Skip to content

Cardinals Willing to Trade Boldin

The Browns Board
31 11 2.0k
  • @letmedowns said:

    I am new here

    Welcome!

    Are you the same Liftmeups that posted on the ABJ boards a few years back?

    -Al

    @geech said:

    Welcome!

    Are you the same Liftmeups that posted on the ABJ boards a few years back?

    -Al

    Yes sir.

    I see that you are still trucking along.

  • @sez.ej said:

    I kind of hope it decreases the value..we keep him and re-sign him and let him score 15 td's a year for us instead of NY or Philli. I have no idea if we have made him an offer? I have not heard that we have even tried (which is stupid)... but UNLESS he absolutely refuses to resign with us.. trading this guy is absolute madness. We already have no #2, # 3 or# 4 wide recievers. (david patten? steptoe? yeah right...) we have a couple of #5's and a few guys that could not make the roster on any other team. I suppose we are going to draft 4 recievers in this draft or something.. This regime is wacked.

    ManKok has no reason to come in and resign BE to the type of money he wants, without seeing for themselves how he is going to fit with the scheme and coaches. If they really want him after the season then they'll tag and work on a deal.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    ManKok has no reason to come in and resign BE to the type of money he wants, without seeing for themselves how he is going to fit with the scheme and coaches. If they really want him after the season then they'll tag and work on a deal.

    Nebraska: Finally someone is making some sense on this board!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! Braylon is in a contract year. He has all the incentive in the world to come in and light it up (in Cleveland) to increase his value for the next contract. We do hold the right to Franchise him ,which would be the smart thing for us to do.. If he lights it up here... it only gives him more incentive to stay here and play.. and for us to pay him.

    Clevelandfanforlife.. You keep ragging on and on about that Braylon will not sign here.... WHAT PROOF do you have that Brayon will not sign here? I have seen no evidence of that. He has never said that, his agent has never said that, and the Browns have never said that he is unwilling to re-sign here. . He has a contract currently and he is a Brown...There is no reason to give this guy the bums rush out the door. Nebraska has the right Idea..let him play out the current deal and see what happens after that.

  • @sez.ej said:

    I kind of hope it decreases the value..we keep him and re-sign him and let him score 15 td's a year for us instead of NY or Philli. I have no idea if we have made him an offer? I have not heard that we have even tried (which is stupid)... but UNLESS he absolutely refuses to resign with us.. trading this guy is absolute madness. We already have no #2, # 3 or# 4 wide recievers. (david patten? steptoe? yeah right...) we have a couple of #5's and a few guys that could not make the roster on any other team. I suppose we are going to draft 4 recievers in this draft or something.. This regime is wacked.

    ManKok has no reason to come in and resign BE to the type of money he wants, without seeing for themselves how he is going to fit with the scheme and coaches. If they really want him after the season then they'll tag and work on a deal.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    ManKok has no reason to come in and resign BE to the type of money he wants, without seeing for themselves how he is going to fit with the scheme and coaches. If they really want him after the season then they'll tag and work on a deal.

    I think you suggestions makes sense....But let's say BE has an average season...Not as bad as the 2008 season but not nearly as good as the 2007 Season.....Let's say he has 64 Receptions and 8 TD's. Are you willing to make a WR with those numbers a franchise player which would pay him as one of the top WR's in the NFL?

    I really don't think he's signable....I think he's going to want to leave and will only stay if forced to under a franchise tag.

    I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

  • Bottom line is Edwards's stock just went down, because it is supply and demand. NY won't trade for Edwards without him agreeing to a new contract. He wants more then Boldin wanted from AZ.

    Philly is in good enough draft position to draft a WR for a hell of a lot less money and no baggage. They even have enough picks to jump up for one of the premier WRs.

    I don't see anyone else trying to outbid the Giants for Edwards. So, if Boldin is really on the trade market, it isn't real good news for the Browns. Or, maybe it is if you want to keep Edwards. BTW Clayton reported that Edwards was seeking somewhere in the $10 million per year neighborhood. That is what was holding up the trade.

    Don't know waht AZ wants for Boldin, but it has to be more then the 1st and 3rd Cleveland was asking.

  • Clayton reports that AZ wants 1st & 3rd for Boldin

    Just for arguments sake(fantasy land)say the Browns could catch up with Pitts. with the acquisition of one more player who is available,we could get him with a 1st & 3 rd and are 1st is 20 something , as fans we'd be screaming to make the trade.

    What you think the fans in NY and Philly want their teams to do

    There is nobody in this draft in Boldins level right now

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    ManKok has no reason to come in and resign BE to the type of money he wants, without seeing for themselves how he is going to fit with the scheme and coaches. If they really want him after the season then they'll tag and work on a deal.

    I think you suggestions makes sense....But let's say BE has an average season...Not as bad as the 2008 season but not nearly as good as the 2007 Season.....Let's say he has 64 Receptions and 8 TD's. Are you willing to make a WR with those numbers a franchise player which would pay him as one of the top WR's in the NFL?

    I really don't think he's signable....I think he's going to want to leave and will only stay if forced to under a franchise tag.

    I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    I think you suggestions makes sense....But let's say BE has an average season...Not as bad as the 2008 season but not nearly as good as the 2007 Season.....Let's say he has 64 Receptions and 8 TD's. Are you willing to make a WR with those numbers a franchise player which would pay him as one of the top WR's in the NFL?

    I really don't think he's signable....I think he's going to want to leave and will only stay if forced to under a franchise tag.

    I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

    In this game its a chance that a team takes. Personally I don't think BE wants to be in Cleveland for two reasons. One, his comments about the the supposed comments fans have made to him and his family, and Two, I think he wants to take his talent to a bigger media stage, the kind that NY will give him.

    The current problem with BE is he feels he deserves top 5 money, and he really hasn't put up top 5 numbers or performances, consistently (key word here), to warrant it. So I'm torn between trade him while you can and keep him because it is a contract year and then try like hell to sign him if he does light it up. The other unknown factor here is the CBA. Right now its very likely that BE will only be a RFA next year, in which case you max tender him and go from there.

  • Bottom line is Edwards's stock just went down, because it is supply and demand. NY won't trade for Edwards without him agreeing to a new contract. He wants more then Boldin wanted from AZ.

    Philly is in good enough draft position to draft a WR for a hell of a lot less money and no baggage. They even have enough picks to jump up for one of the premier WRs.

    I don't see anyone else trying to outbid the Giants for Edwards. So, if Boldin is really on the trade market, it isn't real good news for the Browns. Or, maybe it is if you want to keep Edwards. BTW Clayton reported that Edwards was seeking somewhere in the $10 million per year neighborhood. That is what was holding up the trade.

    Don't know waht AZ wants for Boldin, but it has to be more then the 1st and 3rd Cleveland was asking.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Bottom line is Edwards's stock just went down, because it is supply and demand. NY won't trade for Edwards without him agreeing to a new contract. He wants more then Boldin wanted from AZ.

    Philly is in good enough draft position to draft a WR for a hell of a lot less money and no baggage. They even have enough picks to jump up for one of the premier WRs.

    I don't see anyone else trying to outbid the Giants for Edwards. So, if Boldin is really on the trade market, it isn't real good news for the Browns. Or, maybe it is if you want to keep Edwards. BTW Clayton reported that Edwards was seeking somewhere in the $10 million per year neighborhood. That is what was holding up the trade.

    Don't know waht AZ wants for Boldin, but it has to be more then the 1st and 3rd Cleveland was asking.

    I totally agree with you Ytown. With the Cards announcing Boldin being on the market, I think BE's stock takes a hit. Now the Giants can play the teams against each other if they so desire.

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Bottom line is Edwards's stock just went down, because it is supply and demand. NY won't trade for Edwards without him agreeing to a new contract. He wants more then Boldin wanted from AZ.

    Philly is in good enough draft position to draft a WR for a hell of a lot less money and no baggage. They even have enough picks to jump up for one of the premier WRs.

    I don't see anyone else trying to outbid the Giants for Edwards. So, if Boldin is really on the trade market, it isn't real good news for the Browns. Or, maybe it is if you want to keep Edwards. BTW Clayton reported that Edwards was seeking somewhere in the $10 million per year neighborhood. That is what was holding up the trade.

    Don't know waht AZ wants for Boldin, but it has to be more then the 1st and 3rd Cleveland was asking.

    I totally agree with you Ytown. With the Cards announcing Boldin being on the market, I think BE's stock takes a hit. Now the Giants can play the teams against each other if they so desire.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    I totally agree with you Ytown. With the Cards announcing Boldin being on the market, I think BE's stock takes a hit. Now the Giants can play the teams against each other if they so desire.

    his stock may be down, but teams like the giants and eagles are still panicking because they still want receivers. this could increase the number of teams that are interested in braylon though. boldin will probably be the more coveted guy which would make some of the smaller market teams to join in the braylon sweepstakes. teams like the jaguars and titans can get involved now. look for them to be involved in rumors

  • I think the Giants are convinced that without a Buress type receiver they cannot get back to their old dominant form. so how badly do they want a "burres"-que receiver will determine their interest. If I were Giants head I would make the trade giving Browns 1 and 3 round draft picks.

    Giants are more of a finished product needing just a few missing piece and this draft has nothing for them in WR that can make them get back to the way they were. But I guess a more informed fan would know If im right or not.

  • I think the Giants are convinced that without a Buress type receiver they cannot get back to their old dominant form. so how badly do they want a "burres"-que receiver will determine their interest. If I were Giants head I would make the trade giving Browns 1 and 3 round draft picks.

    Giants are more of a finished product needing just a few missing piece and this draft has nothing for them in WR that can make them get back to the way they were. But I guess a more informed fan would know If im right or not.

    @brownindian said:

    I think the Giants are convinced that without a Buress type receiver they cannot get back to their old dominant form. so how badly do they want a "burres"-que receiver will determine their interest. If I were Giants head I would make the trade giving Browns 1 and 3 round draft picks.

    Giants are more of a finished product needing just a few missing piece and this draft has nothing for them in WR that can make them get back to the way they were. But I guess a more informed fan would know If im right or not.

    One of the comments I have seen, I think it was on PFT.com, was that the Giants rate Boldin as the better receiver, but that BE is better at stretching the field. So it may come down to what the Giants decide they need more.

  • look for the cowboys to be interested in boldin. one thing you have to remember when trading boldin is that he wants a new contract today. the cowboys will probably be willing to give him that. also because he wants that new contract it could make braylon's stock higher because he isn't asking for a new contract. in a way, braylon's stock could be higher than boldin's if you look at the economics of the two.

  • look for the cowboys to be interested in boldin. one thing you have to remember when trading boldin is that he wants a new contract today. the cowboys will probably be willing to give him that. also because he wants that new contract it could make braylon's stock higher because he isn't asking for a new contract. in a way, braylon's stock could be higher than boldin's if you look at the economics of the two.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    look for the cowboys to be interested in boldin. one thing you have to remember when trading boldin is that he wants a new contract today. the cowboys will probably be willing to give him that. also because he wants that new contract it could make braylon's stock higher because he isn't asking for a new contract. in a way, braylon's stock could be higher than boldin's if you look at the economics of the two.

    Actually I have seen reports that one of the key things holding up a BE trade is his demands for a new contract, in the 10 mill a year range.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    look for the cowboys to be interested in boldin. one thing you have to remember when trading boldin is that he wants a new contract today. the cowboys will probably be willing to give him that. also because he wants that new contract it could make braylon's stock higher because he isn't asking for a new contract. in a way, braylon's stock could be higher than boldin's if you look at the economics of the two.

    Actually I have seen reports that one of the key things holding up a BE trade is his demands for a new contract, in the 10 mill a year range.

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    Actually I have seen reports that one of the key things holding up a BE trade is his demands for a new contract, in the 10 mill a year range.

    Boldin also wants $10 mil a year for 4 years. Close to the same as Fitzgerald's contract and AZ won't give it to him. No way I give Edwards $10 million a year until he would prove he can be a consistant receiver without all the BS.

  • @nebbrownsfan said:

    Actually I have seen reports that one of the key things holding up a BE trade is his demands for a new contract, in the 10 mill a year range.

    Boldin also wants $10 mil a year for 4 years. Close to the same as Fitzgerald's contract and AZ won't give it to him. No way I give Edwards $10 million a year until he would prove he can be a consistant receiver without all the BS.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Boldin also wants $10 mil a year for 4 years. Close to the same as Fitzgerald's contract and AZ won't give it to him. No way I give Edwards $10 million a year until he would prove he can be a consistant receiver without all the BS.

    Have heard, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't recall, is Boldin tagged?

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Boldin also wants $10 mil a year for 4 years. Close to the same as Fitzgerald's contract and AZ won't give it to him. No way I give Edwards $10 million a year until he would prove he can be a consistant receiver without all the BS.

    Have heard, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't recall, is Boldin tagged?

    @nebbrownsfan said:

    Have heard, so it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't recall, is Boldin tagged?

    No, he still has two years left on his contract but says he wants a new contract or he may not play.

  • what happens if no suitors come for either of them ? will they have to just shut up and play ?

  • what happens if no suitors come for either of them ? will they have to just shut up and play ?

    @brownindian said:

    what happens if no suitors come for either of them ? will they have to just shut up and play ?

    This is the same BS that Boldin was saying before last year's camp started. Then he played, just like Edwards will do if he isn't traded.

  • sounds like a plan 😆

    I wouldn't mind trading him but at 26 years and good athleticism he is a better bet than Boldin .. although Boldin is the more reliable one. I hear that along with Philly and Giants even Oakland are on the look out for WR's ... they have a nice position in the draft ...

  • Rumor on ESPN has the Ravens trying to get a deal done for Boldin. It's in the Insider "Rumor Special" if anybody here has paid to get in there.