PFT Reporting its Crabtree or Sanchez
-
Not sure if this has been posted yet....if so, mod please delete.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/te...eveland-browns/
PFT is saying the Browns have leaked its either Crabtree or Sanchez. Also, Rutgers WR Kenny Britt is due in for a private workout the day before the draft. He's presumed to be a late 1st, early 2nd round pick.
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?
-
-
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?
I've had a feeling for some time that if Sanchez is there @ #5 they will draft him because he's the best player available or has THE MOST
VALUE. Just because they draft him doesn't mean he's in their plans. What would he be worth in draft picks for a team that desperately needs a QB. I think it would be brilliant to get him and shop him. Worst case Sanchez & Quinn. Best case???? They don't want that #5
pick anyway, if they can't get rid of it make it work for us for a change!
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?
I've had a feeling for some time that if Sanchez is there @ #5 they will draft him because he's the best player available or has THE MOST
VALUE. Just because they draft him doesn't mean he's in their plans. What would he be worth in draft picks for a team that desperately needs a QB. I think it would be brilliant to get him and shop him. Worst case Sanchez & Quinn. Best case???? They don't want that #5
pick anyway, if they can't get rid of it make it work for us for a change!
I've had a feeling for some time that if Sanchez is there @ #5 they will draft him because he's the best player available or has THE MOST
VALUE. Just because they draft him doesn't mean he's in their plans. What would he be worth in draft picks for a team that desperately needs a QB. I think it would be brilliant to get him and shop him. Worst case Sanchez & Quinn. Best case???? They don't want that #5
pick anyway, if they can't get rid of it make it work for us for a change!
It makes sense to me even though i hate the snubbing we get from this secretive regime it is in the teams best interest to keep everyone guessing and in the end all the cards will be face up on the table and we will all know how mankok played their hand...

-
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?
Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.
I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.
-
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?
Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.
I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.
So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?
Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.
I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.
Im sorry i was deployed the year they drafted thomas and quinn. But I do remember the year before knowing we were gonna get Wimpy i mean Whimbley. To say salvage did a good job would be an overstatement. Im not saying he was the worst GM like Detroits Millen but look at how he left the team. He overpaid for some of his FA to the point we couldnt really look at a FA this year. And look at how many draft picks we have this year before the Winslow trade (4). If you look at all the real good teams they build through the draft.
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn. I am not too impressed with Crabtree but if we draft him of course im gonna root for him. I know that it said that this was leaked but if the winslow trade wasnt leaked what makes you think our draft plan would be leaked?
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn.
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
-
So you knew they would take Joe Thomas?
Nobody had a clue who they would take not to mention Phillip had everybody believing he loved Jafaticus.
I've noticed more and more that Phil is getting bagged on pretty badly over things he really doesn't deserve. He had issues but the guy had a pretty good plan overall and made some damn good moves. His main problem was backing a certain bigfooted QB from the land of sasquatch.
Im sorry i was deployed the year they drafted thomas and quinn. But I do remember the year before knowing we were gonna get Wimpy i mean Whimbley. To say salvage did a good job would be an overstatement. Im not saying he was the worst GM like Detroits Millen but look at how he left the team. He overpaid for some of his FA to the point we couldnt really look at a FA this year. And look at how many draft picks we have this year before the Winslow trade (4). If you look at all the real good teams they build through the draft.
Im sorry i was deployed the year they drafted thomas and quinn. But I do remember the year before knowing we were gonna get Wimpy i mean Whimbley. To say salvage did a good job would be an overstatement. Im not saying he was the worst GM like Detroits Millen but look at how he left the team. He overpaid for some of his FA to the point we couldnt really look at a FA this year. And look at how many draft picks we have this year before the Winslow trade (4). If you look at all the real good teams they build through the draft.
Didn't mean to imply he did a good job overall, cuz I don't think he did and 4-12 speaks to that regardless of the circumstances. It's just that he is now being labeled as incompetent and that is just not the case. It doesn't bother me to hear RAC 'n ROLLS included as a buffoon but Phillip was and is a pretty good football man.
Flugs and others have done a pretty good job debating this and I'm kind of on the fence. Obviously he had issues handling his power but when he wanted something he went and got it. Fans are really quick to bash FA signings when they don't work out but usually everybody and their brother are all for the pickups at the time.
My issues with Phillip started back with his obvious Oklahoma fetish drafting the likes of Antonio Perkins, Travis Wilson and Brodney Pool. Also giving away picks for guys like Glue Hands Hubbard really leave me scratching my head. The 2005 draft was tough cuz he didn't have much time to prepare for the Browns' needs. Wimbley has certainly not helped but that's more on him than Phillip, he just hasn't progressed and developed as a player.
One thing that rests completely on his shoulders is not being on the same page as the head coach when picking his players, that is ridiculous to say the least. The other main issue is how he treated the DA situation very personally in handing over the keys to the franchise and forcing everybody to be on the same page. Ultimately this was his demise, along with crazy injuries and last year's brutal schedule. Edwards playing like ass certainly didn't help.
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn.
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
Cool. After all the Quinn fags have left, there should be enough room for all the Snachez fags.

-
I think Savage made some awesome moves but he also made some boneheaded moves. His pickups of Rogers for Bodden and a 3rd was a steal. We completely ripped off Detroit. Picking up Lewis worked out pretty well also. But he did swonder way too many of our draft picks to the point we are at now.
-
What is so funny about this report from PFT is that they note their source for this is WOIO-TV. Now that is some funny shit. Nobody in this town has a clue and PFT is quoting them as saying the Browns will pick either Sanchez or Crabtree.
I wonder if they called and got the Janitor after hours as their solid source.
WFT..........................can we at least get a better source. Hey, it could happen but WOIO doesn't have a clue.
That's like someone quoting Bruce Drennen. He just reads the paper and repeats it.
-
It is hard to understand what the Browns new management is thinking if this is true.
If they take Sanchez, I think your screwed. You already traded alot of picks for Quinn who has barely had a chance to show what he can do. Your team needs defensive players more than any QB in this draft. A WR would be a good pickup, but QB?
-
I personally will be P'd off if we draft Sanchez cause didnt we just give up a 1st and 2nd to draft Brady Quinn.
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
It just depends.
There could be a few things in play.
Reports....or maybe just message board garbage says we already have a offer for Quinn. It may be we have struck a deal but have to wait for the draft to unfold. It wouldn't be good business to trade Quinn now planning to draft Sanchez, then have Sanchez selected at #4.
If we draft Sanchez, we can then expect to see Quinn moved in short order for the pick. Denver??
If we end up keeping all three....it does make one scratch the head......the only reason I can see that is none of the offers are very good, or are for picks next year, in which case we want to hang on to both while Sanchez seasons and hope one or the others value increases with solid play this year.
Overall, I would peg the odds of Quinn being shipped at 60%. Way to much smoke and not enough water to douse it by the front office for there to be nothing to the story.
-
You may not end up being pissed off if someone gives the Browns some crazy deal for Brady Quinn....That is obviously the only way they would be drafting Sanchez.
If they draft Sanchez with DA and Quinn still on the roster then I'm done with this front office already.
It just depends.
There could be a few things in play.
Reports....or maybe just message board garbage says we already have a offer for Quinn. It may be we have struck a deal but have to wait for the draft to unfold. It wouldn't be good business to trade Quinn now planning to draft Sanchez, then have Sanchez selected at #4.
If we draft Sanchez, we can then expect to see Quinn moved in short order for the pick. Denver??
If we end up keeping all three....it does make one scratch the head......the only reason I can see that is none of the offers are very good, or are for picks next year, in which case we want to hang on to both while Sanchez seasons and hope one or the others value increases with solid play this year.
Overall, I would peg the odds of Quinn being shipped at 60%. Way to much smoke and not enough water to douse it by the front office for there to be nothing to the story.
It just depends.
There could be a few things in play.
Reports....or maybe just message board garbage says we already have a offer for Quinn. It may be we have struck a deal but have to wait for the draft to unfold. It wouldn't be good business to trade Quinn now planning to draft Sanchez, then have Sanchez selected at #4.
If we draft Sanchez, we can then expect to see Quinn moved in short order for the pick. Denver??
If we end up keeping all three....it does make one scratch the head......the only reason I can see that is none of the offers are very good, or are for picks next year, in which case we want to hang on to both while Sanchez seasons and hope one or the others value increases with solid play this year.
Overall, I would peg the odds of Quinn being shipped at 60%. Way to much smoke and not enough water to douse it by the front office for there to be nothing to the story.
Don't forget the Browns could draft Sanchez and then deal him shortly thereafter also. My feeling on that is Sanchez probably would bring more value. At that point, Dexter would probably finally get moved.
-
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
Now tha's just BS. . . two years ago NOBODY knew who we were drafting with the first pick. Was it Quinn, Peterson or Thomas? It was a mystery up until the draft unfolded.
-
As much as i hate how secret Mankok is about their plans I think its definately for the best. If we still had Savage and Crennel then we would of know a month ago who we wanted.
Now tha's just BS. . . two years ago NOBODY knew who we were drafting with the first pick. Was it Quinn, Peterson or Thomas? It was a mystery up until the draft unfolded.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login