Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. With the #5 pick in the Nfl draft the Browns select

With the #5 pick in the Nfl draft the Browns select

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
7 Posts 6 Posters 879 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • playerjdd P
    • 360 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    P playerjdd wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The way i look at the pick at #5 is whether or not we want a luxury car in Crabtree or do we want a old chevy truck in Orakpo. After seeing Crabtree on Nfl network i am not too impressed. All he was doing was showing how he was gonna spend his money. A fancy condo in dallas!! Come on that's what your worried about right now. I think the browns need someone who will be dedicated to the browns and not the media or his money. What ive seen and heard from Orakpo i am really impessed. I wouldnt mind Curry there either but i doubt he will fall that far.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • AdaM ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? AdaM wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @inspecta said:

      If Curry is there he's the pick hands down. But I would bet the farm the Browns are doing everything in their power right now to manipulate other teams into trading our pick to them to stockpile more picks.

      The 2nd round of the draft will be where we build this team for 09.

      I heard something today so I decided to look at some highlight films....

      Crabtree can't run routes for shit. He doesn't run a single nfl route! Look at the film, he never makes cuts to get open.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I have a feeling Crabtree is going to be the best player on the board when we draft, and no matter what we might end up doing with Edwards, receiver is a need.

        I think Crabtree is the pick.

        If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
        Y 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • BillyJack ?
          • Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          ? BillyJack wrote on last edited by
          #4

          curry or crabtree, come on you guys need to look a little deeper these guys are over hyped.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • ballpeenB ballpeen

            I have a feeling Crabtree is going to be the best player on the board when we draft, and no matter what we might end up doing with Edwards, receiver is a need.

            I think Crabtree is the pick.

            YtownBrownsBacker Y
            • 2k Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @ballpeen said:

            I have a feeling Crabtree is going to be the best player on the board when we draft, and no matter what we might end up doing with Edwards, receiver is a need.

            I think Crabtree is the pick.

            I really don't think they are locked in on Crabtree solely. I heard they were very impressed with Maclin. Also, some other teams have Maclin rated above Crabtree because of his toughness. But, Crabtree isn't rated at the top of the draft because he can't run routs or get open. He is a definate impact palyer and will be at the next level. but, maybe not with the Browns.

            I still think there is a lot of smoke and mirrors and the Sanchez and Crabtree love is just to find a trading partner or get someone to trade above them so Curry will fall.

            I've heard that they really like Robiskie and a Penn State receiver (I don't know which one, Williams or Butler) later in the draft.

            IMO, they will do anything possible to trade down out of #5.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Solon16 S
              • 2k Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I've been doin this draft thing for 26 years...and EVERY year you guys say trade down....ignorant BS...noone wants the #5 pick in this years draft!!! noone want to trade in top 5 picks...fact! the only reason ELI manning went to NYG is he stated perfectly clear he would NOT play for the Chargers!....anything other than that..the vick trade a decade ago!.......not happening!

              V 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • S Solon16

                I've been doin this draft thing for 26 years...and EVERY year you guys say trade down....ignorant BS...noone wants the #5 pick in this years draft!!! noone want to trade in top 5 picks...fact! the only reason ELI manning went to NYG is he stated perfectly clear he would NOT play for the Chargers!....anything other than that..the vick trade a decade ago!.......not happening!

                vdogrowz V
                • 62 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                V vdogrowz wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @solon16 said:

                I've been doin this draft thing for 26 years...and EVERY year you guys say trade down....ignorant BS...noone wants the #5 pick in this years draft!!! noone want to trade in top 5 picks...fact! the only reason ELI manning went to NYG is he stated perfectly clear he would NOT play for the Chargers!....anything other than that..the vick trade a decade ago!.......not happening!

                Good post Solon, Mankok is desperately trying to create a market for the 5th pick but will be unsuccessful, and pick neither Sanchez or Crabtree but Curry, one of the top 2 OL's or Raji in that order, and they'll still trade BE. Mankok believes they can fill in a WR from lower picks and roster pickups much easier than an interior lineman. jmo

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Theme
                • System
                • Light
                • Dark
                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Forums
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Donate