Skip to content

at this point

The Browns Board
21 16 2.2k
  • Take the defensive tackle put him next to Rogers then lets see who runs on us. I'm sick of getting out muscled in the division. Then if we trade BE get the center. Use 2nd rounders on linebacker and receiver.

    @eastlakeian said:

    Take the defensive tackle put him next to Rogers then lets see who runs on us. I'm sick of getting out muscled in the division. Then if we trade BE get the center. Use 2nd rounders on linebacker and receiver.

    I'm all for this, except trading BE.

  • D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

  • D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    @solon16 said:

    D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

  • If not Curry, then Raji. Our line needs a hell of a lot of help, and he could play DE. You don't pass on that type of player, only dumb teams do (like when we let the Ravens grab Ngata while we took Wimpley).

  • @solon16 said:

    D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    Great point.

    As far as the offense went, our offensive line on the right side was beaten up & ineffective, we had NO effective QB with Brady going down, so I have to think the offense will be somewhat improved just given good health in a couple key areas.

    I also want a great & aggressive defense. While lack of players hurt, & twe need to get some players, the "rubber band" scheme hurt just as bad. Win or lose, I want to do it aggressively....let the players leave the field knowing we didn't just "lay down" & wait for the opponent to make mistakes....FORCE errors!

    Mike

  • I think Moreno is going to be a great one, too. No Smith, he's a bust in a buffet line waiting to happen. At least get one of the tackles that can spell and thinks being in shape is kind of cool.

    I'm leaning on offense to Moreno or Maclin but still see these guys going defense or RT that isn't dummer den a brick.

  • Raji is too short to play DE in the 3-4. The only player who's a top ten rated guy who can play 3-4 end is Tyson Jackson. Orakpo would be a 3-4 OLB.

    If someone trades up to get Sanchez...they may trade to the Chiefs' spot at #3 which would possibly drop Curry OUT of the top 4 to us.

    If Curry and Orakpo go...the pick is between Jackson and Raji

    Andre Smith does not fall out of the top 12. The rest of the guys you mention are not worth the #5 pick and won't be there at #36.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    Great point.

    As far as the offense went, our offensive line on the right side was beaten up & ineffective, we had NO effective QB with Brady going down, so I have to think the offense will be somewhat improved just given good health in a couple key areas.

    I also want a great & aggressive defense. While lack of players hurt, & twe need to get some players, the "rubber band" scheme hurt just as bad. Win or lose, I want to do it aggressively....let the players leave the field knowing we didn't just "lay down" & wait for the opponent to make mistakes....FORCE errors!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Great point.

    As far as the offense went, our offensive line on the right side was beaten up & ineffective, we had NO effective QB with Brady going down, so I have to think the offense will be somewhat improved just given good health in a couple key areas.

    I also want a great & aggressive defense. While lack of players hurt, & twe need to get some players, the "rubber band" scheme hurt just as bad. Win or lose, I want to do it aggressively....let the players leave the field knowing we didn't just "lay down" & wait for the opponent to make mistakes....FORCE errors!

    Mike

    You said it better and more effectively than I could.

  • http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11663399

    check this out...he's a moron...I hope hes not even 5% correct

  • @solon16 said:

    D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    I agree, defense wins championships but, LBs are playmakers in the 3-4 not linemen.

  • @solon16 said:

    D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    yes the steelers have a stellar defense and i do agree with you Defense wins championships. But we should also remember the steelers played all 9-7 teams throughout the playoffs and in the superbowl.

  • @solon16 said:

    D-LINE aren't play makers...we pay williams and rogers a boat load...we pay robaire alot of Money...I just see us paying another d-lineman when we haven't scored a td in last 6 games....Machlin or RB. Orakpo will prob be the choice...don't see raji.

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    '06 Colts weren't exactly a defensive oriented team, thats for sure. Nor were the '99 Rams. You can win a SB with an amazing offense and decent defense OR decent offense and amazing defense.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    Pittsburgh #22 in total offense

    Pittsburgh #1 in total defense

    This stats says so much. Who cares about playmakers unless you are selling Gatorade or Sharpie pens?

    You want sexy....I want a great defense that wins championships.

    '06 Colts weren't exactly a defensive oriented team, thats for sure. Nor were the '99 Rams. You can win a SB with an amazing offense and decent defense OR decent offense and amazing defense.

    @frizbiz said:

    '06 Colts weren't exactly a defensive oriented team, thats for sure. Nor were the '99 Rams. You can win a SB with an amazing offense and decent defense OR decent offense and amazing defense.

    You are wrong about the Rams. They were a top five team in total defense in 1999. They were very good on D.

    So that leaves you ONE....And the day you get something comparable to Manning, Harrison, Wayne and James on the Browns offense I will agree with you concerning Offense vs. Defense and football championships.

    A combo like those four are a once in a life time thing.

    Great defenses are easier to build.

  • Even the Indy example doesn't work. Though the Colts' defense was pretty bad during the regular season, Dungy had them playing at an elite level during the playoffs. Though they ranked 21st in the league in YPG allowed during the regular season, the 252.5 YPG they held opposing offenses to during the playoffs was better than any team's regular season average.

    You can't win without a good defense. And the best way to be consistently competitive, especially in the AFC North, is to build one.

  • According to reports, Detroit has already agreed to terms with Curry if Stafford doesn't sign by friday.

    I posted the article in the Lions/Stafford thread

  • @eastlakeian said:

    Take the defensive tackle put him next to Rogers then lets see who runs on us. I'm sick of getting out muscled in the division. Then if we trade BE get the center. Use 2nd rounders on linebacker and receiver.

    I'm all for this, except trading BE.

    @lambdo said:

    I'm all for this, except trading BE.

    and...unless we trade braylon....we dont get the center.