Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Demarcus Walker looks like a freak tonight (granted, just going up against a bunch of overrated white dudes). The depth of pass rusher in this draft really makes me balk at going with Garrett #1 overall.

    @wargograw said:

    Demarcus Walker looks like a freak tonight (granted, just going up against a bunch of overrated white dudes). The depth of pass rusher in this draft really makes me balk at going with Garrett #1 overall.

    No one has our OL as overrated because no one (that knows what they're talking about) thinks they're that great. Believe me, our OL is average.

  • Can't help but feel Peppers was feigning injury. Being up in the booth texty texty and NOT on th sidelines with your team mates? Fuck that.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Can't help but feel Peppers was feigning injury. Being up in the booth texty texty and NOT on th sidelines with your team mates? Fuck that.

    Well, you're wrong.

    He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

    Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

  • After watvhing a full game from allen im more middle'ish now between him and garrett. I still saw today a really strong mofo who can hand fight, just stacks and tosses guys. Made really good plays against the run. So im still ok with taking him. Reason im now more ambivalent is that he didnt show that burst off the line that Bosa had if we gotta compare.

    Bosa too liked to come off the line, read and shed....but he also could fire out and catch ol setting up for his power game. Allen has the same strength just not the same dynamic toolset that bosa did. Garett on the other hand isnt as strong but his upside a few years from now if ge develops properly.....could be hof type stuff. I dunno anymore between the two.

  • Garrett declares for the draft. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/31/texas-a-ms-garrett-declares-for-nfl-draft/96050580/

    "I will play for any NFL team that gives me a chance and they will get my very best effort."

  • "Unless it gets chilly there."

  • "Unless it gets chilly there."

    @logicisforsquares said:

    "Unless it gets chilly there."

    Cmon....are you really gonna hold that one comment against this guy?......

    Supreme talent and character......who happens to prefer a nice climate.....(dont we all???)

  • @mudfly said:

    Here's what you do......

    Take Allen or Garrett first.....

    Trade up a spot or 2 and grab Peppers....

    Trade a #2 and next years 1st for Foster.......

    Then, do like last year(with the WR's) and draft 5 DB's.....

    And.....like majic......defense fixed......

    Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

    If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

    If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

    I think your speeel checker was made in Pittsburgh or it needs a new battery Clevsies. No worries.

    Ray Horton loves to cheat his Safety up into the box and use him like an extra LBer. He had Ward blitzing more than our LBers; and we remember what he did with Pollyneedsahaircut. This kid seems like a perfect fit for what Horton wishes he could do. Like BB prioritizing the Safety position with Eric Turner - I'm sure Horton is repeatedly telling the right people he needs at least 1 NFL caliber Safety to coordinate his defense the way he wants to. Our current Safety position leaves him felling like he's playing gridiron chess with pawns.

    There's varied opinions on this kid so if you don't see him play very often - it'll be easy to question if he's overrated. His teammates and coaches that watch film of him every week would tell you otherwise. He's also really good on STs, which we're inconsistent with at best.

    That sucked he couldn't play the other night.

  • @mudfly said:

    Here's what you do......

    Take Allen or Garrett first.....

    Trade up a spot or 2 and grab Peppers....

    Trade a #2 and next years 1st for Foster.......

    Then, do like last year(with the WR's) and draft 5 DB's.....

    And.....like majic......defense fixed......

    Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

    If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

    If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

    Yeah...Im just throwing shit at the wall....but, if we could tap 3 supreme talents like this, it would change the whole face of our team....instantly....

    Fuck the couple of middlers we could have had.....right now, Im with quality over quantity.....

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Can't help but feel Peppers was feigning injury. Being up in the booth texty texty and NOT on th sidelines with your team mates? Fuck that.

    Well, you're wrong.

    He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

    Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

    @mld-woody said:

    Well, you're wrong.

    He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

    Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

    Didn't see the interview and reserve the right to change my mind once I do.

    The booth shot just rubbed me wrong. Haven't seen that since...? Perhaps the sideline could have used his emotion.

    Re: DB's in the draft.

    Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Well, you're wrong.

    He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

    Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

    Didn't see the interview and reserve the right to change my mind once I do.

    The booth shot just rubbed me wrong. Haven't seen that since...? Perhaps the sideline could have used his emotion.

    Re: DB's in the draft.

    Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

    Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

    I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

  • i've always said quality over quantity. prob is you have to hit on those picks or instead of changing the face of the team instantly it set's the team back years after a year when you realize the kid is a bust. (TR, gilbert, weeden, JM etc. etc.).

    i know i've been negative nancy about our new FO......but believe me i'm praying these fucks can evaluate and execute correctly this upcoming draft. i will be so deflated, along with 85% of our fan base, if these guys prove to be all hot air and can't land serious talent on both sides of the ball that will be playing in cleveland for the next decade.

    saw some report yesterday while flipping off the OSU embarrassment....think it was on NFL network where they did the best and worse of 2016 and were saying the browns have everything in place (not talent wise.....yet) to go from a 1 win team to making the playoffs next year if the record number of picks they have are used correctly. at this point i don't care what positions or what players are targeted, trade ups or trade downs as long as they are the right decisions, cuz god knows the browns have sucked in the draft since forever now.

    i'll look more in-depth at players as time goes on.... but as a halfwit fan just watching some games past couple of days.

    wr from clemson looked pro level.

    the washington (DE?) was impressing me....draft him to play with shelton and you the south pacific bone crushers.

    draft every alabama player you can get your hands on.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.

    Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

    I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

    @flugel said:

    Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

    I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

    At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

    Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

    That ain't Peppers.

  • @flugel said:

    Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.

    I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?

    At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

    Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

    That ain't Peppers.

    @tiamat63 said:

    At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

    Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

    That ain't Peppers.

    We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

    As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.

    Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.

    That ain't Peppers.

    We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

    As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

    @flugel said:

    We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

    As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

    I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    "Unless it gets chilly there."

    Cmon....are you really gonna hold that one comment against this guy?......

    Supreme talent and character......who happens to prefer a nice climate.....(dont we all???)

    @mudfly said:

    Cmon....are you really gonna hold that one comment against this guy?......

    Supreme talent and character......who happens to prefer a nice climate.....(dont we all???)

    That was more ribbing than serious discussion. I did find it peculiar that he volunteered that comment but in the end he will not turn down #1 money.

  • @flugel said:

    We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.

    As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...

    I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

    Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.

  • Your score is: 10328 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)

    Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan ( 😎

    Round 2 Pick 16: Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)

    Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)

    Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

    Your Future Picks:

    2018 Round 1 Pick

    2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)

    2019 Round 1 Pick

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.

    Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.

    @flugel said:

    Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.

    I'd prefer to target a Su'a Cravens kind of guy mid round.

    Not as much hype in the name, every bit (and then some) the production.

  • My Best

    Your score is: 11020 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 16: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A)
    Round 3 Pick 1: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 1: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 32: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)

    Your Future Picks:
    2018 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick

  • so how many takes do we all get at mock draft? i could swear PoG already has 5.

    need a contest to see who hits most picks in the real draft.