Skip to content

Bosa

The Browns Board
147 35 4.9k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Judging by the reactions on this board, I'm assuming none of you have actually bothered to do any sort of research into this situation at all.

    Also...no, I don't want Bosa. Didn't want him then, don't want him now.

    But he's far from being in the wrong whatsoever. The Chargers are a joke of an organization and are fucking themselves over yet again.

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah TC, I know exactly what the holdup is. The bonus money is guaranteed, in his case $17 million. Looks like Joey wants to buy an oceanfront mansion and a couple Lamborghinis NOW, not in a couple years. You'd think the Chargers would want to make their top pick happy.

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/draft/

    Kind of, but not really.

    Bosa wants the same contract that every single player has gotten at the #3 pick since the new CBA, and the Chargers are refusing to give in. He either wants his bonus money up front, OR he wants offset language removed from his contract. Whatever he chooses to do with his money is his choice, but the fact of the matter is - why should he have to take a lesser contract than any other #3 pick has?

    The Chargers are simply being the Chargers - a shittily run organization of penny-pinching half-wits. I'm no Bosa apologist by any means, I don't believe he's all that good. But dude isn't asking for anything other than the status quo.

  • Nothing I read in this thread surprised me.

  • Awesome... we worry about stuff like that...

  • Joe thomas and bosa playing on same team would send ghoulie into dab heaven.

  • Nothing I read in this thread surprised me.

    @mike-h said:

    Nothing I read in this thread surprised me.

    better of spinning yarn?

  • I give this trade about a .0001% chance in hell of happening. It would go against virtually all of our new management principles, and I get the feeling that we're stockpiling picks to be in the running for a QB next year just in case RG III doesn't pan out like we hope. I believe we'll need all of the picks PLUS some if we're going to move up as far as I think we'll need to, and even then, there is NO guarantee that we can get the QB we want...no matter how many picks we have. If Deshawn Watson has as good of a year as I think he will, and a team that is in desperate need of a QB is sitting at one...there's a zero percent chance a trade will happen.

    Still, if a team like the Titans this year (who had their QB) gets the first pick, it would be an arms race to move up, and we'll need as many picks as one can muster to secure the trade up. Now, will there be other QB's to draft next year? Of course, and maybe a guy will come out of nowhere to knock off Watson as the number 1 choice...but I doubt it.

    Now that we have all of the LOGIC out of the way, I would be remiss to think that this trade for Bosa wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen to our team in quite some time. I mean, can you imagine getting one of the top rated pass rushers on our team to play with Nassib, Ogbah, Bryant, and Kruger? Oh, and the fact that he played at OSU makes it THAT much more of a dream for many fans.

    If what I read about Bosa's situation is true, then I don't understand why the Chargers are being dicks. Why should Bosa accept less than other people? I don't get it. And I wish Bosa's mother would just keep out of it.

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal...I don't remember...but I don't recall him WANTING to come here, and who can blame the guy.

    Still...even I have to admit it would send shockwaves through our team and fan base.

  • I give this trade about a .0001% chance in hell of happening. It would go against virtually all of our new management principles, and I get the feeling that we're stockpiling picks to be in the running for a QB next year just in case RG III doesn't pan out like we hope. I believe we'll need all of the picks PLUS some if we're going to move up as far as I think we'll need to, and even then, there is NO guarantee that we can get the QB we want...no matter how many picks we have. If Deshawn Watson has as good of a year as I think he will, and a team that is in desperate need of a QB is sitting at one...there's a zero percent chance a trade will happen.

    Still, if a team like the Titans this year (who had their QB) gets the first pick, it would be an arms race to move up, and we'll need as many picks as one can muster to secure the trade up. Now, will there be other QB's to draft next year? Of course, and maybe a guy will come out of nowhere to knock off Watson as the number 1 choice...but I doubt it.

    Now that we have all of the LOGIC out of the way, I would be remiss to think that this trade for Bosa wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen to our team in quite some time. I mean, can you imagine getting one of the top rated pass rushers on our team to play with Nassib, Ogbah, Bryant, and Kruger? Oh, and the fact that he played at OSU makes it THAT much more of a dream for many fans.

    If what I read about Bosa's situation is true, then I don't understand why the Chargers are being dicks. Why should Bosa accept less than other people? I don't get it. And I wish Bosa's mother would just keep out of it.

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal...I don't remember...but I don't recall him WANTING to come here, and who can blame the guy.

    Still...even I have to admit it would send shockwaves through our team and fan base.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I give this trade about a .0001% chance in hell of happening.

    You were unnecessarily optimistic given that a trade deadline passed yesterday afternoon.

  • LOL. Funny.

  • I give this trade about a .0001% chance in hell of happening. It would go against virtually all of our new management principles, and I get the feeling that we're stockpiling picks to be in the running for a QB next year just in case RG III doesn't pan out like we hope. I believe we'll need all of the picks PLUS some if we're going to move up as far as I think we'll need to, and even then, there is NO guarantee that we can get the QB we want...no matter how many picks we have. If Deshawn Watson has as good of a year as I think he will, and a team that is in desperate need of a QB is sitting at one...there's a zero percent chance a trade will happen.

    Still, if a team like the Titans this year (who had their QB) gets the first pick, it would be an arms race to move up, and we'll need as many picks as one can muster to secure the trade up. Now, will there be other QB's to draft next year? Of course, and maybe a guy will come out of nowhere to knock off Watson as the number 1 choice...but I doubt it.

    Now that we have all of the LOGIC out of the way, I would be remiss to think that this trade for Bosa wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen to our team in quite some time. I mean, can you imagine getting one of the top rated pass rushers on our team to play with Nassib, Ogbah, Bryant, and Kruger? Oh, and the fact that he played at OSU makes it THAT much more of a dream for many fans.

    If what I read about Bosa's situation is true, then I don't understand why the Chargers are being dicks. Why should Bosa accept less than other people? I don't get it. And I wish Bosa's mother would just keep out of it.

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal...I don't remember...but I don't recall him WANTING to come here, and who can blame the guy.

    Still...even I have to admit it would send shockwaves through our team and fan base.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago.

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago.

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    @canton-dawg said:

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    this

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago.

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    @canton-dawg said:

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    I can't disagree with you either.

    Good to great athleticism coupled with negative attitude=failure. Trade is out of the picture & I have no complaints.

    Mike

  • Does he really deserve a whole bag?

  • Does he really deserve a whole bag?

    @tour2ma said:

    Does he really deserve a whole bag?

  • He could share a bag with Manziel.

  • I give this trade about a .0001% chance in hell of happening. It would go against virtually all of our new management principles, and I get the feeling that we're stockpiling picks to be in the running for a QB next year just in case RG III doesn't pan out like we hope. I believe we'll need all of the picks PLUS some if we're going to move up as far as I think we'll need to, and even then, there is NO guarantee that we can get the QB we want...no matter how many picks we have. If Deshawn Watson has as good of a year as I think he will, and a team that is in desperate need of a QB is sitting at one...there's a zero percent chance a trade will happen.

    Still, if a team like the Titans this year (who had their QB) gets the first pick, it would be an arms race to move up, and we'll need as many picks as one can muster to secure the trade up. Now, will there be other QB's to draft next year? Of course, and maybe a guy will come out of nowhere to knock off Watson as the number 1 choice...but I doubt it.

    Now that we have all of the LOGIC out of the way, I would be remiss to think that this trade for Bosa wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen to our team in quite some time. I mean, can you imagine getting one of the top rated pass rushers on our team to play with Nassib, Ogbah, Bryant, and Kruger? Oh, and the fact that he played at OSU makes it THAT much more of a dream for many fans.

    If what I read about Bosa's situation is true, then I don't understand why the Chargers are being dicks. Why should Bosa accept less than other people? I don't get it. And I wish Bosa's mother would just keep out of it.

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal...I don't remember...but I don't recall him WANTING to come here, and who can blame the guy.

    Still...even I have to admit it would send shockwaves through our team and fan base.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I mean, can you imagine getting one of the top rated pass rushers on our team to play with Nassib, Ogbah, Bryant, and Kruger?

    don't sleep on Orchard, who i suspect will be our best pass rusher this year.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Perhaps I'd feel better about the potential for trading for the guy if he REALLY wanted to play for us, but I remember him saying something negative about our franchise months ago.

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    @canton-dawg said:

    It all starts with attitude, and Bosa has a bad one when it comes to Cleveland.

    He acts like he's too good for the Browns, and the prick hasn't even taken a single snap as a pro.

    He can eat a bag of dicks.

    Ha!.....my exact feelings from day one.....Absolutely did NOT want to draft this guy....he wont suck, but he's no Watt either.....

    He's always seemed full of himself(maybe cause he ate a bag of dicks)

  • joey bag of doughnut dicks.

  • His Mother says she wishes there would have been a trade like the Eli Manning- Philip Rivers trade. Hahahaha