Skip to content

Bosa

The Browns Board
147 35 4.9k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #79

    and again.....

    another thread about trade or get someone (garropollo) off the back end when the browns had the cards to draft the person in the first place.

    don't like it? take it up with your FO.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Bosa is in the wrong! The time to bitch for money is after the rookie contract. Isn't 17 million guaranteed what they were offering? After the league changed the salary structures for unproven rookies I thought we were done with Prima Dona's! He stinks!

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We cannot trade for him.

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    Cuz he's a rookie draft pick. The deadline for trading unsigned rookies was Aug 9th.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    We go up against Noah Spence in Pre-season, a player we could have drafted. The Browns should have drafted Elliot, Spence and Prescott because all three would have made the team better right away. Bosa won't play for the Chargers and his mother let the cat of the bag when she went public with the "we should have demanded a trade" statement. I don't think it's about money with Bosa, I think he hates The Chargers.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Spence did not fit the profile of the type of player the Browns want to build a team with.

    Bosa, about the same boat. Not a fit.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We cannot trade for him.

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    @tour2ma said:

    Aug. 9: If a drafted rookie has not signed with his club by this date, he cannot be traded to any other club in 2016, and may sign a player contract only with the drafting club until the day of the Draft in the 2017 League Year.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/key-nfl-dates-for-2016-17-roster-cutdowns-to-53-players-is-sept-3/

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #85

    All I know is... I don't want Bosa anywhere near the Browns.. If he's acting this greedy now.. What if he has a good start to his career and blossoms.. This is nothing compared to the hostage crisis He'll put the browns through on Re-negotiating a new contract.. Especially if he hires the likes of Scott Boras or Drew Rosenhaus.. No thanks.. Pass...

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #86

    He's not greedy, period dot.

    Bosa has already agreed to the terms of EVERY OTHER first-round pick. He's demanding to be treated equally.

    Ever been passed over for a pay raise that a co-worker got - and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them? Did you happily accept lower compensation because of course employers are always beneficent, or did you demand that raise?

  • He's not greedy, period dot.

    Bosa has already agreed to the terms of EVERY OTHER first-round pick. He's demanding to be treated equally.

    Ever been passed over for a pay raise that a co-worker got - and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them? Did you happily accept lower compensation because of course employers are always beneficent, or did you demand that raise?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @unsympathetic said:

    and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them?

    Bosa hasn't demonstrated shit.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #88

    SD stated they were delighted with what they saw from Bosa OTAs... confirmed what they saw of him at THE Ohio State U. So he showed that much.

    I am with those that do not see greed here... at least not on Bosa's part.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    If Bosa would sign here, I'd definitely make that trade. Could be a difference maker right where we need it.

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @the-gipper said:

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We cannot trade for him.

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out
    #90

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    There's a deadline to trade the rights of non-signed players and that deadline has come and gone.
  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #91

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2016/08/18/joey-bosa-san-diego-chargers-holdout/88974824/

    Bosa didn't want to play for the Chargers. His mother said she wished they had done an Eli Manning.

    I don't believe he wanted to play for the Browns, either. Forget him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @westside-steve said:

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @the-gipper said:

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #94

    @westside-steve said:

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #95

    Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

  • Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @clevfan4life said:

    Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

    He won't come free until next years draft day.

  • @westside-steve said:

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #97

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @westside-steve said:

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    exactly.