Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • You sure you don't want involved in this stimulating thread conversation Texas Ag?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @typicalbrowns said:

    You sure you don't want involved in this stimulating thread conversation Texas Ag?

    Nah, BrownsfaninPa tried to start his own draft thread and I said that before it was moved over here, including my ignore remark.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week. If he can flash something, anything, it should reduce the position's emphasis in the draft.

    Crow still has issues picking the right hole when a choice presents itself. All his bursts vs. CIN this year were single lane runs with lanes where they were supposed to be. He left a bunch of yards on the field when he had options...

  • I don't mind Crow. He's playing for the worst possible team for his skill set. I would LOVE to see Crow play for a team that actually has a lead in a game. Crow runs hard, and I can imagine he wouldn't be fun to tackle 26 times a game. He never will get that chance playing for us. That doesn't mean I wouldn't mind some competition for him, but I certainly wouldn't want to use a high draft pick on a RB. I also like Duke, but we can't figure out enough ways to get him the ball, and it's obnoxious. Kind of like our entire offense. Obnoxious.

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    In regards to Garrett in the pros, I could actually see him struggle at first. His immense physical gifts won't allow him the same benefit in the NFL, and he'll have to hone his technique. However, after a brief learning period, I fully expect Garrett to have a successful career. His speed rush alone is absolutely insane, and I'm assuming he has a spin move as well. Also, look at his frame. Garrett could easily gain about 15 pounds and probably not lose much speed. What I didn't like about Garrett was that half of his sacks this year came in one game against some crappy opponent. I've read that Garrett has one of the highest defensive grades in years, and several people have him higher than Clowney. If he's healthy, he's going to be a problem for an offense.

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

  • @bob806 said:

    I hear you, there's always somewhat of a learning curve, but can the Browns afford to pick a guy that may not have an impact right away? I'd understand if they picked a QB, had him ride the bench to develop, but that #1 pick needs to get out there and produce immediately.

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

  • Why would we take a RB in the 1st round when the running game has been the only bright spot on this team despite the awful O line...?? pass rusher, qb, ol....those are the positions that "must" be addressed in the first 2-3 rounds. Unless we do something in free agency with the OL

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @clevfan4life said:

    Why would we take a RB in the 1st round when the running game has been the only bright spot on this team despite the awful O line...?? pass rusher, qb, ol....those are the positions that "must" be addressed in the first 2-3 rounds. Unless we do something in free agency with the OL

    might be a bright spot but sadly nothing to hang your hat on.

    crowell would have to run for 300 yards in these last 2 games to become a 1k rusher. johnson is at like 350 lucky to get to 400 yards at this point.

    we play in the AFCN and our run game is shit and has been shit for years now.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    That's kind of what I was getting at, though.

    Forsaking a playmaker to take a guy who may be more pro ready day one should not be our draft plan. We are not a 8-8 team looking to maintain while grooming players. We are a winless team looking to add the best playmakers we can, regardless of position or day one pro readiness.

    If Garrett isn't as ready as Allen day one, so what? Day one doesn't do shit for us anyway.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Christ... it's starting already.

  • SojuS Soju wrote on last edited by

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    San Fran has gone Defensive front 3 1st rounders in a row, I believe?

    Garrett talk is still very possible.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    I'm thinking they have to take a qb. But in any case we still end up with either Allen or Garett

  • S sdballis wrote on last edited by

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    49ers WIN!!!

  • Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    The first game I haven't watched this year.

    Whoops

  • Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week. If he can flash something, anything, it should reduce the position's emphasis in the draft.

    Crow still has issues picking the right hole when a choice presents itself. All his bursts vs. CIN this year were single lane runs with lanes where they were supposed to be. He left a bunch of yards on the field when he had options...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week.

    hmpf....they are not listening....

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Um....yeah....it probably is.....

    But we can dream....right?

    @tour2ma said:

    Christ... it's starting already.

    Hahahaha.....I promise that I will not overwhelm you with too much optimism......😉

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    And so did the niners....crawl back into your hole now......

    @sdballis said:

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week.

    hmpf....they are not listening....

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Um....yeah....it probably is.....

    But we can dream....right?

    @tour2ma said:

    Christ... it's starting already.

    Hahahaha.....I promise that I will not overwhelm you with too much optimism......😉

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    And so did the niners....crawl back into your hole now......

    @sdballis said:

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

  • @mark-o said:

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

  • @hoorta said:

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

  • @mark-o said:

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.