Lions to take Stafford
-
And the guys coming out next year make Jackson look like a scrub. Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy had a Maualuga vs. Illinois-type performance in the BCS championship game. And Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh may be better than him.
Jackson just doesn't make sense, especially when we can afford to wait a year before adding another starting DE.
-
You may get your Curry wish after all, Alo. It's looking more likely now than it has in weeks.
-
Still nothing from ESPN.
-
Here's something:
Source: Lions have a deal with Curry if Stafford doesn't sign soon
Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com reports according to a league source, the Detroit Lions have completed contract terms with Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry and the team is now waiting to see if it can reach an agreement with their No. 1 target, Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford. The source said the Lions will not allow a decision to go beyond Friday and if a deal isn't done with Stafford by then, the team will sign Curry and take him with the first overall draft pick.
-
This seems like smoke to me. Just a kick in the pants for Stafford's team.
-
Yeah, but it's a smart kick in the pants. Staford isn't worth the pick if he holds out, period, Hell, I don't even think he is worth the pick,
Curry may very well end up here, no doubt in my mind. There is also no doubt in my mind they don't lay a hand on Tyson Jackson, no way in hell. They've got Williams and Robaire so it is not a position of dire need and he is not close to being the BPA there. I think they like Maclin like I said last week and I think they will never pick him at five barring some shuffling via trade. I'd guess Raji, Orakpo and Jenkins as a possibility, although I want no part of Jenkins at 5.
Thinking I have a clue how these guys think, I would say the other option would be an OT to round out the line and then grab your center in round two. I'm almost positive they have resigned themselves to taking a WR in the late first/second round range. I think they want to build from the inside out and defense, which is probably pretty smart.
-
Yeah, but it's a smart kick in the pants. Staford isn't worth the pick if he holds out, period, Hell, I don't even think he is worth the pick,
Curry may very well end up here, no doubt in my mind. There is also no doubt in my mind they don't lay a hand on Tyson Jackson, no way in hell. They've got Williams and Robaire so it is not a position of dire need and he is not close to being the BPA there. I think they like Maclin like I said last week and I think they will never pick him at five barring some shuffling via trade. I'd guess Raji, Orakpo and Jenkins as a possibility, although I want no part of Jenkins at 5.
Thinking I have a clue how these guys think, I would say the other option would be an OT to round out the line and then grab your center in round two. I'm almost positive they have resigned themselves to taking a WR in the late first/second round range. I think they want to build from the inside out and defense, which is probably pretty smart.
-
Yeah, but it's a smart kick in the pants. Staford isn't worth the pick if he holds out, period, Hell, I don't even think he is worth the pick,
Curry may very well end up here, no doubt in my mind. There is also no doubt in my mind they don't lay a hand on Tyson Jackson, no way in hell. They've got Williams and Robaire so it is not a position of dire need and he is not close to being the BPA there. I think they like Maclin like I said last week and I think they will never pick him at five barring some shuffling via trade. I'd guess Raji, Orakpo and Jenkins as a possibility, although I want no part of Jenkins at 5.
Thinking I have a clue how these guys think, I would say the other option would be an OT to round out the line and then grab your center in round two. I'm almost positive they have resigned themselves to taking a WR in the late first/second round range. I think they want to build from the inside out and defense, which is probably pretty smart.
I think they like Maclin like I said last week and I think they will never pick him at five barring some shuffling via trade.
Ya know Riff, this wouldn't shock me at all.
If they don't move Edwards and throw Maclin in at a slot a times next to BE....Whoa! I'd hate to defend that.
Whoever the third WR would be opposite of those two on the other side should have a field day with man coverage.
-
I think they like Maclin like I said last week and I think they will never pick him at five barring some shuffling via trade.
Ya know Riff, this wouldn't shock me at all.
If they don't move Edwards and throw Maclin in at a slot a times next to BE....Whoa! I'd hate to defend that.
Whoever the third WR would be opposite of those two on the other side should have a field day with man coverage.
Ya know Riff, this wouldn't shock me at all.
If they don't move Edwards and throw Maclin in at a slot a times next to BE....Whoa! I'd hate to defend that.
Whoever the third WR would be opposite of those two on the other side should have a field day with man coverage.
I will add this here as it pertains to this subject line
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/...aron_curry.html
Source: Lions have Aaron Curry in fold if Matthew Stafford doesn't sign soon
by Tom Kowalski
According to a league source, the Detroit Lions have completed contract terms with Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry and the team is now waiting to see if it can reach an agreement with their No. 1 target, Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford.
The source said the Lions will not allow a decision to go beyond Friday and if a deal isn't done with Stafford by then, the team will sign Curry and take him with the first overall draft pick.
The source said he believes that Stafford's agent, Tom Condon, will eventually agree to a deal with the Lions but probably won't do it until it gets closer to the Friday deadline.
The price of the contract can only go up in the final hours so Condon likely will push the issue as far as he feels he has something to gain.
The Lions, according to the source, aren't budging and are just waiting to see if Stafford accepts their deal before they move to Curry. The Lions have been adamant that they want to get their draft pick signed before the draft starts at 4 p.m. Saturday.
-
And the guys coming out next year make Jackson look like a scrub. Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy had a Maualuga vs. Illinois-type performance in the BCS championship game. And Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh may be better than him.
Jackson just doesn't make sense, especially when we can afford to wait a year before adding another starting DE.
Aloysius said:
And the guys coming out next year make Jackson look like a scrub. Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy had a Maualuga vs. Illinois-type performance in the BCS championship game. And Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh may be better than him.Jackson just doesn't make sense, especially when we can afford to wait a year before adding another starting DE.
Amen to this....We could see as many as 12 to 14 DE's and DT's taken in the first round next year. The draft is loaded with them. (A few of those DE's will be 3-4 OLB's)
McCoy is a top ten pick. The guy I love if he leaves early is the Marsh kid from Florida. He's a physical freak and a perfect 3-4 DT.
It makes your choice of Orakpo this year all the more likely and sensible. It also makes the choice of Raji highly unlikely.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login