Browns OLB's have three career sacks
-
-
It's not so much optimism as it is "reality". We don't have a bevy of talent on defense (total shocker, I know). We're going to need at least another draft and round of free agents before we can start to consistently improve. We need some young bucks to show up in a big way, and show up early. It can happen. I'm not saying it WILL, but it can. Look at the production that Orchard, Ogbah, and Nassib had in college. They can obviously play the game, but they will now have to play it a MUCH higher level. We basically need to nail this recent draft, and if we did, maybe we can play a bit better than many of us think. We always say that the preseason is garbage and you can't take much from what you see, so let's try to keep that in mind.
Maybe we were just dogging it in preseason so we can surprise everybody week 1! LOL
-
-
Do I detect a note of optimism?
Well....I certainly dont think "every" player sucks....and I AM STILL A HUGE FAN(hence my anger, instead of apathy).....none the less, it is hope, more than anything....
Campbell & Orchard have had my attention since they were drafted and feel like they'll be OK....Kirksey too, slowly but surely getting better as well......Ogbah wasnt one who excited me before the draft(or anybody else here, I might add), but now that he's a Brown, he will get the same support Ive always given our rookies......as long as he's not an asshole drunken midget, Im good!
LOL! Mud is slooooooooowwwwwwly catching the first game fever.

I always have game fever......mad or not, wouldnt miss a snap.....
-
-
I'm glad we have a young and hungry LB crew. I think they'll improve every game.
Question- do they keep Scooby? I hope so, the guy is a throwback, knows how to tackle.
I'm glad we have a young and hungry LB crew. I think they'll improve every game.
Question- do they keep Scooby? I hope so, the guy is a throwback, knows how to tackle.
That inside-linebacker room has some tough cuts coming up.
Tuggle looked good last night, but I think he is last man out as you gotta keep Scooby for potential and heart, and Carder for experience and special teams.
Z
-
Armonty is done as an nfl player. And even if he was here for camp and at 100% he wasnt give but maybe one or teo more sacks then kruger.
Armonty is done as an nfl player. And even if he was here for camp and at 100% he wasnt give but maybe one or teo more sacks then kruger.
Played pretty well last night. Had two batted down balls in a row.
On another note, just read Mingo had two forced fumbles last night....
-
Armonty is done as an nfl player. And even if he was here for camp and at 100% he wasnt give but maybe one or teo more sacks then kruger.
Played pretty well last night. Had two batted down balls in a row.
On another note, just read Mingo had two forced fumbles last night....
On another note, just read Mingo had two forced fumbles last night....
I watched much of the game and saw both.
To characterize the first as "forced" is a bit generous. NYG runner was going to ground and extended arm and ball away from his body. Mingo's hand brushed the ball as he dove onto the falling RB.
Other one was a blindside of NYG QB rolling left, away from Mingo. QB had slowed and was turning to throw when Mingo arrived and cleanly swiped the ball out. Really bad choice by a backup QB that Mingo capitalized on. "Forced" is far more applicable here.
Regardless Mingo was hustling like a player who just got a 2nd chance at a career.
-
Any see this about Mingo. Two forced fumbles in a row...
As for our D, it's a live growing experiment right now. We're going to take it on the chin, but hopefully, our Offense will give us something to cheer for.
-
Oggie and Orchard will get after the QB better than Kruger and will cover and tackle better too ... so...
Nassib and Schobert will bring the heat too, and if Bryant goes back in there after 4 games it'll be a big boost, he plays mean.
Did having Paul Kruger starting really give comfort to anybody? He was just in these guys' way.
Paul gave good effort, I'm not going to beseech him for that. But he was unproductive on a bad contract ... you guys know how the NFL works, right?
Zombo
Zombo said:
Oggie and Orchard will get after the QB better than Kruger and will cover and tackle better too ... so...
Nassib and Schobert will bring the heat too, and if Bryant goes back in there after 4 games it'll be a big boost, he plays mean.
Did having Paul Kruger starting really give comfort to anybody? He was just in these guys' way.
Paul gave good effort, I'm not going to beseech him for that. But he was unproductive on a bad contract ... you guys know how the NFL works, right?
Zombo
Thatta boy! Doing old school proud since 1999!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login