Best Songs by One Hit Wonders
-
-
Ah! Leah! is a favorite of mine
-
"Best" is highly debateable. Here's some I like:
-
-
-
-
Space hog is cool like that song it means a lot to me.
-
I miss the 90s so goddamn bad. -
"One said:
Space hog is cool like that song it means a lot to me.
I used to jam with a guy from space hog named Anthony in new york once in a while.
-
-
"One said:
Space hog is cool like that song it means a lot to me.
I used to jam with a guy from space hog named Anthony in new york once in a while.
Very cool. Ya I like them.I used to jam with a guy from space hog named Anthony in new york once in a while.
-
Love sugarloaf - they had another song named "Dont call us" too that was pretty good -
heres my 70s radio hit- I think it was a one hit wonder too?
xylophone guy just shreds.... well in xylophone fashion
-
VH-1's list of Top 25 One Hit Wonders. Some good songs.
One in particular had perhaps my favorite video of all time:
-
-
Well in ain't In the Year 2525 by Zager and Evans... or Eve of Destruction...
So many "novelty" hits, (Alley Oop, Monster Mash, etc.) that they deserve their own category.
I love this one.. its just uber cool!
Sugarloaf had something there... great "sound"...
First to come to my mind: Blues Image's Ride Captain Ride...
But one that I listen to a lot is Dee-Lite's Groove is in the Heart... Far from a techno-pop guy, but I bought their CD World Clique out of a cut out bin and it's a flat out fun CD. I've started "road trips" with it for years since it wards off speeding tickets. Stupidstition? Absolutely, but first time I did it I was pulled over and only given a verbal warning... a first for me.
The Knack's My Sharonna was catchy... Cossell doomed the group calling them "the next Beatles" on his (thankfully) short-lived variety show, "Saturday Night Live". He beat SNL to the name... that's why Chevy's intro was always "Live from New York... It's Saturday Night!"
Old one I loved was The Cyrcle's Red Rubber Ball... kinda Up with People-ish, but WTF...
Buffalo Springfield only had one, For What It's Worth... may have impacted me the most of the OHW's...
The longest one has to be MacArthur Park "sung" by Richard Harris...
So many... so little time...
-
I don't think that For What It's worth was Buffalo Springfield's only hit song. Need to check.
Well, That is the only song of their's that hit the Top Ten. A couple of others hit Top 50. Their albums also were not Top Sellers at the time.
But their influence as we know was beyond the pale. They are in the RRHOF....and you don't get there without being well respected.
-
-
Richard Harris had a minor hit with Didn't We and a big one with My Boy.
WSS
-
-
Well it was in the top 50, he has four songs in the top 100.
WSS
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
