B.J. RAJI highlights
-
@inspecta said:
I like his quickness off the ball, and his strength seems to be above average.Call me crazy, but he could possibly play DE for us....
I think so too. I don't believe for a second that he's any slower than Corey Williams or Shaun Smith. That first step of his is very quick.
-
Quickness off the snap doesn't mean a guy can play five technique. Raji's not the kind of guy who can move down the line, change direction, then make a tackle like a 3-4 DE has to do.
He's great at using his quickness off the snap to penetrate upfield or push the pocket, which makes him a better fit at 4-3 DT or 3-4 NT.
-
He gets off blocks extremely well, so putting him in a 3-4 were you want to eat up blockers instead of shedding them would go against his strengths. He reminds me of a Warren Sapp type, He'll make tackles in the backfield and rush the passer in a 4-3 but dont think his style of play fits a 3-4 in my opinion
-
I think Raji is an outstanding pick for our versatile 3-4.
The more we play Rogers and Raji, the more free room we have for Hall and Wimbley to rush the passer. We already have a great tackler in D'qwell to flow to the ball.
It's less of a traditional fit for a team that runs a 3-4..But we have seen traditional get blown out of the water with Crennel and the previous uncreative regimes.
-
I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!
Here's why...
The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.
Mike
-
I think Raji is an outstanding pick for our versatile 3-4.
The more we play Rogers and Raji, the more free room we have for Hall and Wimbley to rush the passer. We already have a great tackler in D'qwell to flow to the ball.
It's less of a traditional fit for a team that runs a 3-4..But we have seen traditional get blown out of the water with Crennel and the previous uncreative regimes.
I think Raji is an outstanding pick for our versatile 3-4.
The more we play Rogers and Raji, the more free room we have for Hall and Wimbley to rush the passer. We already have a great tackler in D'qwell to flow to the ball.
It's less of a traditional fit for a team that runs a 3-4..But we have seen traditional get blown out of the water with Crennel and the previous uncreative regimes.
Excellent post.
I don't see why Raji or Rogers (or both) couldn't fit in at 3-4 DE. I mean, we're not talking Ted Washington here.....
-
If we were going to draft a NT and put Rogers at DE we could get much more value by taking Raji's teamate Ron Brace early in the 2nd round. At 6'3" 330 he's ideal size and cant be moved with a mack truck, then we can get more value out of our 5th pick by taking a rush OLB.
-
This is why I don't have a problem with drafting the highest-rated DT in the draft (assuming Curry is off the board):
1) He's the best player at a position of need
2) He's not a reach
3) He has versatility. He's not a nose tackle or a defensive end. He's a nose tackle AND a defensive end in a 3-4.
4) If Mangini didn't already believe he could make it work with both Rogers and Raji, then Raji wouldn't even be considered.
5) When in doubt, take the surest player to fill a position of need. There are too many doubts about Orakpo and others. The only thing about Raji was the pot, and even that was B.S.
-
If we take him, Rogers is going to DE.
Rogers has unreal lateral mobility for a man his size. We all watched him make plays outside the box last year. I don't think Rogers is limited by ability, only attitude. (Please understand this Mangenius.)
-
I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!
Here's why...
The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.
Mike
I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!
Here's why...
The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.
Mike
Umm, perhaps you shyould read up on how the pot charges were wrong my man. Matter of fact, Raji's mom is a Pastor and he was horribly embarrassed by the erroneous reports.
Character problems have been wiped off the books with Raji, he is no Pocket Change Warren.
-
I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this, but I DO NOT want Raji!!!
Here's why...
The guy at Boston College, playing to work his way into a big NFL deal couldn't stay away from pot smoking when it may have cost him big money. What do you think will happen after he GETS the big money? I question his character AND his intelligence. Send him to the Bengals. IMO he'll be a big waste of talent & money....too big of a risk.
Mike
Umm, perhaps you shyould read up on how the pot charges were wrong my man. Matter of fact, Raji's mom is a Pastor and he was horribly embarrassed by the erroneous reports.
Character problems have been wiped off the books with Raji, he is no Pocket Change Warren.
Umm, perhaps you shyould read up on how the pot charges were wrong my man. Matter of fact, Raji's mom is a Pastor and he was horribly embarrassed by the erroneous reports.
Character problems have been wiped off the books with Raji, he is no Pocket Change Warren.
I apologize, especially since I detest rumors & gossip & there I was, posting same as if it were fact. Pretty stupid on my part. My only excuse is that I have been too busy lately to stay on top of things.
With that issue proven wrong, he would certainly not be a poor choice.
Mike
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login