Draft Talk
-
Exactly. The 2nd best college football player in the country is still going to be the best player on our team, unless he plays left tackle. But no matter who we picked, he will immediately be an impact player (or at least damn well better be) and then pick another one with the Philly pick.
Yes Mark, I'm good with #2 now. Though the first pick is worth more in a trade down. LOL I hope not.

We just might beat the Steelers if Ben and Bell sit out.
-
Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.
It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.
So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.
I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.
-
Maybe it is...but there has to be someone worth trading up to that spot.
It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.
So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.
I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.
It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.
So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.
I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.
I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.
I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.
-
It got me curious Mark, counting Goff, the #1 pick has been traded 5 times.
So far Goff is showing he wasn't worth what the Rams gave up. I think Wentz might be for the Eagles- but they have to put a team around him with few draft picks.
I hope Sashi and Depodesta read the article- because it looks like Ghoolie might be right- passing on stud players to get a truckload of draft picks rarely works out for the team that trades down. I found the trade Parcells made with the Rams shall we say- interesting.
I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.
I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.
I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.
I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
-
I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.
I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
I don't disagree. They also have Tom Brady at QB. If Tribusky is the next Tom Brady, I'll drive the bandwagon.
-
I'm not convinced Wentz is worth what they paid either. Sure they've won some games but he still doesn't throw the ball downfield. He's basically a bigger version of Kessler.
I don't think we should trade down. I think 2 stud defensive players in the top 10 would immediately make our defense go from the worst in the league to at least mid pack overnight.
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.
That good so far?
-
I won't be upset if we go that route Mark. But the voice inside my head says go for the hometown kid. I'll have a better idea after the NC game on Friday. Plus the combine. If we're going to be bold- and you think Mitch is the real deal- a franchise qb trumps everything else. Can you name a bunch of guys on the Patriots defense?
McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Brown, Butler, Jonesy, Long and Sheard.
That good so far?
-
-
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (S.D.): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 4 Pick 15 (N.O.): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
I'm liking this draft.
-
There's no way to know if Wentz is worth what they paid for him at this moment. He certainly hasn't "lit it up" the past several MONTHS, but he has shown glimpses. I think that's what you want to see in your rookie QB who was thrust in a difficult situation. Glimpses like engineering a game-tying drive, running for giant 3rd downs, throwing clutch passes. His consistency wasn't anywhere near enough, but he definitely showed some moxie, and if he continues to IMPROVE, he'll probably be ok.
The Browns are basically in an impossible situation. They are desperate for a starting QB, and there really isn't a great way to get one. From what I keep reading, the Patriots are going to ask for the universe in a Garoppolo trade, and there are so many analysts that feel that the upcoming QB class is extremely poor. It's an unenviable position to be in, and we basically have to hope we get it right or the cycle will continue. The cycle where we fire everyone, and we adjust our roster to fit the new schemes, and we lose game after game after game.
We obviously need our QB, but it's also painfully obvious we need a stud pass rusher. I'm pretty sure you guys saw the absurdly banged up Charger OL stonewall our feeble rush. It was truly pathetic. The 49's are definitely taking a QB in the draft. Their GM was just grilled by the press about his failure to address the position, and there's no way he makes that same mistake again. The Jets obviously need help as well, and so do the Bears. Our Eagles pick probably isn't going to be in the top ten, so if we go pass rusher first, there's absolutely NO guarantee any of the top 3 QB prospects will be available.
This is not going to be easy.
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
Ok...and what if the braintrust of the organization doesn't think that the QB's in this draft are better than the ones currently on our roster? What if they think that Kessler is better than all of them?
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
Ok...and what if the braintrust of the organization doesn't think that the QB's in this draft are better than the ones currently on our roster? What if they think that Kessler is better than all of them?
Ok...and what if the braintrust of the organization doesn't think that the QB's in this draft are better than the ones currently on our roster? What if they think that Kessler is better than all of them?
If they think Kessler is better then I say fire em all Kessler err I mean Captain Checkdown is garbage.
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
In the Mahomes thread you question who the kid is and why bother taking him.
Pretend for a moment our front office says he's our #1 target.
Still cool with how 'simple' it is?
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
In the Mahomes thread you question who the kid is and why bother taking him.
Pretend for a moment our front office says he's our #1 target.
Still cool with how 'simple' it is?
In the Mahomes thread you question who the kid is and why bother taking him.
Pretend for a moment our front office says he's our #1 target.
Still cool with how 'simple' it is?
The only highlights of him I saw were in here and his mechanics were a mess. I would take a flyer on him with a 7th for his size alone. Give me one of the top 3 QB's at 1 overall. And again, the homer in me wants Trubisky.
-
http://www.knbr.com/2016/12/27/top-prospect-garrett-prefers-not-to-play-in-cold-weather-city/
Garrett prefers to be drafted by a team that doesnt play in cold weather.
-
lots of stuff in that life that Id "prefer".....this isnt a big deal to me at all......I say draft him and he'll be just fine....
Heck....If I was being drafted, Id prefer a warm weather team too.....and a good one, at that.....but Id go and play where ever I was drafted....
-
lots of stuff in that life that Id "prefer".....this isnt a big deal to me at all......I say draft him and he'll be just fine....
Heck....If I was being drafted, Id prefer a warm weather team too.....and a good one, at that.....but Id go and play where ever I was drafted....
lots of stuff in that life that Id "prefer".....this isnt a big deal to me at all......I say draft him and he'll be just fine....
Heck....If I was being drafted, Id prefer a warm weather team too.....and a good one, at that.....but Id go and play where ever I was drafted....
I think this may be a "please don't draft me, Browns" statement while trying to not sound like a diva.
-
Agree with Mud. No big deal. He also said he'd give his best wherever he went.
-
It's simple, whatever QB they determine to be the best in this draft pick the motherfucker #1 overall and be done with it. Then address the ILB position with the 1B pick and address the DL with the 2a pick then OL after that.
In the Mahomes thread you question who the kid is and why bother taking him.
Pretend for a moment our front office says he's our #1 target.
Still cool with how 'simple' it is?
In the Mahomes thread you question who the kid is and why bother taking him.
Pretend for a moment our front office says he's our #1 target.
Still cool with how 'simple' it is?
If our brain trust thinks that Mahomes is their #1 target then line em up and send an armor piercing shell through each brain in line.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login