Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Saw a couple "good" collegiate QBs this weekend.

    • ND's Junior Kizer may have the strongest arm I have seen in a long time. And at 6'4 - 230 has the size.
    • The UW Senior, Bart Houston, showed poise and was reading D. And ran over an LSU DB with his 6'4 - 235 frame.

    A lot more out there to check out.

    Will be fun to see if any of them become "great".

  • I was thinking we should start a few threads in the college ball forum, for position groups. QBs obviously up there, and I have a feeling this is the year we take a top LT as well to play RT and take over from JT. That's a lot of Ts.

  • saw this topic and thought it was an insurance commercial.

  • I was thinking we should start a few threads in the college ball forum, for position groups. QBs obviously up there, and I have a feeling this is the year we take a top LT as well to play RT and take over from JT. That's a lot of Ts.

    @gftchris said:

    I was thinking we should start a few threads in the college ball forum, for position groups. QBs obviously up there, and I have a feeling this is the year we take a top LT as well to play RT and take over from JT. That's a lot of Ts.

    Sadly it is time to start thinking about Joe's replacement, what a shame to waste HOF talent with the mess he fell into.

  • I really hope we can get good in the few years he has left. Really, really hope.

  • saw this topic and thought it was an insurance commercial.

    @topdawg31 said:

    saw this topic and thought it was an insurance commercial.

    Lol!
  • Brad Kaayais absolute garbage. I don't see how anyone can see anything remotely good in his play.

    Half of his performances are unwatchable.

  • Brad Kaayais absolute garbage. I don't see how anyone can see anything remotely good in his play.

    Half of his performances are unwatchable.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Brad Kaayais absolute garbage. I don't see how anyone can see anything remotely good in his play.

    Half of his performances are unwatchable.

    Who you watching in 2016?

  • It's so sad to play bad for Brad. It's not like he's iron clad that brad that's so bad. Oh but to his parents he's a fine lad that Brad.

  • It's so sad to play bad for Brad. It's not like he's iron clad that brad that's so bad. Oh but to his parents he's a fine lad that Brad.

    @one-post said:

    It's so sad to play bad for Brad. It's not like he's iron clad that brad that's so bad. Oh but to his parents he's a fine lad that Brad.

    Dammit.

  • Oh man....are we talking 2017 draft already...???

    dont.....even....have ......the......energy.....

    But, since its opened up.....they better draft all OL and LB's or I quit.....

  • Oh man....are we talking 2017 draft already...???

    dont.....even....have ......the......energy.....

    But, since its opened up.....they better draft all OL and LB's or I quit.....

    @mudfly said:

    Oh man....are we talking 2017 draft already...???

    dont.....even....have ......the......energy.....

    But, since its opened up.....they better draft all OL and LB's or I quit.....

    5 OL and 6 LB's should do the trick

  • Saw a couple "good" collegiate QBs this weekend.

    • ND's Junior Kizer may have the strongest arm I have seen in a long time. And at 6'4 - 230 has the size.
    • The UW Senior, Bart Houston, showed poise and was reading D. And ran over an LSU DB with his 6'4 - 235 frame.

    A lot more out there to check out.

    Will be fun to see if any of them become "great".

    @tour2ma said:

    Saw a couple "good" collegiate QBs this weekend.

    • ND's Junior Kizer may have the strongest arm I have seen in a long time. And at 6'4 - 230 has the size.
    • The UW Senior, Bart Houston, showed poise and was reading D. And ran over an LSU DB with his 6'4 - 235 frame.

    A lot more out there to check out.

    Will be fun to see if any of them become "great".

    I was very impressed with Kizer. I ran hot and cold on Bart Houston. Houston's mental error's (INT in the end zone negating an easy 3 points and the pic 6) were almost enough to ruin how much Wisconsin's Oline was dominating LSU early. The huge time of possession advantage they earned the old fashion way shouldn't have added up to a scoreboard of LSU 14 Wisconsin 13. However, he came up huge when it was time to win the game on an impressive final drive.

    If that track star trying to play WR at Texas didn't have a rock quarry for hands, the true freshman QB (Buechel) for Texas had a stronger and more accurate missile launch than North Korea. Then again - who doesn't? That kid threw a beautiful deep ball on the money. There's a small mechanic flaw similar to the one Kerry Collins had coming out but he'll have a few years to iron it out. Inexperience also caught up with him here and there as to be expected.

  • Kizer is the Notre Dame QB here, right?

    I know it's brief highlights, but it seemed like most of the TDs he just threw it up and let his receiver go get it. Manziel to Evans like.

  • The college QB I will probably watch more this year is Kizer. I'm just not sold on Watson, Kaaya, or Kelly, but who knows?

    As far as "tanking" for ANY player, NOOOO! Not now, not ever (my opinion). Also, I can't see Hue, Sashi, & Company considering that.

    Mike

  • I really like luke falk this year but i've been hearing good things about mason Rudolph

  • Kizer is the Notre Dame QB here, right?

    I know it's brief highlights, but it seemed like most of the TDs he just threw it up and let his receiver go get it. Manziel to Evans like.

    @gftchris said:

    Kizer is the Notre Dame QB here, right? I know it's brief highlights, but it seemed like most of the TDs he just threw it up and let his receiver go get it. Manziel to Evans like.

    That would be him... but not seeing JFF-jumpballs here...

    • 1st TD at 0:11 is a touch, back-shoulder throw.
    • 2nd at 0:38 is a 30-yd, zone-splitter with more on it.
    • 3rd at 1:30 was an easy toss after extending play with eyes downfield.
    • 4th at 1:41 was a well placed ball to a HB.
    • 5th at 2:40 was a double-clutched screen that was more about the team execution, but had he robo-threw on timing, then at best the toss was batted down.

    The throw that prompted my arm strength comment was not in the highlights. It was a sideline incompletion about 40 yards downfield. Saying it was "on a rope" woulld be hyperbolic, but it had minimal hump in it and a lot of zip.

    Just my $0.02... $0.04... $0.06... etc...

  • Kizer overrated

  • A few of Kizer's throws made me take note of him.

    I watched Kaaya during the FSU game last year? Wasn't impressed. His footwork, his motion, his inability to climb the pocket. No thanks.

    I'm not even sure I like Watson as a franchise player. To me, every year we attempt to say 'here is the franchise QB pick'. When in reality none exist.

    I am keeping an eye on Myles from A&M. Love his first step, not in love with his inability to shed blocks. Also, whoever 93 was for Alabama vs USC. I'll be watching him throughout the season as well.

  • Get shit on for Deshaun sounds much better