with the #3 pick. But how many of them have produced up to that projected level I would say fewer than half. Certainly, since the Browns had like 3 of those 10 choices it didn't work out for them 2 out of 3 times. Braylon...no. JT...yes. TR....no.
But no one knew that going in. We have to wait like 5 years to determine.
-
Bosa is ordinary
Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.
Kids the real deal.
-
Based on college performance bosa coyld have gone #1 easily. Doesnt mean he cant flame out but what else fo we have to go on? Dude was reknowned for working on his skills as much as the physical preperation in the weight room.
-
Bosa is ordinary
Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.
Kids the real deal.
Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.
Kids the real deal.
He ain't ready. He might be in great shape but he isn't in football shape.
-
Not in college he wasnt. And people who watched his first couple practices with the chargers say physically he's ready. So that means young joey didnt sit at home listening to his techno. Dude was out preparing so he's hit the ground running. Theres a maturity there. Other guys in that situation partied during their time off and it took longer to get them up.
Kids the real deal.
He ain't ready. He might be in great shape but he isn't in football shape.
-
Remember too daddy was a first round draft pick so he knows what's at stake and the good blood lines PLUS he played at the OSU so he's no stranger to big time football.But of just about anyone out there, he will get ready in about as short a time as anyone. He's got a game tonight, no?
Question is between the ears and knocking the rust off. (and hope he's no Maronivich or Leaf and just doesn't want to do it, it happens)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login