Skip to content

Cuts to 53....

The Browns Board
124 30 4.7k
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #32

    Hey I kind of like Pierre Desir but those are the breaks I guess. Surprised by Coon dawn and didn't see the need to shit can Andy Lee but punter's aren't that hard to find I suppose even though we'll be needing one pretty badly.

    WSS

  • @gumby73 said:

    Any PS candidates here beside maybe C Mike Matthews? TE Hamlett or Holtz? maybe there is more to come? we get 10

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Zombo said:

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    France looks to be worth a slot. He showed well in an early preseason outing. A couple of the DBs will likely be PS'd, pending claims.

    Surprisingly Gerhart seems to still be PS eligible despite first appearing with us in 2012. Not endorsing him, but he seems to latch onto a team every other year: us in 2012 and Green Bay in 2014. So he is due to land somewhere in 2016.

    I wish there was a rhyme or reason, such as PS eligible, to the embedding of links in some names, but not all. Or some other (*) designation.

    @flugel said:

    I think we still have 1 more punter we can deep 6 on the active roster for an intriguing Corner or Center that got cut this weekend.

    Colquitt is the only "P" on the 53...

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/depth-chart.html

  • Hey I kind of like Pierre Desir but those are the breaks I guess. Surprised by Coon dawn and didn't see the need to shit can Andy Lee but punter's aren't that hard to find I suppose even though we'll be needing one pretty badly.

    WSS

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey I kind of like Pierre Desir but those are the breaks I guess. Surprised by Coon dawn and didn't see the need to shit can Andy Lee but punter's aren't that hard to find I suppose even though we'll be needing one pretty badly.

    WSS

    Desir was just picked up by the chargers

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #35

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/09/connor_hamlett_among_players_s.html

    George Atkinson and Corey Lemonier among 5 claimed by Browns, Connor Hamlett to practice squad

    CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns said they'd be active on the waiver wire, and they weren't kidding.

    They were awarded a league-high five players via waivers Sunday: running back George Atkinson, defensive back Briean Boddy-Calhoun, defensive back Marcus Burley, defensive end Tyrone Holmes, and linebacker Corey Lemonier.
    They also signed players to their 10-man practice squad, including tight end Connor Hamlett, who was waived by them Saturday. They have yet to announce their moves, but will do so this afternoon.
    To make room for the five waiver claims, the Browns had to let go of five players who made the initial 53-man roster. Among them was running back Raheem Mostert, who was waived to make room for Atkinson, a third-year back out of Notre Dame. Mostert's departure was announced by his agent Brett Tessler on Twitter.
    In addition, former Browns receiver Taylor Gabriel was awarded to the Falcons and former Browns defensive back Pierre Desir was awarded to the Chargers. Gabriel was waived by the Browns on Saturday in part so they could fit all four of their drafted rookie receivers on the roster. Gabriel started four games for the Browns last season, catching 28 passes for 241 yards, including a 56-yarder. Desir started six games for the Browns last season at left corner, but was switched to safety in camp.
    Here's a little bit about the five new players:
    * Atkinson (6-1, 220) is a third-year running back out of Notre Dame, who was cut by the Raiders. In preseason, he rushed 19 times for 191 yards, with three TDs. He also had six receptions for 60 yards, and one kickoff return for a TD.
    * Boddy-Calhoun (5-11, 194) was signed by the Jaguars this year as an undrafted rookie out of Minnesota. He didn't make much of an impact in camp, and was waived. He finished camp as the seventh cornerback. He had four INTs for Gophers last year and tore an ACL in 2013.
    * Burley (5-10, 185) is a fourth-year pro who was cut by they Seahawks. He played in 12 games last season, mostly as nickelback, and started one. He also missed four with a broken thumb. Originally signed by the Jaguars as an undrafted free agent out of Delaware, he was traded by the Colts to the Seahawks last year.
    * Holmes (6-4, 247) A sixth-round pick of the Jaguars out Montana, he did nothing in camp to flash his college edge-rush ability. He led FCS with 18 sacks last year and was FCS Defensive Player of the Year. He was a weak-side defensive end in Jaguars' scheme.
    * Lemonier (6-3, 255) was a third-round pick of the 49ers out of Auburn in 2013 who never lived up to his draft status there. He started only two of his 42 games, and mustered one sack. He also made 29 tackles.
  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #36

    I'm excited about George Atkinson, as being a SoCal guy I was force fed every Raider game this pre-season and Atkinson really stood out. He looked explosive and decisive....... Who knows??

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Ya, he sounds good. Not great write-ups on the other 4.

    Z

  • @gumby73 said:

    Any PS candidates here beside maybe C Mike Matthews? TE Hamlett or Holtz? maybe there is more to come? we get 10

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    Zombo

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Zombo said:

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    Zombo

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

  • sydS syd

    Zombo said:

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    Zombo

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @syd said:

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

    Did we cut them?

    Z

  • @syd said:

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

    Did we cut them?

    Z

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Zombo said:

    Did we cut them?

    Z

    no

  • sydS syd

    Zombo said:

    I am thinking Matthews and Hamlett for sure ... And I think that's about it.

    Zombo

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @syd said:

    louis & payton wr's drafted this year I believe they may be headed there also

    too late they would never make it through waivers after initially making the final 53 IMO. Hawkins will be the odd man out when Gordon returns.

  • Zombo said:

    Did we cut them?

    Z

    no

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @topdawg31 said:

    no

    I was thinking with the addition of new players coming in that is where they could end up,i mean after the packer game wasn't louis hurt for the rest of the pre season

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #43

    So then ... Not going on the practice squad.

    Z

  • sydS syd

    @topdawg31 said:

    no

    I was thinking with the addition of new players coming in that is where they could end up,i mean after the packer game wasn't louis hurt for the rest of the pre season

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @syd said:

    I was thinking with the addition of new players coming in that is where they could end up,i mean after the packer game wasn't louis hurt for the rest of the pre season

    Those new guys are all defensive, except the RB, no WRs, so I think they are safe.

    Z

  • @syd said:

    I was thinking with the addition of new players coming in that is where they could end up,i mean after the packer game wasn't louis hurt for the rest of the pre season

    Those new guys are all defensive, except the RB, no WRs, so I think they are safe.

    Z

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Zombo said:

    Those new guys are all defensive, except the RB, no WRs, so I think they are safe.

    Z

    all righty then in z I will trust

    and I still stand by my post saying that we will beat philly by 2 touchdowns and I am adding that we knock wentz out of the game

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I imagine we can get Caldwell on the PS for sure, and most like Cam too.

    Z

  • I'm excited about George Atkinson, as being a SoCal guy I was force fed every Raider game this pre-season and Atkinson really stood out. He looked explosive and decisive....... Who knows??

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @d-bone said:

    I'm excited about George Atkinson, as being a SoCal guy I was force fed every Raider game this pre-season and Atkinson really stood out. He looked explosive and decisive....... Who knows??

    I am pulling for him. I have met the kid before. He is a friend's cousin and came off like a nice enough guy.

  • Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

    TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Zombo said:

    Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

    so much for all the draft picks making the team, maybe they try to get Caldwell to the PS

  • Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Zombo said:

    Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

    Either Hue or Sashi were not sentimental about handpicked guys. Watson was brought over from the Bengals by Hue and he still got the chop.

  • Zombo said:

    Caldwell, Cam, Mozart, Watson and Moore gone.

    http://m.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44

    Cam the only surprise for me, guess they like the potential of this new pass rusher better.

    Z

    Either Hue or Sashi were not sentimental about handpicked guys. Watson was brought over from the Bengals by Hue and he still got the chop.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Either Hue or Sashi were not sentimental about handpicked guys. Watson was brought over from the Bengals by Hue and he still got the chop.

    Yep, those two cuts alone should shut up quite a few fans................ naaaa, who am I kidding, they'll still bitch, cry and whine.