Skip to content

Upcoming movies/TV shows you're looking forward to

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
49 10 3.4k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Not sure if I've mentioned these before or if you get all of them over there, shows getting ready for a new season later this year or early next:

    Humans - android servants with fully functioning AI are all the norm, but in the AI code of a few of them, spread across the country, is the capacity for true humanity.

    Fortitude - set in a very remote norwegian island, there's very strange stuff going on. The ice melting reveals an old 'something' - plague, pestilence, something like that

    Grand tour - I know you got the biritsh Top Gear, and the three main guys from that show left (after one was fired for punching a lackey), and were signed by Amazon Prime with a new show coming

    Lucifer - another amazon prime show, based on the comics, about the devil who got bored being the lord of hell and wanted to just come to earth and live like a human. He ends up helping the police catch bad guys, because 'people need to be punished' but ends up becoming too human

    Modern Family - keeps going strong. Very strange seeing the kids that were 10 now 18 but that's time.

    Silicon Valley - if you're at all a tech geek like me this is a fantastic show.

  • CowsrusC Cowsrus wrote on last edited by
    #17

    1) Lucifer

    2) AHS American Horror Story

    3) Last Man On Earth

    4) Expedition Unknown

    5) The Goldbergs

    6) The Middle

    7) Bob's Burgers

    😎 Hell's Kitchen

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

    i watched designated surivor with jack bower it was good could be predictable have to see how it go,s

  • New HBO series that has caught my eye is High Maintenance. Stories around a weed runner in NYC...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

    New HBO series that has caught my eye is High Maintenance. Stories around a weed runner in NYC...

    Nothing like I thought it would be, but I am very pleased so far with this series. The Weedrunner is more the thread stringing together weekly vignettes than a "main character". While humorous it is not really a comedy.

    A couple weeks ago they did a story of a dog falling in love with his dogwalker. I thought was a brilliant bit of filmmaking.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    westworld wasnt sure after the first show but after watching the 2nd week,Damn it's only goping to get better and better

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #21

    We will probably start that when I finish season 4 of Ray Donovan. It's pretty fucking depressing though.

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    WSS

  • We will probably start that when I finish season 4 of Ray Donovan. It's pretty fucking depressing though.

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @westside-steve said:

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

    That's what I am hearing.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #24

    So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

  • So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @gftchris said:

    So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

    Just an anecdote I found amusing. Back in the late sixties some friends and I or working at a bake sale to raise money for the prom. It was almost over and a small boy who looked a little bit like Dennis the Menace came up and asked what we had. My buddy Barbara from the Pep Squad pointed at one of our items and said 'this is good if you like pound cake.' The little fellow replied with a straight face 'shit's good if you like shit.'

    That's not a commentary on the show just a story I thought was cute.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

  • I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gftchris said:

    I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

    Ha

    I usually love those things. Looking forward to the post apocalypse. I used to like the graphic comic Magazine heavy metal which had a lot of that stuff.

    🙂

    But I just thought the story was funny.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Give it a shot then. The premise is, it's essentially a modern day billionaire's theme park, where instead of 'rides' it's an old 'wild' west town. There are hundreds of robot actors that just work through a loop unless someone interacts with them, and then they go along with that. Including bars, hookers, outlaws, bounty hunts, things like that. Guests can't be killed in the park (apparently...not sure how, yet), but can 'kill' the robots.

    It's quite neat, and as you'd expect with this genre, there's the theme of 'hey, the robots are doing small things we didn't tell them to and it's getting more noticeable every week" and a sub plot of "wait a minute, there's more to this world than we expected" - the usual stuff, but then the story is 40+ years old.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Like I said it's on my list right after season 4 of Ray Donovan. Either Westworld or the John tuturro thing but they're both in the Queue

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    New series of not-top-gear (aka Grand Tour) has started, episode one on amazon as of today. Happy camper.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

  • I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    Didn't realise humans was on amazon prime now. It's a channel 4 show, the first series was a year ago and the second is airing now. Watched the first, it's a bit twisty and unnecessarily so sometimes but an interesting concept, of sentient android 'home help' that is discovering consciousness along the way. Decent, not unmissable.

  • I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #33

    @westside-steve said:

    1. I finished the night of and loved it.
    2. I think Westworld will be next up.
    1. told ya...
    2. Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...

    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.

  • @westside-steve said:

    1. I finished the night of and loved it.
    2. I think Westworld will be next up.
    1. told ya...
    2. Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...

    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    • told ya...
    • Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...
    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.
    I've been told it takes a couple of episodes before Westworld grabs you. Same thing with Breaking Bad for me. After episode three I was hooked. I still recommend Glenn Close Damages highly.

    Could not get beyond episode 1 season 2 True Detective though.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    I'll keep Damages in mind...

    Meanwhile was scrolling down my recording list last nite and saw a folder I'd forgotten about... Mr. Robot Season 3. That'll be up next for us.