Skip to content

With 5 days left...

The Browns Board
31 22 2.7k
  • Definately trade BE

    Definately stay away from Crabtree

    Definately get anything for DA(expect biggest surprise on this move)

    Definately go offense on top 2 picks

    Defense the rest of the way

    Obviously we should accept offers you just can't turn down(multiple picks, players)

    Wasn't that easy!

    @hammertime said:

    Definately go offense on top 2 picks

    our defense was atrocious last year and you want us to go offense with our first two picks? i don't know about that. i think that would create a lot more problems than offer solutions.

  • yay! For the first time on this board I have created a hot topic! 🙂

  • @hammertime said:

    Definately go offense on top 2 picks

    our defense was atrocious last year and you want us to go offense with our first two picks? i don't know about that. i think that would create a lot more problems than offer solutions.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    our defense was atrocious last year and you want us to go offense with our first two picks? i don't know about that. i think that would create a lot more problems than offer solutions.

    I'm expecting another top pick.

    Remember our offense didn't score for quite some time last year, forget the excuses its still the NFL and scoring is always the key to winning.

    4 picks in the top 2 rounds asking for offense with the top 2 is not a reach.

  • I hope we trade out of 5, honestly the more the pre draft info keeps rolling in I have a new favorite. clay Matthews Jr. I hope we pick him up with a 2nd and pick up Wells with a late first round pick.

    With his pedigree/intelligence and work ethic he might do better than curry/orakpo/meleuga. Not to mention a name we are all familiar with as Browns fans.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    our defense was atrocious last year and you want us to go offense with our first two picks? i don't know about that. i think that would create a lot more problems than offer solutions.

    I'm expecting another top pick.

    Remember our offense didn't score for quite some time last year, forget the excuses its still the NFL and scoring is always the key to winning.

    4 picks in the top 2 rounds asking for offense with the top 2 is not a reach.

    @hammertime said:

    I'm expecting another top pick.

    Remember our offense didn't score for quite some time last year, forget the excuses its still the NFL and scoring is always the key to winning.

    4 picks in the top 2 rounds asking for offense with the top 2 is not a reach.

    that's true, we were one of the worst offenses last year. i still say if we had played the lions in one of the final 6 games, they would have ended up 1-15.

  • @playgroundlegend said:

    Rex Ryan said he sees Rey as the next Ray Lewis

    It's too bad he never said that.

    Here's how I see it:

    • 1. Aaron Curry

    2. Brian Orakpo

    3. Michael Crabtree

    4. Jason Smith

    Aloysius said:

    It's too bad he never said that.

    Here's how I see it:

    • 1. Aaron Curry

    2. Brian Orakpo

    3. Michael Crabtree

    4. Jason Smith

    I know you dont interpret it that way Aloy, but the author of the article certainly did

    "Maualuga said he came to the combine to get ''rediscovered'' and to show people who he really is. While there he deflected a comparison to Lewis made by New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, the former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator. When Ryan was asked whether there was another Ray Lewis in this draft, Ryan said, ''I think somebody has the first name.''

    ''I'm nowhere near Ray Lewis,'' Maualuga said. ''I'm just a guy coming out of college. I've got a lot to prove, a lot to work on. I respect Ray Lewis. I'm way far away from his game.''

    Norton didn't go as far as Ryan, but privately might agree with him."

    this means mauluga doesnt make it past the jets, would you have taken Ray Lewis at 5 knowing what you know now?

  • I think it's sloppy work on the writer's part. If Mangini asked Mark Sanchez if he thought he was the best QB in the draft, would it be fair to conclude that Mangini thinks Sanchez is better than Stafford? That's a giant step that shouldn't be made without having a direct quote from the coach.

    And I highly doubt that the Jets will take Maualuga. They signed Bart Scott to a huge deal and already have David Harris, a player who's somewhat similar to Maualuga.

  • Aloysius said:

    It's too bad he never said that.

    Here's how I see it:

    • 1. Aaron Curry

    2. Brian Orakpo

    3. Michael Crabtree

    4. Jason Smith

    I know you dont interpret it that way Aloy, but the author of the article certainly did

    "Maualuga said he came to the combine to get ''rediscovered'' and to show people who he really is. While there he deflected a comparison to Lewis made by New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, the former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator. When Ryan was asked whether there was another Ray Lewis in this draft, Ryan said, ''I think somebody has the first name.''

    ''I'm nowhere near Ray Lewis,'' Maualuga said. ''I'm just a guy coming out of college. I've got a lot to prove, a lot to work on. I respect Ray Lewis. I'm way far away from his game.''

    Norton didn't go as far as Ryan, but privately might agree with him."

    this means mauluga doesnt make it past the jets, would you have taken Ray Lewis at 5 knowing what you know now?

    @playgroundlegend said:

    I know you dont interpret it that way Aloy, but the author of the article certainly did

    "Maualuga said he came to the combine to get ''rediscovered'' and to show people who he really is. While there he deflected a comparison to Lewis made by New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, the former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator. When Ryan was asked whether there was another Ray Lewis in this draft, Ryan said, ''I think somebody has the first name.''

    ''I'm nowhere near Ray Lewis,'' Maualuga said. ''I'm just a guy coming out of college. I've got a lot to prove, a lot to work on. I respect Ray Lewis. I'm way far away from his game.''

    Norton didn't go as far as Ryan, but privately might agree with him."

    this means mauluga doesnt make it past the jets, would you have taken Ray Lewis at 5 knowing what you know now?

    Playground you are a young kid that falls in love with players. You'll get over it as you get older.

    I agree with some of your assessments, though.

  • I voted for who we'll likely pick and not who I want us to pick simply because I don't think certain players will be available or should be picked that high, etc....

  • Since it says who I would pick, I didn't hit any of those as no OTs are listed.

    A stud RT would help this team more than anything IMO.

    Control the ball on the ground, and be able to do so in either direction.

    We can't do that right now and that is why we can't score points. Ballpeen

    **********************************************************

    Our offense has been hampered by glaring weaknesses in our oline badly.

    The Patriots are bringing in Jamon Meredith. I would be willing to bet they will draft him with their

    pick they aquired in their recent trade, the pick just ahead of the Browns in the second round.

    You have to have the guys up front to play the game effectively. It was obvious to a lot of us

    that Shaffer was not getting the job done at RT. Rt is not a #5 pick, but with an extra second round or

    late first round, a RT would dramatically help the Browns offense..

  • On ESPN, I just heard Mel Kiper comparing Crabtree to Andre Johnson. I don't know about you guys, but I think that would be a major boost to our offense. So long as ManKok thinks they can keep Crabtree in check