Press Conference Today?
-
What time?
Apr 16th, 2009 @ 12:39 pm by Steve Doerschuk
George Kokinis headed off any Braylon Edwards and Brady Quinn trade questions by saying, “Internal business is something we’re not going to discuss in relation to trades and rumors.”
Kokinis indirectoly confirmed the team is listening and/or will listen to ofers for those two:
“If the phone rings, we’re gonna pick it up.”
Did the Browns try to acquire Jay Cutler?
Kokinis hesitated about three seconds before saying in general terms the Browns “discuss things internally.”
- Kokinis on Michael Crabtree: “He had a screw put in his foot and hasn’t really been able to work out, but put you on tape and he makes plays and gets in the end zone.”
- On Donté Stallworth’s status: “He’s on the team. I’m really not going to commeent on what his status might be. That whole situation is a tragedy.
“Donté was here at the beginning of the offseason program. Since then he’s been down in Miami … trying to get that thing straightened out.”
- On Jamal Lewis’ needing to be replaced faily soon:
“One thing about Jamal is, when you count him out, he runs you over. He had a little cleanup in his ankle. He feels good. I think he’s gonna come back pretty strong.” But …
“If a back is available and we like him, we’re gonna grab him.”
- On Aaron Curry:
“He’s got the versatility to play (inside or outside) and to play any (linebacking) position.”
-
@inspecta said:
Why do they have these useless press conferences?He told us absolutely nothing we didn't already know.
It's madening
He also did not show his hand to our rivals/the rest of the league. I wish I had the inside info too but this stance is more likely to help us than hurt us in regards to the draft and any possible trades.
-
Ya, I know the drill; "they've got a job to do." Selling newspapers or getting you to tune in at 6 is really their job. It's not about the truth, it's about selling you a story, true or not.
I don't blame Kokingina. Fans pay for a product "On the field!" this is the off-season, there's no requirement for them to tip their hand, like it or not.
Pat's fans don't mind BB's vanilla, say nothing pressers. Just 'cause we've been losing, doesn't mean the team has to expose their strategy to us.
-
Ya, I know the drill; "they've got a job to do." Selling newspapers or getting you to tune in at 6 is really their job. It's not about the truth, it's about selling you a story, true or not.
I don't blame Kokingina. Fans pay for a product "On the field!" this is the off-season, there's no requirement for them to tip their hand, like it or not.
Pat's fans don't mind BB's vanilla, say nothing pressers. Just 'cause we've been losing, doesn't mean the team has to expose their strategy to us.
-
I would have been more upset if Kokinis came out and said "yeah, we're looking at drafting Crabtree" or whoever. Why would he do that? If you read the article that Grossi posted this afternoon about the press conference, he seems so irritated that Kokinis gave him nothing. Come on, what did he expect?? When it comes to this time of year, you let NOBODY know what you're thinking and what you're doing. I have no problem trying to figure out what's real and what's a smoke screen till draft day because that means the other 31 teams are doing the same thing. Kokinis is doing a fine job, and Tony Grossi needs to get over himself.
-
@inspecta said:
Why do they have these useless press conferences?He told us absolutely nothing we didn't already know.
It's madening
"I've called you all here today to tell you that I'm not going to tell you anything. Thank you, and have a good day."
"I've called you all here today to tell you that I'm not going to tell you anything. Thank you, and have a good day."
Lol that about sums it up..i sense we will be trading/getting ripped off on both bq and be and da will go super dirt dirt cheap...like ive said before i expected a firesale of our less then decent and troubled talent but trading bq and be for 2nd round picks is somewhat suspect and cant benifit the club or this regime and the idea that mangini wanted to bring cutler here is disturbing to me being that he does not match mangini's style and is the type of player mangini claims he doesnt want..
I want to hate this drab boring regime already but theres not enough proof to support the obvious yet...but one thing is becoming obvious for sure 3-5 more losing seasons and the fans getting serious about calling for randy to sell the team..
-
You know, a pretty useless press conference and all, but if there ever was a time to be tight lipped, it would be now, 9 days before the draft.
Although I'll admit it doesn't seem like these guys are going to open up ... ever.
-
"I've called you all here today to tell you that I'm not going to tell you anything. Thank you, and have a good day."
Lol that about sums it up..i sense we will be trading/getting ripped off on both bq and be and da will go super dirt dirt cheap...like ive said before i expected a firesale of our less then decent and troubled talent but trading bq and be for 2nd round picks is somewhat suspect and cant benifit the club or this regime and the idea that mangini wanted to bring cutler here is disturbing to me being that he does not match mangini's style and is the type of player mangini claims he doesnt want..
I want to hate this drab boring regime already but theres not enough proof to support the obvious yet...but one thing is becoming obvious for sure 3-5 more losing seasons and the fans getting serious about calling for randy to sell the team..
Lol that about sums it up..i sense we will be trading/getting ripped off on both bq and be and da will go super dirt dirt cheap...like ive said before i expected a firesale of our less then decent and troubled talent but trading bq and be for 2nd round picks is somewhat suspect and cant benifit the club or this regime and the idea that mangini wanted to bring cutler here is disturbing to me being that he does not match mangini's style and is the type of player mangini claims he doesnt want..
I want to hate this drab boring regime already but theres not enough proof to support the obvious yet...but one thing is becoming obvious for sure 3-5 more losing seasons and the fans getting serious about calling for randy to sell the team..
You really gotta get off this trading BQ and BE for 2nd round picks. There is NOTHING to back up what you're saying. Please, do us all a favor and go root for someone else.
-
Zombo said:
Guys ... They aren't going to to tell us, or the press, anything for the next (how long is Mangini's contract?) four or five years.
I hope you like your ice cream vanilla, because your Browns news is going to be.
You didn't know they were trading Winslow, and you're not going to know if they are trading Edwards or Quinn.
Just sit back, sip your beer, or smoke your bong, whatever works for you ... and wait for that 1PM kickoff versus the Vikes ... then we can actually watch the real deal and see what this team is made of.
Until then we might as well just post post pictures of women with big titties.
Zombo
--and I don't care one bit about the vanilla treatment if they bring me a Super Bowl
Atta baby Zombs.
-
@inspecta said:
Why do they have these useless press conferences?He told us absolutely nothing we didn't already know.
It's madening
He also did not show his hand to our rivals/the rest of the league. I wish I had the inside info too but this stance is more likely to help us than hurt us in regards to the draft and any possible trades.
He also did show his hand to our rivals/the rest of the league.
There's nothing that says they can't "change their mind".
-
It's about WINS AND LOSSES..............................screw the press conferences. We can speculate here as well as the media.
If they told you everything (or something), what rumors would we have to talk about on here.
-
George DodgeBall Kokinis, this guy is great, i agree on not giving any info to the media, they will try and make the story bigger than it is. The dude seems to be a little more close to the coach than RAC and PS were. also his shit eating grin when asked about crabtree tells me that he will be on our team this year.
-
I hated the hiring of Mangini from day 1 not the man but just the half assed process, but for the first time in ten years I'm
love'n the fact that we've got hand,nobodies got a friggin clue what this guy is thinking
do we want Crabtree ?
are we making everybody think we're trading BE but we really want Curry to drop to us?
or are we really after Sanchez ?or one of the OT's
Is this guy really this shrewd or is this just dumb luck? Don't know Don't care
I know we have hand and I'm love'n it,and we'd be foolish to show it until we're on the clock.
-
George DodgeBall Kokinis, this guy is great, i agree on not giving any info to the media, they will try and make the story bigger than it is. The dude seems to be a little more close to the coach than RAC and PS were. also his shit eating grin when asked about crabtree tells me that he will be on our team this year.
also his shit eating grin when asked about crabtree tells me that he will be on our team this year.
I hope so.
-
I hated the hiring of Mangini from day 1 not the man but just the half assed process, but for the first time in ten years I'm
love'n the fact that we've got hand,nobodies got a friggin clue what this guy is thinking
do we want Crabtree ?
are we making everybody think we're trading BE but we really want Curry to drop to us?
or are we really after Sanchez ?or one of the OT's
Is this guy really this shrewd or is this just dumb luck? Don't know Don't care
I know we have hand and I'm love'n it,and we'd be foolish to show it until we're on the clock.
we've got hand
And we're gonna need it...
-
Nice to have cards up our sleeves without the media or opposition knowing what they are, ain't it?
I LOVE the way this Team is going about things. Neither I nor anyone else needs to know what happens until it does.
To quote a devoted Brown's fan, Canton Mike..."We'll see!"

Mike
-
Billicheck totally never says anything either, but at least he's a douche or says something mildy aggressive and entertaining.
Kok bored the living hell out of me.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
