Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
97 27 3.2k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #9

    My Dish network channel 5 ABC channel guide says from 8-10 is Battle Bots!!! And from 10-11 is Match Game!!! Hmmm ?? is this a new strategy,I'm not aware of!???✌

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #10

    well, I guarantee a victory - Thanks to Canton Mike - my Wonderfut Cute Wife and I are

    going to the game !

    I'll see to it, just to get some outrageous positive talk going on this board !

  • How do you go 10 years without playing someone in your league? That's ridiculous.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #11

    @wargograw said:

    How do you go 10 years without playing someone in your league? That's ridiculous.

    Yea, somehow that may not be right. After all, there is an every four year round robin on playing the divisions in the other conference.

    Yea, OK, so, in checking......he is wrong. Browns played Bears in 2009, lost 30-6. And again in 2013. Lost 38-31

    And they are actually 9-6 against the Bears head to head. The last Browns win was that 2005 20-10 game.

    (maybe that is what he meant....not last game played....last win)

  • How do you go 10 years without playing someone in your league? That's ridiculous.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @wargograw said:

    How do you go 10 years without playing someone in your league? That's ridiculous.

    That's the last time we won. We've played them twice since then. Every four years.

    Z

  • You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

    Yup- probably why Vegas has the Browns favored by 5. Agreed to have Gordon out there- at least for one (maybe two) series. Considering how bad we've looked in the first three games, a confidence boost is in order. Maybe a fan boost. I predict the stands are going to be pretty empty tonight.

  • @tour2ma said:

    You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

    Yup- probably why Vegas has the Browns favored by 5. Agreed to have Gordon out there- at least for one (maybe two) series. Considering how bad we've looked in the first three games, a confidence boost is in order. Maybe a fan boost. I predict the stands are going to be pretty empty tonight.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @hoorta said:

    I predict the stands are going to be pretty empty tonight.

    I'm getting that vibe based on what I've seen downtown so far today - basically nothing.

  • You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    You play Josh to give him more reasons to behave off... sometimes you need a sip of water to understand just how thirsty you are.

    As for playing starters in general... Personally I think Hue simply wants a "W"... he and the team badly need something positive to take into the season.

    Had this same thought all day. If JT don't play I think it will be Josh due to protection issues already..RG3 has shown if he is protected he has options. Don't even think Hue wants to show the underneath game yet. Josh as we know needs time with the ones cause RG3 may just have that dumb ineffective game in him & there is no better time to showcase Josh than Now..As for Gordo, hell yea he plays, he's got 6 weeks to recover from getting suspended 4 more games just for Roger can think he can hang out with team. Another suspension was just a Roger pacifier, if you ask me..Roger & Refs just hate Orange & Brown..

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    On my commute home this afternoon, I stopped in Brook Park for some gas.

    Who did I see at the ice cream stand? None other than Justin Gilbert in his Ferarri.

    Last time I saw him outside of the stadium was when he put his Dodge Charger in the ditch.

    His contract must've enabled him to get a more expensive car...I hope he gave up the tobacco.

  • BrownsKiddB BrownsKidd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    How is this game not on TV?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #18

    Cuts at DB, WR & RB just got tuff..OUT TONIGHT---- CB-T.Caldwell,J.Gilbert,T.Howard----WR-Ricardo Lewis, Marlon Moore(hip)? & RB-Raheem Mostert out Tonight

  • Cuts at DB, WR & RB just got tuff..OUT TONIGHT---- CB-T.Caldwell,J.Gilbert,T.Howard----WR-Ricardo Lewis, Marlon Moore(hip)? & RB-Raheem Mostert out Tonight

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gumby73 said:

    Cuts at DB, WR & RB just got tuff..OUT TONIGHT---- CB-T.Caldwell,J.Gilbert,T.Howard----WR-Ricardo Lewis, Marlon Moore(hip)? & RB-Raheem Mostert out Tonight

    Maybe they will all just be out...as in waived out.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Cuts at DB, WR & RB just got tuff..OUT TONIGHT---- CB-T.Caldwell,J.Gilbert,T.Howard----WR-Ricardo Lewis, Marlon Moore(hip)? & RB-Raheem Mostert out Tonight

    Maybe they will all just be out...as in waived out.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    ...as in waving am out. cause i can't count $$ that high

    No, that's Bosa

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #21

    In the FYI department. .....

    BROWNS -6 favorite opened -3 favorite, o/u 37. Yes they have lines in preseason, the BROWNS are 0-3 ATS so far. 😉

    vegasinsider.com

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #22

    so whats happening ? i gotta know man the suspence is killing me

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Great pressure from Nassib and Oggie, sack by oggie kills the first Bear drive

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Grif too high on a throw to CC on 3rd and short ends the first drive 3 and out

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Griffin overthrows Coleman and it was OVER thrown, terrible throw

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #26

    do the bears have any of their starters in ?

  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by TypicalBrowns
    #27

    Not thinking so, they may have one to two in but not as many as the Browns do