2016 Draft Picks
-
I pointed out in another thread- I have problems with all umptteen draft picks making the 53 roster.
Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html
Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?
Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.
I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.
Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...
Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html
Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...
That hundy under 10 rooks make roster, now, never had a chance
. Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB? -
Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html
Question is who did we cut that has a better chance of growing with the team than those remaining?
Gabe? Moore? Desir? I liked them all well enough, gritty lil' Gabe most of all, but honestly can't make a case for any of them.
I have a feeling one of the 14 is gone in 4 weeks when a certain suspension is over. Probably a WR on his way to the PS.
Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...
Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?
Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?
Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.
-
How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?
Every 2016 draft pick made the roster. That tells you a couple of things.How would you say they have done in pre season ....how are they looking .....anyone come out decent so far ?
1- The team is confident in their projections on these players and nothing they did in camp shook that confidence. It's not ego/arrogance. I work with Harvard people all the time. Podesta worked in bioinformatics. I worked in same field for 12 years. I get the image from the outside. Arrogant and elitist, right? Wrong. Really smart, really goal-oriented people who want to succeed.
FYI, egos and analytics don't mix well. The whole point of analytics is to take egos and other subjective factors out of the decision-making process. New England uses analytics and have been for years. It's no surprise given Boston and Cambridge is a big hub of sports analytics.
2- The team is finally building the right way.
Any time you don't get a move the Browns make, just remember this. To build a championship team that lasts, you need as many of your players reaching their peak/prime years at the same time as possible. You can only do that by getting a bunch of young guys on your team and develop them. It's important that they develop both their talent AND they mature into the offensive and defensive system the team wants to run.
Ask yourselves, if that's the plan, does keeping Kruger or Andy Lee make sense? Nope. Kruger is already on the decline and would not be reaching his prime at the same time as the other players on the roster. With Lee, the 4th round pick is more valuable to a rebuilding team than a punter.
So yeah, we are probably gonna suck this year and maybe next. But so long as Jimmy doesn't blow things up, this team should finally turn it around.
-
AG, we were that bad after FA's left & most were not handled properly by Farmer..So yes it's a attempt at culture change using now the #2 youngest team in the league. Next sign, would be trying to resign a guy like Bitonio to show we now will keep good Home drafted players for a change. Stay Tuned.. Domes & Rome were not build in a Day..
-
Depth Chart is up... http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html
Which raises a second question: Are we going to have to dumpster dive to fill the PS? Kinda looks that way...
That hundy under 10 rooks make roster, now, never had a chance
. Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB? Waiver wire closed Sat. at 4. 24 hrs. to clear..setting over/under at 5..We are not done with those OL holes. See anybody? (depo's not done playing baseball yet,now can we call sashi,Mr Fugi) I see maybe adding a LT,LG,C,DE & OLB?
Maybe... posted it over in the dumpster thread: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43977&do=findComment&comment=632156
Let me know what you think.
-
Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
Yep, smartest man in the room syndrome.
Incorrect, try again. Reread Osiris' post above.
-
Tour, I honestly thought Tuggle had a shot. Ditto Desir. Hmmm.... they kept rookies that hardly played, or didn't even play at all. Going on college tape, versus actual preseason production?
Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.
Does anyone ever remember a team that kept every draft choice from one class? That is either FO arrogance or just proving how bad we really were coming into the draft. This is more like watching college recruiting and seeing how a class pans out over 4 years.
I think it is the realization that our roster was really bad, like 3-13 bad. Probably should have been 0-16 bad. Shitty players look good when they are surrounded by even shittier players
-
Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.
Well, as long as we don't let all of our stars walk again. I believe it was the ravens recently that said they wanted to hold onto players they developed instead of letting them walk. So if sashi and jimmy decide to let josh gordon walk after a big year, and bitonio, and players like that I will not "get it". But if they choose to keep the talent (like we should of done with T.J. Ward), then i'll be all for it.
If josh returns to his pro bowl form I bet he gets a 1st rd tender, maybe he finally figured out he could be a 9 million dollar man if he would just give up the 80$ bag.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login