Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Raji?

Raji?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
6 Posts 5 Posters 861 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • We need Tom Tupa W
    • 591 Posts
    • 11 Reputation
    W We need Tom Tupa wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I dont know much about him, so I'd love to hear what anyone has to say. To me, the idea of a 3-4 NT with top 10 talent is very exciting. Rogers, Raji, and Williams/Smith/Smith would be a devastating line (assuming Raji is as good as his draft position indicates.) Wimbley would suddenly "remember" how to get to the QB, DQ would find a backfield tackle, and teams would avoid running up the middle. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like NFL GMs have proven to be much more effective at projecting the abilities of big strong NTs than of guys that would need to transition to 3-4 OLB. If we want to upgrade our defense, what better way than to focus on the Dline?

    For the 3rd time, let me admit that I have no clue what I'm talking about. But AFC North football seems like it would be a lot easier to play if our d-line was the strength of the team.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 3k Posts
      • 127 Reputation
      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Kind of what I was saying on the other thread. I'm very intrigued by this guy and scoring Mack with the 29th pick for Edwards.

      Is a pig's ass pork?
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • lambdo L
        • 175 Posts
        • 6 Reputation
        L lambdo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

        This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

        Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

        Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

        W 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • L lambdo

          IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

          This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

          Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

          Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

          We need Tom Tupa W
          • 591 Posts
          • 11 Reputation
          W We need Tom Tupa wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @lambdo said:

          IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

          This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

          Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

          Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

          The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

          Legacy FanL ? 2 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W We need Tom Tupa

            @lambdo said:

            IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

            This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

            Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

            Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

            The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

            Legacy Fan Legacy FanL
            • 3k Posts
            • 197 Reputation
            Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @we-need-tom-tupa said:

            The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

            Other than the dreadlocks was there any indication that Ricky Williams would be the next Ricky Williams? That heisman trophy was kind of misleading...

            Sure, luck means a lot in football. Not having a good quarterback is bad luck. -Don Shula
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W We need Tom Tupa

              @lambdo said:

              IF Rogers is game for playing End ( Where I'm sure he would stud out..HE is one talent that will make plays everywhere on the line)

              This sure sends a message to the Steelers / Ravens that we won't be ran on.

              Im all for Raji..but he might have a Ricky Williams type problem of kickin the pot...

              Happy 420 to the Brownsboard crew by the way....

              The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

              Aloysius ?
              • Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @we-need-tom-tupa said:

              The last report I saw was that he never even tested positive. Even if he did, I don't see any reason to think that he is the next Ricky Williams.

              There was a report that he failed multiple drug tests while at Boston College. Some have speculated that it played a role in him being suspended for the entire '07 season.

              I don't think Raji could play end, and I don't see the wisdom in moving a veteran Pro Bowler to a new position. I'd prefer to wait and see if Corey Williams can develop into a solid 3-4 DE; if not, Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska) and Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma) will be intriguing options at the top of Round 1 next year. And if Williams plays well, we could get a talented guy like Arthur Jones (Syracuse) to replace Robaire Smith in Round 2.

              Next year's draft is going to be stacked with d-line talent, so I wouldn't go for a risky character prospect like Raji or an overhyped prospect like Tyson Jackson at #5.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate