Skip to content

retired

The Browns Board
31 20 1.9k
  • Boo hoo. Who cares.

  • I'm not old enough to remember him in his prime but he was a great broadcaster. People also tend to forget what a great coach he was to.

    In ten years his record was Win-Loss 103-32-7 Winning % 76.3

    I was watching NFL network and they said the Raiders went to the AFC championship game from 1969 until 1976 where they won the championship.

    That's a heck of a run. John Madden was a football genius and will be missed.

  • @inspecta said:

    People who have enough football acumen to understand his contributions to the game.

    I guess you're not a member of that group....

    Now go back to the political forum and talk about how everybody is a hypocrite....

    Awwwww, someones got a crush... It's out, Inspecta is out of the closet, he wants to get teabagged by Madden.

  • @inspecta said:

    People who have enough football acumen to understand his contributions to the game.

    I guess you're not a member of that group....

    Now go back to the political forum and talk about how everybody is a hypocrite....

    Awwwww, someones got a crush... It's out, Inspecta is out of the closet, he wants to get teabagged by Madden.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Awwwww, someones got a crush... It's out, Inspecta is out of the closet, he wants to get teabagged by Madden.

    don't we all. that man has sexy written all over him

  • @inspecta said:

    Ahhh, when you get called out fall back on your ace in the hole, overt gay references of your opponent.

    I guess by that logic you want Bernie to lay you down after a bottle of wine and fist your asshole.

    By your reaction I must say you are still in the closet, my bad. Only a fag could even think of something like that. You're so angry like, Col. Frank Fitts, USMC

    999AMB_Chris_Cooper_007.jpg

  • He was a tremendous coach in his day and he was a great broadcaster for quite awhile. He's been living on reputation for the last few years and probably should've retired when ABC stopped having MNF. But in his prime he was among the best at breaking down a football game on tv.

  • A guy who left coaching far too early IMO......reached the pinnacle of his football career at an early age...dont care hat anyone else thinks...I enjoyed his analysis of the game...Enjoy those steaks John...you earned'em!

  • Since I'm an old bastard, I've LONG hated Madden since he prowled the sidelines for the Raiders in the 70's. He's had his moments in broadcasting for sure. Pat Summerall made him somewhat palatable, but I grew weary of his "biff, bam, booms" years ago. However, with Crissy Collinsworth taking his place I wish he'd stay on until his last functioning brain cell sparks out.

    DWJ

  • I'm not old enough to remember him in his prime but he was a great broadcaster. People also tend to forget what a great coach he was to.

    In ten years his record was Win-Loss 103-32-7 Winning % 76.3

    I was watching NFL network and they said the Raiders went to the AFC championship game from 1969 until 1976 where they won the championship.

    That's a heck of a run. John Madden was a football genius and will be missed.

    @berniethekid said:

    In ten years his record was Win-Loss 103-32-7 Winning % 76.3

    That's a heck of a run. John Madden was a football genius and will be missed.

    I believe he has the record for a coach with the shortest amount of time to 100 wins. He was a great coach and in his earlier days in the booth he was one of the best.

    Yep, he will be missed. Thanksgiving won't seem the same.

  • I remember when Keith Jackson retired. He still kept showing up from time to time.

    I wouldn't mind seeing Madden showing up for some postseason games in the future.

  • Since I'm an old bastard, I've LONG hated Madden since he prowled the sidelines for the Raiders in the 70's. He's had his moments in broadcasting for sure. Pat Summerall made him somewhat palatable, but I grew weary of his "biff, bam, booms" years ago. However, with Crissy Collinsworth taking his place I wish he'd stay on until his last functioning brain cell sparks out.

    DWJ

    @furnier said:

    Since I'm an old bastard, I've LONG hated Madden since he prowled the sidelines for the Raiders in the 70's. He's had his moments in broadcasting for sure. Pat Summerall made him somewhat palatable, but I grew weary of his "biff, bam, booms" years ago. However, with Crissy Collinsworth taking his place I wish he'd stay on until his last functioning brain cell sparks out.

    DWJ

    As Inspecta would say,

    "People who have enough football acumen to understand his contributions to the game.

    I guess you're not a member of that group...."

    Come on Inspecta who's the hypocrite now?

  • LOL. Likewise little buddy. No it's just you pick people out to tell them they don't know football (hyp⋅o⋅crite). At least I can be a man and talk shit to everyone. It's fun.