Skip to content

Upcoming movies/TV shows you're looking forward to

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
49 10 3.4k
  • We will probably start that when I finish season 4 of Ray Donovan. It's pretty fucking depressing though.

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @westside-steve said:

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

  • @westside-steve said:

    Or maybe the HBO lawyer series starring John Turturro.

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tour2ma said:

    That would be The Night Of...

    Best thing I have watched in a long time...

    That's what I am hearing.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #24

    So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

  • So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @gftchris said:

    So Westworld has started and it's pretty good if you like that kind of thing.

    Just an anecdote I found amusing. Back in the late sixties some friends and I or working at a bake sale to raise money for the prom. It was almost over and a small boy who looked a little bit like Dennis the Menace came up and asked what we had. My buddy Barbara from the Pep Squad pointed at one of our items and said 'this is good if you like pound cake.' The little fellow replied with a straight face 'shit's good if you like shit.'

    That's not a commentary on the show just a story I thought was cute.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

  • I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gftchris said:

    I like that.

    What I mean is, if you like dystopian and/or AI things, this is pretty good.

    Ha

    I usually love those things. Looking forward to the post apocalypse. I used to like the graphic comic Magazine heavy metal which had a lot of that stuff.

    🙂

    But I just thought the story was funny.

    WSS

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Give it a shot then. The premise is, it's essentially a modern day billionaire's theme park, where instead of 'rides' it's an old 'wild' west town. There are hundreds of robot actors that just work through a loop unless someone interacts with them, and then they go along with that. Including bars, hookers, outlaws, bounty hunts, things like that. Guests can't be killed in the park (apparently...not sure how, yet), but can 'kill' the robots.

    It's quite neat, and as you'd expect with this genre, there's the theme of 'hey, the robots are doing small things we didn't tell them to and it's getting more noticeable every week" and a sub plot of "wait a minute, there's more to this world than we expected" - the usual stuff, but then the story is 40+ years old.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Like I said it's on my list right after season 4 of Ray Donovan. Either Westworld or the John tuturro thing but they're both in the Queue

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #30

    New series of not-top-gear (aka Grand Tour) has started, episode one on amazon as of today. Happy camper.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31

    I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

  • I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    Didn't realise humans was on amazon prime now. It's a channel 4 show, the first series was a year ago and the second is airing now. Watched the first, it's a bit twisty and unnecessarily so sometimes but an interesting concept, of sentient android 'home help' that is discovering consciousness along the way. Decent, not unmissable.

  • I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

    Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

    I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #33

    @westside-steve said:

    1. I finished the night of and loved it.
    2. I think Westworld will be next up.
    1. told ya...
    2. Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...

    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.

  • @westside-steve said:

    1. I finished the night of and loved it.
    2. I think Westworld will be next up.
    1. told ya...
    2. Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...

    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    • told ya...
    • Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...
    On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.
    I've been told it takes a couple of episodes before Westworld grabs you. Same thing with Breaking Bad for me. After episode three I was hooked. I still recommend Glenn Close Damages highly.

    Could not get beyond episode 1 season 2 True Detective though.

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    I'll keep Damages in mind...

    Meanwhile was scrolling down my recording list last nite and saw a folder I'd forgotten about... Mr. Robot Season 3. That'll be up next for us.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #36

    So I'm guessing you liked the first two seasons...

    WSS

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Season 1... bigly. S2? Somewhat...

    More or less the same pattern as Halt and Catch Fire... so I have hope for S3.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #38

    New addition to my list...

    Taboo... coming to FX (or FXX) in January. Hard to tell what it's about from the promos so far... witchcraft... Gothic horror... other... but it's starring Tom Hardy, so I'm in.

    DVR is already set.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Tom Hardy is one of the best in the business. FX usually puts out a pretty interesting series.

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Upcoming movies anticipated?: Rogue One.

    The thing about this movie, is that it tells the story, apparently of the very first thing that any of us ever saw in the Star Wars Universe:

    The story of the rebel spies who stole the plans of the Death Star, mentioned in the very first two paragraphs at the beginning of the scroll at the start of the Star Wars movie going back to 1977.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Yeah I guess a lot of people are bigger Star Wars fans than I have been.

    WSS