Skip to content

Orakpo=This Year's Gholston?

The Browns Board
49 16 2.8k
  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    First half is over.

    1 tackle. I Qb hurry and he played LE on only one play.

  • E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I won't disagree with OldCrow's point about his production in the Fiesta Bowl but he was injured much of last year and still produced 11.5 sacks. You can see some canned highlights from the UT athletic dept from each of the past three seasons here.

  • D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Gholston was a very good player and I was hoping the Browns might end up with him. Maybe the bruising inside backer job might be better for him, not sure. I still think he will be a good player in the NFL.

  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Just listened to Mcshay on ESPNU.

    I think he has cooled on Orakpo too. Mcshay is now saying he doesn't even think he's a OLB. Questions his cover ability.

    He thinks he's a pure 4-3 DE.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #43

    I wish Todd Mcshay would be our GM since he is the best football evaluator out there, why havent we hired him.

  • I wish Todd Mcshay would be our GM since he is the best football evaluator out there, why havent we hired him.

    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by Oldcrow1945
    #44

    @cambridgeho said:

    I wish Todd Mcshay would be our GM since he is the best football evaluator out there, why havent we hired him.

    The guy is well respected around the league....He's been evaluating talent for a living for well over ten years.

    He's not just another ESPN reporter.

    He was tutored by long time scout and coach Gary Horton for the war room. This firm is hired by NFL teams to provide independent scouting reports.

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #45

    EA just announced Orakpo to be on the cover of Madden '10

  • hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @inspecta said:

    Are you serious?

    that's the first time a rookie has ever been on the cover of madden, and also means I don't want to touch that kid with a 20 foot pole.

    The kid is doomed, why oh why did his agent agree to this?

    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  • Just listened to Mcshay on ESPNU.

    I think he has cooled on Orakpo too. Mcshay is now saying he doesn't even think he's a OLB. Questions his cover ability.

    He thinks he's a pure 4-3 DE.

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Just listened to Mcshay on ESPNU.

    I think he has cooled on Orakpo too. Mcshay is now saying he doesn't even think he's a OLB. Questions his cover ability.

    He thinks he's a pure 4-3 DE.

    Texas played some 3-4 this year and Orakpo played OLB and scouts say the film of him in coverage was very good. He also did a very good job at the combine in the LB drills.

    McShay is flip-flopping on a lot of guys in the last few days. He's had Orakpo going to Cleveland, Sanchez going to Cleveland, Crabtree going to Cleveland and now Raji going to Cleveland.

    Fact is nobody has a clue what the Browns are going to do.

  • EA just announced Orakpo to be on the cover of Madden '10

    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by ClevelandFanForLife
    #48

    @oconrecon said:

    EA just announced Orakpo to be on the cover of Madden '10

    i'm reading that it is the cover on ncaa football along with sanchez, percy harvin and utah quarterback brian johnson. i think it is just the college orakpo will be on.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/...2010-ncaa-game/

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by OconRecon
    #49

    @inspecta said:

    Are you serious?

    that's the first time a rookie has ever been on the cover of madden, and also means I don't want to touch that kid with a 20 foot pole.

    The kid is doomed, why oh why did his agent agree to this?

    Whoops, my bad. It is the EA NCAA cover.