Skip to content

Bosa

The Browns Board
147 35 4.9k
  • All I know is... I don't want Bosa anywhere near the Browns.. If he's acting this greedy now.. What if he has a good start to his career and blossoms.. This is nothing compared to the hostage crisis He'll put the browns through on Re-negotiating a new contract.. Especially if he hires the likes of Scott Boras or Drew Rosenhaus.. No thanks.. Pass...

  • He's not greedy, period dot.

    Bosa has already agreed to the terms of EVERY OTHER first-round pick. He's demanding to be treated equally.

    Ever been passed over for a pay raise that a co-worker got - and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them? Did you happily accept lower compensation because of course employers are always beneficent, or did you demand that raise?

  • He's not greedy, period dot.

    Bosa has already agreed to the terms of EVERY OTHER first-round pick. He's demanding to be treated equally.

    Ever been passed over for a pay raise that a co-worker got - and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them? Did you happily accept lower compensation because of course employers are always beneficent, or did you demand that raise?

    @unsympathetic said:

    and you've already demonstrated you're a better performer than them?

    Bosa hasn't demonstrated shit.

  • SD stated they were delighted with what they saw from Bosa OTAs... confirmed what they saw of him at THE Ohio State U. So he showed that much.

    I am with those that do not see greed here... at least not on Bosa's part.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    If Bosa would sign here, I'd definitely make that trade. Could be a difference maker right where we need it.

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    @the-gipper said:

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    We cannot trade for him.

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, why not? If I recall, at some point in time in the season a trade deadline occurs. Is trading closed for now, but reopened say when the season starts?

    There's a deadline to trade the rights of non-signed players and that deadline has come and gone.
  • http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2016/08/18/joey-bosa-san-diego-chargers-holdout/88974824/

    Bosa didn't want to play for the Chargers. His mother said she wished they had done an Eli Manning.

    I don't believe he wanted to play for the Browns, either. Forget him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    We have gotten rid of Mingo now.....we need a DE.

    Like I said, Bosa should just sign, get his bonus money, then say, fuck you....trade me now.

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well that's not exactly the attitude I love to have on the Browns.

    WSS

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    @the-gipper said:

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who cares about attitude. We need guys that can play.

    We are not asking these guys to join a mission group, we are asking them to join a football team.

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

  • Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

  • Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Lets drop this thread if/when he comes free. Right now its stupid to talk about it.

    He won't come free until next years draft day.

  • @westside-steve said:

    To answer your questions number one I do number 2 we have no idea whether he can play professional football or not.

    WSS

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    exactly.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, I do care what their attitude is toward playing football. I don't care if their attitude is "screw the other team that didn't take care of me"...if he is willing to play for the Browns.....and yes, play well for the Browns.

    Of course, the deal is that no one knows whether a person can really play Professional football or not.

    Look at the Browns first round picks since 2011:

    Phil TAylor

    Trent Richardson

    Brandon Weeden

    Barkevious Mingo

    Justin Gilbert

    Johnny Manziel

    Danny Shelton

    Cam Erving

    Except for Taylor who gave some good years, a pretty fair pile of crapola. Yes, we have hopes that Erving and Shelton perform up to their first round status....but that has yet to happen.

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    Don't know what Joey Bosa being an asshole has to do with him being a good football player. Half the good football players in the league are assholes. A lot of assholes have rings.

    And the locker room would not be an issue. This deal is all about money. Every other player's attitude toward every other player in their locker room is: "Get all the money you can get". Don't talk about/mess with my money and I won't mess with yours.

    NFL don't care about that BS.

  • @westside-steve said:

    No idea what this has to do with Joey Bosa being somewhat of an asshole. Sounds like a classic me first guy. Don't know what we might want to give up to get him here to stink up our locker room.

    WSS

    Don't know what Joey Bosa being an asshole has to do with him being a good football player. Half the good football players in the league are assholes. A lot of assholes have rings.

    And the locker room would not be an issue. This deal is all about money. Every other player's attitude toward every other player in their locker room is: "Get all the money you can get". Don't talk about/mess with my money and I won't mess with yours.

    NFL don't care about that BS.

    @the-gipper said:

    Don't know what Joey Bosa being an asshole has to do with him being a good football player. Half the good football players in the league are assholes. A lot of assholes have rings.

    And the locker room would not be an issue. This deal is all about money. Every other player's attitude toward every other player in their locker room is: "Get all the money you can get". Don't talk about/mess with my money and I won't mess with yours.

    NFL don't care about that BS.

    Only difference is in this case, he's never played a down in the NFL so he might be awesome or he might suck. No one knows and the fact that he's not going to be playing anytime soon because he wants $18 million now instead of $14.5 million right now makes him seem like a selfish asshole and it will be an issue in the locker room if/when he ever shows up to play.

  • Tell you what Gipper you can ride that train forever. If asshole behavior doesn't bother you that's your choice pal.

    He can hold out and wait for next year's draft for all I give a shit.

    I also don't give a shit if the Chargers pay him a king's ransom and he sucks.

    (or goes to the hall of fame for that matter)

    WSS

  • asswhole players tend to have to change teams... the lockerroom and/or fo/coaches can't

    put up with em forever.

    Better to get your locker room in order and your players all on the same page.

  • So on one hand we have a small group of people saying -

    A) Joey is asking for what every other 3rd overall pick since the CBA and after this year will receive across the league. NOT this 'in line with every other Chargers player' bullshit. Every 3rd overall pick.

    An opinion backed by many league analysts, observes, players, their Union and also the recent stingy ass history of the Chargers ownership.

    B ) This other group saying Joey is 'me only' and not a team player or an asshole for failing to sign a contract that NO other 3rd overall pick has previously agreed to.

    So.... that about right?

  • Tell you what Gipper you can ride that train forever. If asshole behavior doesn't bother you that's your choice pal.

    He can hold out and wait for next year's draft for all I give a shit.

    I also don't give a shit if the Chargers pay him a king's ransom and he sucks.

    (or goes to the hall of fame for that matter)

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Tell you what Gipper you can ride that train forever. If asshole behavior doesn't bother you that's your choice pal.

    He can hold out and wait for next year's draft for all I give a shit.

    I also don't give a shit if the Chargers pay him a king's ransom and he sucks.

    (or goes to the hall of fame for that matter)

    WSS

    We have had our share of assholes on the Browns, behaviorily. Honestly, as far as Browns players are concerned, I am only concerned that they play well.

    The better they play, the less of an asshole they are, fair to say?