Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 2016 Draft Picks

2016 Draft Picks

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
21 Posts 14 Posters 986 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 959 Reputation
    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

    MudflyM OsirisO 2 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Zombo Z
      • 8k Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Coleman and Ogbah are starters.

      Nassib and Kindred will be key contributors.

      Schobert will be a role player, Scooby will be a special teamer.

      The rest are works in progress ... Not ready for primetime.

      Z

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • darren15D darren15

        How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

        Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 7k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @darren15 said:

        How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

        Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

        Nassib had some moments......

        But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

        To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

        Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

        Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

        hoortaH 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
          • 64k Posts
          • 8k Reputation
          C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Kindred is ready for primetime - he'll become a star.

          Kessler isn't ready. Coleman missed serious time, is catching up.

          He'll be ready for primetime soon.

          The offense hasn't come together yet. Higgins is ready for primetime.

          Payton, imho, is definately a keeper, too. The Browns have release kruger....

          and they signed Paea, big DE/DT. Maybe a signal that the Browns know

          that the 4-3 is going to help them win some games ?

          T 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • C calfoxwc

            Kindred is ready for primetime - he'll become a star.

            Kessler isn't ready. Coleman missed serious time, is catching up.

            He'll be ready for primetime soon.

            The offense hasn't come together yet. Higgins is ready for primetime.

            Payton, imho, is definately a keeper, too. The Browns have release kruger....

            and they signed Paea, big DE/DT. Maybe a signal that the Browns know

            that the 4-3 is going to help them win some games ?

            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @calfoxwc said:

            and they signed Paea, big DE/DT. Maybe a signal that the Browns know

            that the 4-3 is going to help them win some games ?

            My hopeful thoughts exactly when I saw we picked him up. For the Browns sake let this be true.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • MudflyM Mudfly

              @darren15 said:

              How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

              Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

              Nassib had some moments......

              But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

              To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

              Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

              Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

              hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 20k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mudfly said:

              Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

              Nassib had some moments......

              But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

              To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

              Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

              Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

              Gee, don't you know you're taking the Happy Train off the tracks being objective? Let's be real. Kessler stunk in preseason #4. Coleman has been invisible. I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

              Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hoortaH hoorta

                @mudfly said:

                Based upon preseason play, Id say none stood out as sure fire starters/star types....

                Nassib had some moments......

                But based upon the games, I think the rookie that "played the best" was Kindred, followed by Alexander......

                To me, the 4 receivers have been a major disappointment, so far......actually haven't done a thing......and Coleman showed some of those bad hands and the inability to go up high for balls, as I was mentioning(and getting blasted for) previously....1 catch - 10 yds so far....

                Ogbah looks ok too....big and strong, no doubt.....so he'll be starting and, hopefully, developing.....but I think him and Nassib will add a few sacks to our total.....

                Kessler and Coleman(ol) have also been kinda bad.....so, there's a couple 3rds that probably wont help us much(now, or ever?)...

                Gee, don't you know you're taking the Happy Train off the tracks being objective? Let's be real. Kessler stunk in preseason #4. Coleman has been invisible. I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

                Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                • 30k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @hoorta said:

                I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

                Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                hoortaH gumby73G 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                  @hoorta said:

                  I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

                  Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                  Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                  Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                  I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                  Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                  hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 20k Posts
                  • 5k Reputation
                  hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @tour2ma said:

                  Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                  Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                  Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                  I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                  Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                  Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                  sydS Tour2maT T 3 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hoortaH hoorta

                    @tour2ma said:

                    Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                    Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                    Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                    I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                    Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                    Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                    syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 7k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @hoorta said:

                    Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                    or just to prove how smart they are

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • hoortaH hoorta

                      @tour2ma said:

                      Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                      Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                      Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                      I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                      Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                      Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                      Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                      • 30k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Nah.... not buying that at all. See below...

                      @hoorta said:

                      Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                      h, I hear and believe you... I liked Tuggle during his Texan days. Don't think I saw the same player this preseason though.

                      A number of the WRs saw limited time due to injury... mostly hammies. I have no issue with keeping them to see what they have. Ditto DeValve... Ditto Shon Coleman...

                      I wrote a while ago about needing data for the "feedback loop". For many players, the injured ones, the data is simply incomplete. Keeping them is part of the process. I would not be surprised if this was actually part of the cutdown discussion. Check out the DePo quote in my signature. I think it's a clue.

                      I can't buy the ego argument. And it's not because they are neither present nor sizable. It's that I believe Sashi's job in no small part is to keep them in check and out of the decision process.

                      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                      sydS 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                        Nah.... not buying that at all. See below...

                        @hoorta said:

                        Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                        h, I hear and believe you... I liked Tuggle during his Texan days. Don't think I saw the same player this preseason though.

                        A number of the WRs saw limited time due to injury... mostly hammies. I have no issue with keeping them to see what they have. Ditto DeValve... Ditto Shon Coleman...

                        I wrote a while ago about needing data for the "feedback loop". For many players, the injured ones, the data is simply incomplete. Keeping them is part of the process. I would not be surprised if this was actually part of the cutdown discussion. Check out the DePo quote in my signature. I think it's a clue.

                        I can't buy the ego argument. And it's not because they are neither present nor sizable. It's that I believe Sashi's job in no small part is to keep them in check and out of the decision process.

                        syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 7k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @tour2ma said:

                        Nah.... not buying that at all. See below...

                        h, I hear and believe you... I liked Tuggle during his Texan days. Don't think I saw the same player this preseason though.

                        A number of the WRs saw limited time due to injury... mostly hammies. I have no issue with keeping them to see what they have. Ditto DeValve... Ditto Shon Coleman...

                        I wrote a while ago about needing data for the "feedback loop". For many players, the injured ones, the data is simply incomplete. Keeping them is part of the process. I would not be surprised if this was actually part of the cutdown discussion. Check out the DePo quote in my signature. I think it's a clue.

                        I can't buy the ego argument. And it's not because they are neither present nor sizable. It's that I believe Sashi's job in no small part is to keep them in check and out of the decision process.

                        I gotcha and hope you are correct but with that many draft picks ,man I cant remember a time when a team kept all of them that's what makes me feel a bit suspect

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                          @hoorta said:

                          I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.

                          Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                          Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                          Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                          I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                          Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                          gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 11k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                          #12

                          @tour2ma said:

                          Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                          Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                          That hundy under 10 rooks make roster, now, never had a chance 😊. Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?

                          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                          Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • hoortaH hoorta

                            @tour2ma said:

                            Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                            Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?

                            Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.

                            I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.

                            Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                            Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 23k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
                            #13

                            @hoorta said:

                            Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                            Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.

                            TopDawg31T 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • darren15D darren15

                              How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

                              Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 2k Posts
                              • 125 Reputation
                              OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
                              #14

                              @darren15 said:

                              How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?

                              Every 2016 draft pick made the roster. That tells you a couple of things.

                              1- The team is confident in their projections on these players and nothing they did in camp shook that confidence. It's not ego/arrogance. I work with Harvard people all the time. Podesta worked in bioinformatics. I worked in same field for 12 years. I get the image from the outside. Arrogant and elitist, right? Wrong. Really smart, really goal-oriented people who want to succeed.

                              FYI, egos and analytics don't mix well. The whole point of analytics is to take egos and other subjective factors out of the decision-making process. New England uses analytics and have been for years. It's no surprise given Boston and Cambridge is a big hub of sports analytics.

                              2- The team is finally building the right way.

                              Any time you don't get a move the Browns make, just remember this. To build a championship team that lasts, you need as many of your players reaching their peak/prime years at the same time as possible. You can only do that by getting a bunch of young guys on your team and develop them. It's important that they develop both their talent AND they mature into the offensive and defensive system the team wants to run.

                              Ask yourselves, if that's the plan, does keeping Kruger or Andy Lee make sense? Nope. Kruger is already on the decline and would not be reaching his prime at the same time as the other players on the roster. With Lee, the 4th round pick is more valuable to a rebuilding team than a punter.

                              So yeah, we are probably gonna suck this year and maybe next. But so long as Jimmy doesn't blow things up, this team should finally turn it around.

                              "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 4k Reputation
                                gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                                #15

                                AG, we were that bad after FA's left & most were not handled properly by Farmer..So yes it's a attempt at culture change using now the #2 youngest team in the league. Next sign, would be trying to resign a guy like Bitonio to show we now will keep good Home drafted players for a change. Stay Tuned.. Domes & Rome were not build in a Day..

                                Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • gumby73G gumby73

                                  @tour2ma said:

                                  Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

                                  Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...

                                  That hundy under 10 rooks make roster, now, never had a chance 😊. Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?

                                  Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 30k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @gumby73 said:

                                  Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?

                                  Maybe... posted it over in the dumpster thread: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43977&do=findComment&comment=632156

                                  Let me know what you think.

                                  "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 2k Posts
                                    • 453 Reputation
                                    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.

                                    TopDawg31T 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Unsympathetic U Reacting Well Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 4k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @junkyard-dawg said:

                                      Yep, smartest man in the room syndrome.

                                      Incorrect, try again. Reread Osiris' post above.

                                      The more labels you have for yourself, the dumber they make you. "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." Paul Brown
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • T TexasAg1969

                                        @hoorta said:

                                        Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?

                                        Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.

                                        TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
                                        • 2k Posts
                                        • 167 Reputation
                                        TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.

                                        I think it is the realization that our roster was really bad, like 3-13 bad. Probably should have been 0-16 bad. Shitty players look good when they are surrounded by even shittier players

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • stillmotionS stillmotion

                                          Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.

                                          TopDawg31 TopDawg31T Very Popular
                                          • 2k Posts
                                          • 167 Reputation
                                          TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @stillmotion said:

                                          Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.

                                          If josh returns to his pro bowl form I bet he gets a 1st rd tender, maybe he finally figured out he could be a 9 million dollar man if he would just give up the 80$ bag.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate