Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    That's kind of what I was getting at, though.

    Forsaking a playmaker to take a guy who may be more pro ready day one should not be our draft plan. We are not a 8-8 team looking to maintain while grooming players. We are a winless team looking to add the best playmakers we can, regardless of position or day one pro readiness.

    If Garrett isn't as ready as Allen day one, so what? Day one doesn't do shit for us anyway.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why immediately? We don't expect to contend even next year, why would we need him to come in NFL ready?

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy. There's 3 or 4 elite teams, about 3 or 4 hideous teams, and everybody else is about the same.

    The Browns bringing in new plamyakers, say 2 on each side of the ball, could put them in that "everybody else" group that includes teams like TBay, Washington, Indy, Houston, Tenn, Detroit, etc. Yeah, I'm optimistic about it.

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Christ... it's starting already.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    San Fran has gone Defensive front 3 1st rounders in a row, I believe?

    Garrett talk is still very possible.

  • well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    I'm thinking they have to take a qb. But in any case we still end up with either Allen or Garett

  • Anddddddddd we have #1 back

  • 49ers WIN!!!

  • The first game I haven't watched this year.

    Whoops

  • Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week. If he can flash something, anything, it should reduce the position's emphasis in the draft.

    Crow still has issues picking the right hole when a choice presents itself. All his bursts vs. CIN this year were single lane runs with lanes where they were supposed to be. He left a bunch of yards on the field when he had options...

    @tour2ma said:

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week.

    hmpf....they are not listening....

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Um....yeah....it probably is.....

    But we can dream....right?

    @tour2ma said:

    Christ... it's starting already.

    Hahahaha.....I promise that I will not overwhelm you with too much optimism......😉

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    And so did the niners....crawl back into your hole now......

    @sdballis said:

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Will be interesting to see if Darius Jackson sees the field this week.

    hmpf....they are not listening....

    @bob806 said:

    I don't buy the "we don't expect to contend" stuff. This year, ok I get it.

    Contending for a SB is probably a pipe dream, but contending for a playoff berth isn't crazy.

    Um....yeah....it probably is.....

    But we can dream....right?

    @tour2ma said:

    Christ... it's starting already.

    Hahahaha.....I promise that I will not overwhelm you with too much optimism......😉

    @soju said:

    well you guys can stop with the Garrett talk, because the browns won.

    And so did the niners....crawl back into your hole now......

    @sdballis said:

    Anddddddddd we have #1 back

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    @mudfly said:

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeppers....now, lets give it back next week.......#2 is just as good, thank you.

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

  • @mark-o said:

    Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    @hoorta said:

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

  • @hoorta said:

    Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not. 🙂

    We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    @mark-o said:

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

  • @mark-o said:

    Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

    @hoorta said:

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.

  • @hoorta said:

    It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.

    http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Four-Times-the-1-Pick-Was-Traded/1c49d123-982c-4b1c-a5fe-1057a5393a50

    So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.

    I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.

    @mark-o said:

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

  • @mark-o said:

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

    @hoorta said:

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

    I don't disagree. They also have Tom Brady at QB. If Tribusky is the next Tom Brady, I'll drive the bandwagon.

  • @mark-o said:

    I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.

    I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

    @hoorta said:

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

    McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.

    That good so far?

  • @hoorta said:

    I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?

    McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.

    That good so far?

    @tiamat63 said:

    McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.

    That good so far?

    OK smarty pants. Two pro bowl guys. 🙂

  • @tiamat63 said:

    McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.

    That good so far?

    OK smarty pants. Two pro bowl guys. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    OK smarty pants. Two pro bowl guys. 🙂

    McCourty, Hightower and Long.

  • Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 10: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)

    Round 4 Pick 7 (S.D.): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 15 (N.O.): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2019 Round 1 Pick

    I'm liking this draft.