Skip to content

Bosa

The Browns Board
147 35 4.9k
  • Was thinking about that this morning. If we really think he's the one guy who puts us in the playoffs this year I throw in a #1 and hope we have 1978 redux. Turn 2016 into our influx of Clay Matthews and Ozzie to our lineup.

    Question is does he catapult us into the playoffs?

    And how can we package and/or parlay the two #1's in the draft?

  • Was thinking about that this morning. If we really think he's the one guy who puts us in the playoffs this year I throw in a #1 and hope we have 1978 redux. Turn 2016 into our influx of Clay Matthews and Ozzie to our lineup.

    Question is does he catapult us into the playoffs?

    And how can we package and/or parlay the two #1's in the draft?

    @alporcini said:

    Was thinking about that this morning. If we really think he's the one guy who puts us in the playoffs this year I throw in a #1 and hope we have 1978 redux. Turn 2016 into our influx of Clay Matthews and Ozzie to our lineup.

    Question is does he catapult us into the playoffs?

    And how can we package and/or parlay the two #1's in the draft?

    Ghoolie's love child?

  • We should definitely go out of our way to buy up a malcontent with a high pick.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    We should definitely go out of our way to buy up a malcontent with a high pick.

    ^ ^

    This.

    Bosa is acting like a prima donna, no thanks.

  • Times a tickin and we got the $$$. Throw in a pick and POW! He a Brown!

    One Post From the Truth said:

    Times a tickin and we got the $$$. Throwing up if we go after this Clown.

    ^ Fixed.

    Short attention span? Bosa said he didn't want to go to the Browns. The Chargers aren't kissing his ass- and neither would the Browns. & what happens if Griffin flames out? There goes our chance at a top qb. I'll admit offering the lower of our two first round picks is- shall we say- interesting.

  • Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

  • This isn't a situation of Bosa not wanting to play for the chargers or how much they are willing to pay him. It is about the payment of his bonus and how they schedule that payment. The chargers want to spread it out evenly throughout his contract and Bosa wants it all right now.

    It might not seem like a huge deal if he takes it or spreads it out but if he gets it all right now he can invest it and grow that 17 million faster. 4 million now at 3% interest (he can make more than this) is 120k. 17 million would get him 510k in interest in the first year.

    In the end the chargers will cave more than Bosa to get this done. They won't give up on their 1st round pick over this. They will pay him and go to the next CBA looking to change the scheduling of rookie bonuses.

  • Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    This. The offset language or the bonus being paid out are standards in any rookie top 5 contract across the NFL. The Bolts are fucking this up big time.

    No other team in the NFL does this. Joey (and any rookie pick after him) aren't going to be strong armed.

  • Well, if they would do a trade....for whatever, and the contract language can be worked out with the Browns, I would do it. Sure, one of our first round picks next year would be required.

    So....you are saying that this policy of paying the bonus spread out over the years is basically a tactic used ONLY by the Chargers? and not by other teams including the Browns?

  • I'm thinkin forget it. Bosa doesn't seem, to me, to be a fit. The Browns are building an

    UPBEAT TEAM, and Bosa, while talented, is more a loner, more about himself, sulking

    type. and, I don't see his skills as being all that outstanding. He can play... when he

    wants to?

    Nah. The Browns are building an outstanding lockerroom - adding prima donna drama seems dumb.

  • Loved joey as a buckeye but I'm dissapointed in him now. Can't say I'm eager to bring that kind of attitude to the team.

  • I'd offer Phillys first rounder and a 3rd rounder. This guy is a tremendous talent who is smart and works his tail off. This will be a small blip that nobody will remember in two years.

  • Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    Yup, yup and yup....

    Bosa is not asking for anything every 2nd and 3rd overall pick has gotten since the current CBA...

    SD is simply striking a posture they have struck with every pick they've made since the current CBA. Prior to Bosa their highest pick was at #11 overall.

    In the end SD will cave...

  • Loved joey as a buckeye but I'm dissapointed in him now. Can't say I'm eager to bring that kind of attitude to the team.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Loved joey as a buckeye but I'm dissapointed in him now. Can't say I'm eager to bring that kind of attitude to the team.

    Well, you also have to consider that it is his agent that is driving the bus on this holdout. As others have noted, the Chargers apparently take a position on the money contrary to what other teams take, and that has fueled a duel perhaps between agent and SD FO. A stare down contest to see who blinks first.

    While it doesn't help, I don't think an instinctual player like Bosa will be missing a lot if he misses a few days...or a week of training camp.

  • Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

  • Sure why not. First rounders are hit or miss anyways.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    Money up front is one of two acceptable options from Bosa's perspective.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    Kind of, but not really.

    Bosa wants the same contract that every single player has gotten at the #3 pick since the new CBA, and the Chargers are refusing to give in. He either wants his bonus money up front, OR he wants offset language removed from his contract. Whatever he chooses to do with his money is his choice, but the fact of the matter is - why should he have to take a lesser contract than any other #3 pick has?

    The Chargers are simply being the Chargers - a shittily run organization of penny-pinching half-wits. I'm no Bosa apologist by any means, I don't believe he's all that good. But dude isn't asking for anything other than the status quo.

  • Nothing I read in this thread surprised me.

  • Awesome... we worry about stuff like that...

  • Joe thomas and bosa playing on same team would send ghoulie into dab heaven.