Skip to content

Brain Damage?

Political Discussion
28 8 1.8k
  • I think alot of you in here have never seen the hard side of life. I have witnessed extreme drug abuse while in the Army in the 1970's. While stationed at Ayers Kaserne, Kirchgoins, Germany. People smoking Hash day and night. Shooting up heroin. Taking chrystal meth. It wasn't "recreational drug use". It was pathetic losers getting high all the time and not able to function. Don't even try and compare it to drinking alcohol. I was 18 years old and seeing hard core druggies shooting up before formation in the morning. Getting high on hash and not doing anything but sitting around staring and listening to music. Get off of your bull shit druggie horse. I have been there, you have not.

  • The salient point, T, is not whether or not Marijuana can be harmful or not.

    The salient point is that a legal substance - alcohol - causes physical ailments, drives up insurance and medical costs, wrecks families, etc. I submit to you that smoking a joint is not one bit worse than drinking a few beers.

    The issue is not medical or sociological. It is political, plain and simple.

    So you don't drink, T?

    @chicopee-john said:

    The salient point, T, is not whether or not Marijuana can be harmful or not.

    The salient point is that a legal substance - alcohol - causes physical ailments, drives up insurance and medical costs, wrecks families, etc. I submit to you that smoking a joint is not one bit worse than drinking a few beers.

    The issue is not medical or sociological. It is political, plain and simple.

    So you don't drink, T?

    Of course I drink, but after watching how alcohol can be just as addictive as any other mind altering substance. I really dont care for the drunkeness part. Like I noted above , A man/woman has to know their limitations.

    It will/does wreck families. One should consider their family history and make a decision based on how many alcoholics are in their family tree before considering even being a casual drinker. Just because you have built up a tolerence for drinking a 12 pack of beer and a pint of vodka a night, does not mean you are in the clear. But even with saying that you should remember that everyones body chemistry is different. A brain damaged by alcohol or drugs will play tricks on you. henceforth we come up with brain damage.

  • I think the addict is for the most part, doomed a good bit because of his biological, as well as

    personality, makeup.

    I just don't buy the rationalization that because you can't completely stop a behavior,

    that you should legalize it.

    Sounds like a kid saying "well, you can't totally stop me, so it's okay if I do it"...

    or something... @@

  • I think the addict is for the most part, doomed a good bit because of his biological, as well as

    personality, makeup.

    I just don't buy the rationalization that because you can't completely stop a behavior,

    that you should legalize it.

    Sounds like a kid saying "well, you can't totally stop me, so it's okay if I do it"...

    or something... @@

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think the addict is for the most part, doomed a good bit because of his biological, as well as

    personality, makeup.

    I just don't buy the rationalization that because you can't completely stop a behavior,

    that you should legalize it.

    Sounds like a kid saying "well, you can't totally stop me, so it's okay if I do it"...

    or something... @@

    Thats when you Jap Slap em.

  • Inspecta said: "It should be legal because I'm a freakin' grown man who pays his taxes and works very hard, if I want to roll a joint when I get home from work then I should be able to do so without fear of prosecution. "

    The first sentence is debatable with your behavior in here (drunken tirades, etc.). And you are specifically the type of personality that should not be able to smoke dope or any drug. You have a personality disorder of some type dude.

  • There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

  • By the looks of T's lunatic rambling onthe football side, it looks like he's turned the corner on this weed issue...

  • @inspecta said:

    Yeah I remember that, they also did a study where they found out in Jamaca the rate of cancer is exponentially lower than the rest of the world.

    Plus their pretty untainted from Industry, etc.

  • There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    There are medicinal uses for drugs, but they should not be used for recreation.

  • By the looks of T's lunatic rambling onthe football side, it looks like he's turned the corner on this weed issue...

    mz. said:

    By the looks of T's lunatic rambling onthe football side, it looks like he's turned the corner on this weed issue...

    Are you high again?

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    There are medicinal uses for drugs, but they should not be used for recreation.

    @mr.-t said:

    There are medicinal uses for drugs, but they should not be used for recreation.

    So no more recreational alcohol, tobacco...caffeine?

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    There are medicinal uses for drugs, but they should not be used for recreation.

    @mr.-t said:

    There are medicinal uses for drugs, but they should not be used for recreation.

    If I could 'negative thank' this pathetic post, I would.

    Just because you have issues with something doesn't mean I (or anyone else) should or has to. It's absolutely amazing how you Constitutionalists want to take away people's freedoms at every turn...

    @mr.-t said:

    Are you high again?

    Is "I Love Money 2" on yet?? If not, no. If so, maybe...

  • There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    While not actively killing cancer cells, this article does discuss the psychotropic component (D9-THC) of pot acting as a regulator (negative feedback mechanism) on the enzyme that initiates the metabolism of carcinogens from the tar found in both pot & tobacco smoke. It had always been understood that pot had more tar in its smoke and was therefore more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke. It still does, and still is, but the study provides evidence that the D9-THC acts as a regulator on that enzyme therefore reducing carcinogens and ultimately, the risk of cancer.

    In the present study, tar extracts were prepared from

    marijuana and tobacco cigarettes, analyzed for their composition,

    and evaluated for their ability to induce CYP1A1

    messenger RNA (mRNA) and enzymatic activity. Marijuana

    tar induced greater levels of CYP1A1 mRNA than

    similar amounts of tobacco tar. We found that

    D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D9-THC), the psychotropic component of

    marijuana, was responsible for this extra induction and

    that D 9-THC acted as an independent regulator of CYP1A1.

    If you're worried about the smoke/tar, buy & use a vaporizer. A fantastic little toy courtesy of your local college chemistry department.

  • Everything in moderation boys, but if something is illegal then it is wrong.

    The only thing I am pointing out is the effects that Alcohol & Drugs have on the brain. If you want to become Rain Man help yourself, just dont go to work or drive while useing.

    Here is your PSA

    PSA for Pot Heads you will like this one.

    So there is only one question to ask, Are You a Pot Head Focker?

  • @kosar_for_president said:

    There are actually studies that says weed kills cancer cells or prohibits the growth of new ones, I can't find the article right now. Years ago, my brother never touched weed in his life until he got cancer. Then we toked up every day. Something that can make a sick person feel that much better, should be legal in my book.

    While not actively killing cancer cells, this article does discuss the psychotropic component (D9-THC) of pot acting as a regulator (negative feedback mechanism) on the enzyme that initiates the metabolism of carcinogens from the tar found in both pot & tobacco smoke. It had always been understood that pot had more tar in its smoke and was therefore more carcinogenic than tobacco smoke. It still does, and still is, but the study provides evidence that the D9-THC acts as a regulator on that enzyme therefore reducing carcinogens and ultimately, the risk of cancer.

    In the present study, tar extracts were prepared from

    marijuana and tobacco cigarettes, analyzed for their composition,

    and evaluated for their ability to induce CYP1A1

    messenger RNA (mRNA) and enzymatic activity. Marijuana

    tar induced greater levels of CYP1A1 mRNA than

    similar amounts of tobacco tar. We found that

    D9-tetrahydrocannabinol (D9-THC), the psychotropic component of

    marijuana, was responsible for this extra induction and

    that D 9-THC acted as an independent regulator of CYP1A1.

    If you're worried about the smoke/tar, buy & use a vaporizer. A fantastic little toy courtesy of your local college chemistry department.

    @legacy-fan said:

    If you're worried about the smoke/tar, buy & use a vaporizer. A fantastic little toy courtesy of your local college chemistry department.

    +1 🥷

  • Cut to the real issue here.

    Alcohol is okay. MJ is not.

    MJ contributes to global warming, as does regular cigarrette smoking.

    For each mj cig. smoked, a tiny iceberg melts.

    Liberals are -so- hypocritical.....

  • Cut to the real issue here.

    Alcohol is okay. MJ is not.

    MJ contributes to global warming, as does regular cigarrette smoking.

    For each mj cig. smoked, a tiny iceberg melts.

    Liberals are -so- hypocritical.....

    @calfoxwc said:

    Alcohol is okay. MJ is not.

    Another Constitution-Thumper taking away others' personal freedoms. Yay.

  • Then you ARE for us keeping a bunch of guns then? Cool.

    It's okay to gather in a public place and protest after all? Great.

    Nice that we got this settled.

  • Then you ARE for us keeping a bunch of guns then? Cool.

    It's okay to gather in a public place and protest after all? Great.

    Nice that we got this settled.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Then you ARE for us keeping a bunch of guns then? Cool.

    It's okay to gather in a public place and protest after all? Great.

    Nice that we got this settled.

    Yes, cal. If it were up to me, you could do whatever you like.

  • "sniff"

    that's beautiful, man... "sniff"