Mangini 101
-
Mangini 101=Accountability
I hope.
-
He isn't without fault but he'll hopefully learn from mistakes past...
He holds everyone accountable.
He doesn't air the laundry in public
He doesn't weaken himself or his organization by gabbing in public
He has EXCEPTIONAL clock management skills. Case in point. Last year in the Raiders game...Favre turns the ball over while losing and time winding down. Half the coaches in this league will watch that game end. Judicious clock management resulted in the Jets getting the ball back and tying the game. You NEVER see Mangini waste time outs. You NEVER see him challenge inconsistently and I bet his win% is better than average.
He irritates some fans by not being animated on the sidelines but I've heard it from a source extremely close to him: You can' dress down a PRO football player in front of thousands and expect him to keep playing for you. Calm coaches make good decisions.
I don't think you'll be disappointed Cleveland.
-
@inspecta said:
Well I wouldn't expect him to get many kudos points for being calm on the sidelines here in Cleveland. I think that was one of the biggest pet peeves of the fanbase with RAC.But the thing with RAC is that he had this blank expressionless look on his face, he then backed up that "nobody's home" look with infuriating inaction stay the course crap that led to a 4-12 season.
At first, RAC 'n ROLLS didn't bother me too much looking like a dumbass but as time went on and the losses mounted up he started to piss me off.
I seem to remember Mangini showing disgust with DA........I mean Favre throwing away the playoffs on the sidelines, and I don't follow the queer Jets and their Queer New Yawk fans much.
I think Mangini is going to do just fine here, he's had his learning ground which is huge for us. The last thing we needed was another coordinator learning on the job.
-
@inspecta said:
Well I wouldn't expect him to get many kudos points for being calm on the sidelines here in Cleveland. I think that was one of the biggest pet peeves of the fanbase with RAC.But the thing with RAC is that he had this blank expressionless look on his face, he then backed up that "nobody's home" look with infuriating inaction stay the course crap that led to a 4-12 season.
At first, RAC 'n ROLLS didn't bother me too much looking like a dumbass but as time went on and the losses mounted up he started to piss me off.
I seem to remember Mangini showing disgust with DA........I mean Favre throwing away the playoffs on the sidelines, and I don't follow the queer Jets and their Queer New Yawk fans much.
I think Mangini is going to do just fine here, he's had his learning ground which is huge for us. The last thing we needed was another coordinator learning on the job.
-
I agree.
No doubt the guy is tight lipped, and the reason why there is a negative aura around him is because the media creates that. They don't like a coach who pretty much ignores them, and since our return the local media has had the keys to the complex.
They don't like it since the lock was changed and they didn't get a new key.
All that matters is if we take a step by step climb up the ladder and the players buy in and get the desired results.
I like a no nonsense coach. I couldn't care less if he is no fun to be around or he is never going to be president of the local "Toastmasters" chapter.
Just win, or at least look like a real NFL team.
I am tired of getting laughed at when I tell people I root for the Browns.
No doubt the guy is tight lipped, and the reason why there is a negative aura around him is because the media creates that. They don't like a coach who pretty much ignores them, and since our return the local media has had the keys to the complex.
They don't like it since the lock was changed and they didn't get a new key.
I think that the media doesn't like it when you make their jobs difficult. The Cleveland job (in particular) was very important to him because this is where it all started for him. His family is comfortable there since his brother-in-law is the GM of the Indians. The NY media needs everyone to lay down at their feet and when he wouldn't they set him up to fall. I'm not sure there wasn't a more egregious offender than Adam Schein (SNY, NFL network). He was badmouthing Mangini when they were still WINNING. The bottom line for me was Mangini beat Belichick in NE two out of three years including prime time last year when he outcoached him. He also followed that up by thumping Tennessee in Tennessee. That's not easy. Dude can coach. BTW, Wesleyan University doesn't just give out degrees. He's a smart cookie.
-
No doubt the guy is tight lipped, and the reason why there is a negative aura around him is because the media creates that. They don't like a coach who pretty much ignores them, and since our return the local media has had the keys to the complex.
They don't like it since the lock was changed and they didn't get a new key.
I think that the media doesn't like it when you make their jobs difficult. The Cleveland job (in particular) was very important to him because this is where it all started for him. His family is comfortable there since his brother-in-law is the GM of the Indians. The NY media needs everyone to lay down at their feet and when he wouldn't they set him up to fall. I'm not sure there wasn't a more egregious offender than Adam Schein (SNY, NFL network). He was badmouthing Mangini when they were still WINNING. The bottom line for me was Mangini beat Belichick in NE two out of three years including prime time last year when he outcoached him. He also followed that up by thumping Tennessee in Tennessee. That's not easy. Dude can coach. BTW, Wesleyan University doesn't just give out degrees. He's a smart cookie.
I think that the media doesn't like it when you make their jobs difficult. The Cleveland job (in particular) was very important to him because this is where it all started for him. His family is comfortable there since his brother-in-law is the GM of the Indians. The NY media needs everyone to lay down at their feet and when he wouldn't they set him up to fall. I'm not sure there wasn't a more egregious offender than Adam Schein (SNY, NFL network). He was badmouthing Mangini when they were still WINNING. The bottom line for me was Mangini beat Belichick in NE two out of three years including prime time last year when he outcoached him. He also followed that up by thumping Tennessee in Tennessee. That's not easy. Dude can coach. BTW, Wesleyan University doesn't just give out degrees. He's a smart cookie.
I was extremely unhappy when they hired him. I wanted Jim Schwartz. But I respect the things he's done so far. I like him removing the painting from the wall and keeping the media in the dark. Good for him.
I hope he rides that fine line of being a hard ass and getting the players respect without having them hate him. Ala, Wayne Woodrow Hayes.
Post like yours makes me feel even better about him.
-
I think that the media doesn't like it when you make their jobs difficult. The Cleveland job (in particular) was very important to him because this is where it all started for him. His family is comfortable there since his brother-in-law is the GM of the Indians. The NY media needs everyone to lay down at their feet and when he wouldn't they set him up to fall. I'm not sure there wasn't a more egregious offender than Adam Schein (SNY, NFL network). He was badmouthing Mangini when they were still WINNING. The bottom line for me was Mangini beat Belichick in NE two out of three years including prime time last year when he outcoached him. He also followed that up by thumping Tennessee in Tennessee. That's not easy. Dude can coach. BTW, Wesleyan University doesn't just give out degrees. He's a smart cookie.
I was extremely unhappy when they hired him. I wanted Jim Schwartz. But I respect the things he's done so far. I like him removing the painting from the wall and keeping the media in the dark. Good for him.
I hope he rides that fine line of being a hard ass and getting the players respect without having them hate him. Ala, Wayne Woodrow Hayes.
Post like yours makes me feel even better about him.
I was extremely unhappy when they hired him. I wanted Jim Schwartz. But I respect the things he's done so far. I like him removing the painting from the wall and keeping the media in the dark. Good for him.
I hope he rides that fine line of being a hard ass and getting the players respect without having them hate him. Ala, Wayne Woodrow Hayes.
Post like yours makes me feel even better about him.
Point of Order............ please. People make it like he painted over the painting or got rid of it. Like he distroyed a national landmark. He just moved to to the main entrance so people coming in could see it.
-
Sorry to dig up an old thread. I never imagined finding pics of the Brown's staff from 1995 would be so difficult.
At any rate, this story: http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2009/01/b...es_records.html
Has a pic of a young Mangini on his Browns ID card. The story is also a decent read.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login