Skip to content

Trent Dilfer rips Cleveland and the Browns organization

The Browns Board
25 18 2.1k
  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #12

    He just repeated himself on MNF Countdown. I'm sure he's a brilliant man, what with his Hall of Fame credentials, but you don't bench your QB if you're a bad team?! And yes, that is a direct quotation.

    In fairness, the numerous bad teams that have benched him might have had an effect on his analysis, but still.

    Dennis

    Geez Shep, getting drafted in the first round qualifies you to be a top-notch analyst now, too?

  • L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    They replay it on Espn.com on the little sidebar.

    Trent sounds pissed, but ESPN seriously should make people watch all of the games before they comment. Dildofer - under 50% completion does not mean you 'regularly see Anderson completing passes'. I can tell he watched some highlights and that's it.

    He's still pissed that he got benched for Charlie Frye.

  • listercatL listercat wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I could care less about what anyone at ESPN has to say...they are all a bunch of tools

    Berman's act is SO old with his constant WHOOP....WHOOP or that other fool who talks about the cooler side of the pillow...bunch of a-holes

    I will stick with my DirecTV and NFL Ticket as well as NFL Network

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I know our organization has sucked and is struggling to end the suckitude, BUT FCUK Trent Dilfer!

    That guy is a douche and his ovaries got hurt when he sucked so bad he got junked for Chuck Frye of all people.

    Screw him and his SB MVP. He's a never was.

    Doug

  • SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    ESPN sucks nowadays, the should call themselves the overplayed, worn out, cliche network. Also way too biased towards certain teams (Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys).

  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I agree, Shep. I backed DA for a long time--longer than most--because a) if he played well, the Browns won, and 😎 I like a good story and dislike Notre Dame, so keeping Footlong Boy on the bench was a win-win.

    Was DA an upgrade over Frye? Without question. However, at the end of the day he just wasn't getting the job done. He did a nice job of doing the Wayne Fontes/Mike Tice thing, stringing together a good game or two when it came time to save his job. In fact, I would have gone so far as to say that he would have probably thrown for 400 yards and 5 TDs against the Broncos with the wolves at his door this week. But at the end of the day, he just couldn't play well enough, consistently enough to keep the starting job.

    Is Quinn the answer? Who knows? But it's worth a shot at this point.

    As both a Vols fan and a Browns fan, it's been an interesting day, to say the least.

    Dennis

    Take heart, DA lovers--he was just about to turn the corner when he was cruelly pulled. For Quinn lovers, if he sucks on Thursday you can still whine that if the move was made sooner, he would have gotten into the flow sooner. God, I hate all of you people so much.

  • Dan in FloridaD Dan in Florida wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Hey,

    I'm starting the Ken Dorsey fan club...screw all you DA & BQ Homos!

    10732.act.jpg

  • SoCalBrownsFanS SoCalBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #19

    \ said:

    \ said:

    God, I hate all of you people so much.

    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

    Dency, get some therapy, maybe Dr. Phil can help. icon_lol.gif

  • FurnierF Furnier wrote on last edited by
    #20

    \ said:

    Hey,

    I'm starting the Ken Dorsey fan club...screw all you DA & BQ Homos!

    10732.act.jpg

    Dorsey Roolz!

    If we aren't leading at halftime Thursday, yank Quinn and get the Ken man in there!

    DWJ

  • G GoatInDaDawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #21
    lumanddilfnw9.png
  • J JC wrote on last edited by
    #22

    \ said:

    \ said:

    \ said:

    God, I hate all of you people so much.

    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

    Dency, get some therapy, maybe Dr. Phil can help. icon_lol.gif

    Too true, SoCal. Dency does need some therapy...perhaps in the form a big-breasted blonde with a very tolerant gag reflex.

    icon_e_wink.gif

  • Dan in FloridaD Dan in Florida wrote on last edited by
    #23

    \ said:

    Too true, SoCal. Dency does need some therapy...perhaps in the form a big-breasted blonde with a very tolerant gag reflex.

    icon_e_wink.gif

    Dr. Dan to the rescue...I found the girl:

    7696-pamela-anderson.jpg

  • G Greythan wrote on last edited by
    #24
    Dilfer is right, the organization folded to the fans. Not a good sign for the future of the club.

    Just like you rip Shep for relying on the guys at OBR, why would you put any credence in Dilfer?

    Lum, post us the link to Savage/RAC's quotes on the matter as you usually do. We can then all rip the Browns for making the change due to fan pressure. Hell, you can start the bonfire and I'll bring the marshmellows.

    Fraud.

  • WVBrownsfanW WVBrownsfan wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Dilfer's just trying to make a name for himself as an analyst by making a bold statement like that. Hopefully BQ will do well and ol Trent will have to eat crow, that ex-Raven bastard.