Skip to content

Couldn't of said it better myself...

The Browns Board
20 10 1.4k
  • I irishlass wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Just another fan posting his opinion.

    I take the Irish part pretty much tells your tale.

  • I irishlass wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Try "her" opinion, and isn't that what a message board is for?

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    yea ma'am....It would be freakin way stupid to draft Sanchez

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @irishlass said:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/159330-...ng-mark-sanchez

    Erin, nice article on the Browns options for backup QB next year, Brady Quinn or Mark Sanchez.

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Dude...I have to say you are a big douche bag! I mean Really???/ give it a freakin break!

  • Dude...I have to say you are a big douche bag! I mean Really???/ give it a freakin break!

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @solon16 said:

    Dude...I have to say you are a big douche bag! I mean Really???/ give it a freakin break!

    I agree. I'm sick of irishlass and the rest of the BQ leghumper association as well. Who gives a shit about backup QBs anyways?

  • B Buckeye_2391 wrote on last edited by Buckeye_2391
    #8

    I was listening to Colin Cowherd on espn radio, not a fan but he made a point that I have been thinking about for the last hour. His point of discussion was that there are teams that consistently draft good players and are extremely good at taking talent and molding it to Pro-bowl caliber talent ex. Steelers and Patriots.

    I know those two teams mentioned above aren't evening thinking about taking a quarterback but they are the two teams that immediately come to mind.

    Look at the teams that are in love with Sanchez. He specifically pointed out the Redskins. I am still going to wait and see how the big signing of Haynesworth goes for them. The point being is that teams that have not been consistent with their draft picks really really like this kid. I don't know if it’s a valid point, but it did get me thinking.

    Everyone that mentions this guy falls in love with him, being able to interview well and translating that to on the field success are two entirely different things.

  • Try "her" opinion, and isn't that what a message board is for?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @irishlass said:

    Try "her" opinion, and isn't that what a message board is for?

    I got the "lass" part.....I was referring to the writer of the blog piece.

    No doubt that is what a message board is for, and you did.

    Just as I πŸ˜‰

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Oops... πŸ˜‰

    I thought I read it as Eric the first time, and was going off of recall on the second post.....

    I bow down. 😁

  • DawgPound4LifeD DawgPound4Life wrote on last edited by
    #11

    so we have less than a week to dump DA's worthless ass and get some pick. The other plus to dumping DA: lumnuts will go and pollute someone elses board blowing on DA's cock

  • so we have less than a week to dump DA's worthless ass and get some pick. The other plus to dumping DA: lumnuts will go and pollute someone elses board blowing on DA's cock

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @dawgpound4life said:

    so we have less than a week to dump DA's worthless ass and get some pick. The other plus to dumping DA: lumnuts will go and pollute someone elses board blowing on DA's cock

    I am sure your mother is very proud of you.

  • DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I thought it funny that she credited the Bills game as being a good show of offense, in part to Quinn... 185 yards, no TD passes, complete 30 odd % and a 55 rating for the day.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @inspecta said:

    Of all the crap that's said on this board and you pick THAT out to admonish somebody?

    Haha...

    I know, I almost always ignore it, especially when it is something I stumble upon some time later.

    In this case I was active in the thread when it was posted, so I decided to express my opinion on that sort of thing.

  • L lambdo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Oh how It's gotten so hazy in this smokescreen.........

  • DrunkandstoopidD Drunkandstoopid wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Zombo said:

    What's also interesting to note is that DA is constantly having his 07 Season diminished because it was against "weak competition".

    Yet, Quinn has played against the 08 Broncs, Bills and Texans, and the 07 49ers not a playoff team (or an impressive defense) in the bunch ... and he has the devil's passer rating of 66.6.

    Not that I think that limited action defines Quinn ... but DA doesn't get enough credit for his tour of duty: he was the first guy to play the positon for us with any kind of a sack over ten years, and in the 24 games he started over the past two years we were 13-11 and he threw 38 TD passes. And I'm pretty sure he faced some of the best defenses in the world: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Giants, NE Patriots. Didn't always beat them ... but we certainly weren't beating anybody without him.

    Again, I'm all for Brady Quinn proving himself ... I just think his camp competition is a little tougher than given credit for.

    Zombo

    --And screw Mark Sanchez ... build a formidable defense and either of these guys will win for us ...

    Looks like 4 mini-camps to help both guys (if both are here) to show their stuff.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Zombo said:

    What's also interesting to note is that DA is constantly having his 07 Season diminished because it was against "weak competition".

    Yet, Quinn has played against the 08 Broncs, Bills and Texans, and the 07 49ers not a playoff team (or an impressive defense) in the bunch ... and he has the devil's passer rating of 66.6.

    Not that I think that limited action defines Quinn ... but DA doesn't get enough credit for his tour of duty: he was the first guy to play the positon for us with any kind of a sack over ten years, and in the 24 games he started over the past two years we were 13-11 and he threw 38 TD passes. And I'm pretty sure he faced some of the best defenses in the world: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Giants, NE Patriots. Didn't always beat them ... but we certainly weren't beating anybody without him.

    Again, I'm all for Brady Quinn proving himself ... I just think his camp competition is a little tougher than given credit for.

    Zombo

    --And screw Mark Sanchez ... build a formidable defense and either of these guys will win for us ...

    Only problem with your theory is that Dexter can't win in an offense designed for ball control and moving the chains with efficiency. By all accounts that is what Mancock is trying to build here with a solid defense. That philosophy is anti-Dex.

    It doesn't have to be Queen, but it needs to be somebody with some pocket presence, mobility and short game accuracy with the ability to check down and not force the ball downfield.......or hell, not force a screen for a pick six.

    I would have taken Leftwich, but then they couldn't try to fool people that they think they can win with DA.

  • Zombo said:

    What's also interesting to note is that DA is constantly having his 07 Season diminished because it was against "weak competition".

    Yet, Quinn has played against the 08 Broncs, Bills and Texans, and the 07 49ers not a playoff team (or an impressive defense) in the bunch ... and he has the devil's passer rating of 66.6.

    Not that I think that limited action defines Quinn ... but DA doesn't get enough credit for his tour of duty: he was the first guy to play the positon for us with any kind of a sack over ten years, and in the 24 games he started over the past two years we were 13-11 and he threw 38 TD passes. And I'm pretty sure he faced some of the best defenses in the world: Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New York Giants, NE Patriots. Didn't always beat them ... but we certainly weren't beating anybody without him.

    Again, I'm all for Brady Quinn proving himself ... I just think his camp competition is a little tougher than given credit for.

    Zombo

    --And screw Mark Sanchez ... build a formidable defense and either of these guys will win for us ...

    Looks like 4 mini-camps to help both guys (if both are here) to show their stuff.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #18

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Looks like 4 mini-camps to help both guys (if both are here) to show their stuff.
    (i miss the tortoise btw)

    yeah and those 5 ota's are the lowest of any team i saw. i counted 17 from somebody and 12-15 from many others. they'll only show their cards a couple times w/ this strategy. after the weights there must be some long classroom days making up for it. an odd setup fo' sho.

    don't confuse can't w/ hasn't Riff.

    **boosh**

  • sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #19
    The last point I will make is an emotional one. Brady Quinn loves the Cleveland Browns. He would rather play for the Browns than any other team in the league.

    is this reality? i've never once heard him say anything remotely close to this.

    that ghey article reaked of Quindom.

    is erin a guy or a girl, anyway?

  • The last point I will make is an emotional one. Brady Quinn loves the Cleveland Browns. He would rather play for the Browns than any other team in the league.

    is this reality? i've never once heard him say anything remotely close to this.

    that ghey article reaked of Quindom.

    is erin a guy or a girl, anyway?

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @sisky-fringo said:

    is this reality? i've never once heard him say anything remotely close to this.

    that ghey article reaked of Quindom.

    is erin a guy or a girl, anyway?

    She's a Brady's Lady and a Notre Domer.

    I don't think too many players care all that much where they play, I think it's more predicated on the surrounding cast and coin, especially for QB's coming in.

    Queen is from Cbus, not Cleveland like JJ. The one pic with him wearing a Browns helmet when he was a cute little boy started it, then when he finally got picked he was thankful as hell as a cuter little man.