Draft Talk
-
Malik Hooker, please and thank you. Combination of range and instinct is tops in this class.
Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.
I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?
Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.
I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?
At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.
Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.
That ain't Peppers.
-
Good to see you on board with him now. In a previous thread (mid-season), you mentioned you'd like to see him tackle better or more consistently when some of us were envisioning how much we could use his first step instinct and nose for the ball in our defense. I'm glad you brought that to my attention, because I saw him miss a tackle the next time week or so.
I like how honest you are with Ohio State guys when you weigh in on them. Has he changed your perspective on how well he tackles?
At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.
Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.
That ain't Peppers.
At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.
Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.
That ain't Peppers.
We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.
As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...
-
At this point, with Hortons philosphy calling for the single high that we play, tackling from Malik has become a secondary concern of mine.
Not to say I'm discounting it, but the range, make up speed, instinct and ball skills are hard to ignore. We need DB's that get their hands on the ball and then do something with it.
That ain't Peppers.
We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.
As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...
We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.
As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...
I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.
-
"Unless it gets chilly there."
Cmon....are you really gonna hold that one comment against this guy?......
Supreme talent and character......who happens to prefer a nice climate.....(dont we all???)
Cmon....are you really gonna hold that one comment against this guy?......
Supreme talent and character......who happens to prefer a nice climate.....(dont we all???)
That was more ribbing than serious discussion. I did find it peculiar that he volunteered that comment but in the end he will not turn down #1 money.
-
We were talking about Hooker there. I asked you if you're more comfortable with his tackling than you were earlier in the season when I said I wanted us to draft him if he was coming out.
As for Horton (regarding Peppers), he's been playing gridiron chess with pawns at the Safety position so I'm not sold he's been using the back end strategies he intends to use when/if he finally has to personnel to justify it. I could see Peppers being used like Pitt used Carnell Lake and Horton used TJ Ward the year he made his first Pro Bowl. I've been wrong before though...
I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.
I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.
Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.
-
Your score is: 10328 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (

Round 2 Pick 16: Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 5 Pick 32: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)
2019 Round 1 Pick
-
I get we're talking about Malik. What I'm saying is that the Brownies are in such a need for playmakers on the back end that so long as he's not being trucked by receivers, I'm willing to let Hookers tackling slide.
Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.
Yup! You're speaking to Baritone section of the choir that first suggested him for round 1 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming out in the 2017 draft so I'm intrigued by how much Peppers offers the scheme Horton wishes he could run.
I'd prefer to target a Su'a Cravens kind of guy mid round.
Not as much hype in the name, every bit (and then some) the production.
-
My Best
Your score is: 11020 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10: Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)
Round 2 Pick 16: Carlos Watkins, DT, Clemson (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 5 Pick 32: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick -
so how many takes do we all get at mock draft? i could swear PoG already has 5.
need a contest to see who hits most picks in the real draft.
-
so how many takes do we all get at mock draft? i could swear PoG already has 5.
need a contest to see who hits most picks in the real draft.
-
so how many takes do we all get at mock draft? i could swear PoG already has 5.
need a contest to see who hits most picks in the real draft.
-
If the Browns take Fournette in the first round this will be another clusterfuck
-
I'm Camp Allen now... and on board with Hooker as an option to boot, but not if it comes down to a choice between he and Foster.
Front to back and inside out...
-
Haha, I've not settled into anything just yet. I'm keeping the options open. I'm not opposed to...
1- Taking the Franchise QB at #1 overall
2- Drafting a defensive phenome at #1
3- Trading the Top Spot for a King's Ransom to some draft wealthy team
4- Trading UP from 10ish to the #2 spot to take BOTH the QB and the DE/OLB
...building the offense this year and helping out the defense by scoring points and keeping them fresh, because I believe that their are some really bright spots on the Defensive side of the ball. Resign Collins and keep that talent here, build around it some, draft Garrett's teammate Hall and a talented CB. Move Haden to the back end of the Defense and let him play Safety. They had Williams out there doing it and it was probably the best I've seen him play. Haden would be so much more potent back there with a chance to surv.... getting off topic here.
But, It was funny. I taught my wife how to play that Draft game and I had her draft earlier and this is what she came up with...

Your score is: 9082 (GRADE: B-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A)
Round 1 Pick 29 (NYG): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (N.O.): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A)
Round 2 Pick 16: O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 24 (K.C.): Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan (A)
Round 3 Pick 1: Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (S.F.): Marcus Maye, FS, Florida (B+)
Round 3 Pick 4 (JAX): Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M (

Round 3 Pick 10 (PHI): Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (B-)
Round 3 Pick 24 (K.C.): Keith Kelsey, ILB, Louisville (B-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 4 Pick 2 (S.F.): Devonte Fields, OLB/DE, Louisville (B-)
Round 4 Pick 13 (IND): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (DET): Artavis Scott, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 32: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 22 (DET): Alex Kozan, OG, Auburn (D-)
Round 6 Pick 31 (DET): Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State (C+)
Your Future Picks:
2018 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick
She tried
She really wanted to draft that kicker but he was selected like 3 picks before the Browns were up... -
Do guys named sashi get a handicap?
I think Sashi IS a handicap!
-
We get #1 and #12 (Philly)
http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/nfl-draft-order-2017-cleveland-browns-top-pick
-
We get #1 and #12 (Philly)
http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/nfl-draft-order-2017-cleveland-browns-top-pick
and we trade down and take a player that sucksWe get #1 and #12 (Philly)
http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/01/nfl-draft-order-2017-cleveland-browns-top-pick
-
Or we stay and take a player that sucks
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
