Skip to content

Schefter reports Gilbert traded....

The Browns Board
122 33 4.4k
  • Joey Bosa sucks and your evaluation of people is garbage

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by Clevfan4life
    #64

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Joey Bosa sucks and your evaluation of people is garbage

    Oh ur one of those fans that watches football but is clueless as to what they're watching and the skillset required of men to belong on that field. Ic now. Its cool bro. Sometimes its nice just watching men run around in tight pants huh? Right on

  • @baconhound said:

    Ok I go with this draft. Drafting Corey Coleman with #15 was an epic fail.

    Based upon?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @tour2ma said:

    Based upon?

    Shouldn't take a WR in the first half of the first round unless you can get a Julio, AJ, Megatron, etc. or if you are a really good team missing a piece. Coleman is an undersized guy for a #1 and even if he reaches his ceiling by the time the Browns are any good he'll be out of his rookie deal or close and then you'll have to pay him. Like putting a BMW hood ornament on a Hyundai.

  • @baconhound said:

    Ok I go with this draft. Drafting Corey Coleman with #15 was an epic fail.

    LMAO You know this after 1 training camp and 2 pre-season games?

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @d-bone said:

    LMAO You know this after 1 training camp and 2 pre-season games?

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    Somebody kill this thread already, ding dong Gilbert's gone....

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #68

    Not much else to talk about this team is a dumpster fire that won't win more than 4 games. Oddly enough even the sunshine pumpers realize this year.

  • @d-bone said:

    LMAO You know this after 1 training camp and 2 pre-season games?

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @baconhound said:

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

  • @baconhound said:

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @topdawg31 said:

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

    Such is life in any team sport.

  • @baconhound said:

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by BaconHound
    #72

    @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    Personally I'd go with defense, defense, defense, defense and hope in that 4 years I could piece together some form of offense.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @topdawg31 said:

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

    No way we have a #2 WR

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    Personally I'd go with defense, defense, defense, defense and hope in that 4 years I could piece together some form of offense.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @baconhound said:

    Personally I'd go with defense, defense, defense, defense and hope in that 4 years I could piece together some form of offense.

    Not arguing, but come on man, this team had so many holes and they all couldn't be filled in just one off season. We could argue all day until we're blue in the face on whether we should've gone QB, OL, front 7, back end, a lil' bit of every position this first off season, but the reality is the FO could only do so much.

    Lets give the guys until at least Oct 1 before we all cry to blow it up again.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Who cut Gilbert's Grapes?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Gilbert couldn't cover my grandmother.....and then he couldn't tackle her.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Based upon?

    Shouldn't take a WR in the first half of the first round unless you can get a Julio, AJ, Megatron, etc. or if you are a really good team missing a piece. Coleman is an undersized guy for a #1 and even if he reaches his ceiling by the time the Browns are any good he'll be out of his rookie deal or close and then you'll have to pay him. Like putting a BMW hood ornament on a Hyundai.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @baconhound said:

    Shouldn't take a WR in the first half of the first round unless you can get a Julio, AJ, Megatron, etc. or if you are a really good team missing a piece. Coleman is an undersized guy for a #1 and even if he reaches his ceiling by the time the Browns are any good he'll be out of his rookie deal or close and then you'll have to pay him. Like putting a BMW hood ornament on a Hyundai.

    I've been a hood ornament guy myself, but the cards have been dealt.

    In a short 4 weeks Coleman will be our #2. There a quite an number of great, undersized WRs in the league, ones shorter than Coleman. Let's hope he's good enough that we have to pay him.

    @baconhound said:

    They had many more "real" needs. For arguments sake let's say Coleman turns out to be Sammy Watkins. When you can't stop the run or pass and can't block for your washed up QB what good is a WR? Maybe he sells jerseys but the Browns are devoid of talent at essential positions. Bitonio and Erving aren't lighting the world on fire and Thomas is old. The D Line is suspect as well. If in todays NFL controlling the line of scrimmage should be the first order of business.

    Thomas is "old"? He's 32 and entering his 11th season in a league where great OTs play 15 years... even ones that have suffered serious injuries. If we trend upwards, I think he'd like to ride along at least that long.

    Was it the route I'd have taken? No, but again the hand's been dealt.

    As D pointed out... you can't fix everything at once. If we come out of 2016 at least having fixed WR, then that will be one position more than we've fixed in a while.

  • @baconhound said:

    Personally I'd go with defense, defense, defense, defense and hope in that 4 years I could piece together some form of offense.

    Not arguing, but come on man, this team had so many holes and they all couldn't be filled in just one off season. We could argue all day until we're blue in the face on whether we should've gone QB, OL, front 7, back end, a lil' bit of every position this first off season, but the reality is the FO could only do so much.

    Lets give the guys until at least Oct 1 before we all cry to blow it up again.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @d-bone said:

    Not arguing, but come on man, this team had so many holes and they all couldn't be filled in just one off season. We could argue all day until we're blue in the face on whether we should've gone QB, OL, front 7, back end, a lil' bit of every position this first off season, but the reality is the FO could only do so much.

    Lets give the guys until at least Oct 1 before we all cry to blow it up again.

    Can't keep blowing it up just wished they'd have a plan. I was so excited with Pettine and Farmer coming on board that I thought they would at least have a defense worth a shit. I liked the Shelton pick even though the jury is still out on that one. I was hoping they would have stayed put this year and taken the best DL or LB available to add to Shelton. They trade down and take, what I believe to be, a #2 WR to put with a shit offensive line, questionable RBs and a washed up QB. I don't know what Sashi's plan is but I don't know if he really has one.

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, our future HoF olineman sure has accounted for many, many wins during his illustrious career.

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @topdawg31 said:

    and we will need someone in the very near future to replace him. (Thomas)

    Not to worry- we have picks galore the next two years. 🙂

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Joey Bosa sucks and your evaluation of people is garbage

    Oh ur one of those fans that watches football but is clueless as to what they're watching and the skillset required of men to belong on that field. Ic now. Its cool bro. Sometimes its nice just watching men run around in tight pants huh? Right on

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @clevfan4life said:

    Oh ur one of those fans that watches football but is clueless as to what they're watching and the skillset required of men to belong on that field. Ic now. Its cool bro. Sometimes its nice just watching men run around in tight pants huh? Right on

    This post is just about right in line with the rest of your misguided garbage.

    Keep on keepin on

  • @d-bone said:

    Not arguing, but come on man, this team had so many holes and they all couldn't be filled in just one off season. We could argue all day until we're blue in the face on whether we should've gone QB, OL, front 7, back end, a lil' bit of every position this first off season, but the reality is the FO could only do so much.

    Lets give the guys until at least Oct 1 before we all cry to blow it up again.

    Can't keep blowing it up just wished they'd have a plan. I was so excited with Pettine and Farmer coming on board that I thought they would at least have a defense worth a shit. I liked the Shelton pick even though the jury is still out on that one. I was hoping they would have stayed put this year and taken the best DL or LB available to add to Shelton. They trade down and take, what I believe to be, a #2 WR to put with a shit offensive line, questionable RBs and a washed up QB. I don't know what Sashi's plan is but I don't know if he really has one.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @baconhound said:

    Can't keep blowing it up just wished they'd have a plan. I was so excited with Pettine and Farmer coming on board that I thought they would at least have a defense worth a shit. I liked the Shelton pick even though the jury is still out on that one. I was hoping they would have stayed put this year and taken the best DL or LB available to add to Shelton. They trade down and take, what I believe to be, a #2 WR to put with a shit offensive line, questionable RBs and a washed up QB. I don't know what Sashi's plan is but I don't know if he really has one.

    Honestly, this is kind of how I feel.....the "plan" isnt really making complete sense to me....especially the part about completely stripping the team, then making WR the first priority on the rebuild....thats just weird

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #82

    It's gonna hurt to see Gilbert, as a Stool.......especially if he picks 6 McCown or Griffin.....

    Got no qualms with the trade though.....he had all the time in the world and the dude is just a complete weirdo....

  • @baconhound said:

    Can't keep blowing it up just wished they'd have a plan. I was so excited with Pettine and Farmer coming on board that I thought they would at least have a defense worth a shit. I liked the Shelton pick even though the jury is still out on that one. I was hoping they would have stayed put this year and taken the best DL or LB available to add to Shelton. They trade down and take, what I believe to be, a #2 WR to put with a shit offensive line, questionable RBs and a washed up QB. I don't know what Sashi's plan is but I don't know if he really has one.

    Honestly, this is kind of how I feel.....the "plan" isnt really making complete sense to me....especially the part about completely stripping the team, then making WR the first priority on the rebuild....thats just weird

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mudfly said:

    Honestly, this is kind of how I feel.....the "plan" isnt really making complete sense to me....especially the part about completely stripping the team, then making WR the first priority on the rebuild....thats just weird

    Which of the moves would you not have made? Honestly, getting anything in return for Gilbert and Mingo is a bonus. I could have seen keeping Kruger for experience and depth in the OLB position, but I can't imagine you're losing sleep on that one. Punters are punters, by and large - get one that is consistent and go with it. No 60 yarders is not a huge price to pay for no 20 yarders, and yes Lee was good but a 4th round pick? Come on.

    Going back, they are clearly dedicated to getting the 'weapons' - as we're legally obliged to call these guys - in place to give a QB chance to succeed. OK, sure. We went the 'get a solid OL and go from there' route a few years and it got us basically nowhere, so why not try a little ghoolie-ball?

    On D, I might have kept Dansby, but Campbell looks like a solid replacement for Whitner - complete with lack of coverage skills.

    For me the only missteps have been not keeping hold of Schwartz and Gipson. The draft strategy you can argue day and night but having lots of picks is not a bad thing.