Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Honestly, I think Watson will be lucky to go late first/early second. His issue is he from last season. Only has an average arm. Having said that, I think the best is either Trubisky or Kizer.

    Issues for Kizer: Played on a bad team, but wasn't able to raise their talent level and win games.

    Issues for Trobisky: Lack of experience, poor bowl game.

    This isn't who I necessarily think is better, it just how I think they will be drafted.

    Again, you have not been paying attention to the NFL much the last 20 years. In only 2 seasons in the last 20 did a QB not go in the Top 5. In about half those years 2 QBs went in the top 5.

    One service identified the fact of the Top 6 teams in this draft, the #1 need for 4 of them is a QB

    Watson and Trubisky WILL both go very high....unless one of them gets into a traffic accident and has an arm or leg amputated.

    Its just an historical fact.

    @the-gipper said:

    Its just a possibility*

    Fixed it for ya.

    If it happens, are you buying me a pitcher of Margaritas?

  • Your score is: 10268 (GRADE: B+)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
    Round 5 Pick 21 (HOU): Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) ( 😎
    Round 5 Pick 32: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 26 (ATL): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A)
    Round 7 Pick 4 (JAX): Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State ©


    Your Future Picks:
    2018 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick

    OH MY!

    I wanted to make a monster defense and see what would happen...

    Mitch Trubisky's fall from the first round stopped that task, but not before the deed was done. Taking the best Defensive Line player and the Best Secondary player we shored up an already young and promising defensive unit.

    We then switched to the offensive and fired off 3 shots at taking 'our' perceived best QB! Stabilizing the Center of the OL with Elf and adding to the OL's strength- by picking up an amazing prospect in O.J. Howard. helped us to achieve essentially two entire separate draft strategies in the first two rounds.

    We then fired back at the defensive side of the ball by taking two play-making difference makers in Evans and Hall.

    ... At this point I was satisfied. The icing on the cake was taking our need/luxury pick on our new kicker and Trubisky's goto receiver Switzer, a little side-kick to bring some continuity and that home flavor along for the journey. Switzer is a little Wes Welker a little Edelman and I smiled stealing him from the Patriots.

    ...it was at this point I messed up. I traded away #8 for several later picks and lost Donnel Pumphrey. If I could do that over I would just take Pumphrey at pick 8 of the fifth round. Then I would have taken Corn Elder(cause the name 🙂 ) and the FB Stevenson(cause the name 🙂 )

    So Amended...

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)
    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB from somewhere hopefully near some crops...
    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, er um Stephenson, I mean Stevenson...


    That's better, now it's the Best Draft I've ever done! 😛

  • Your score is: 10268 (GRADE: B+)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
    Round 5 Pick 21 (HOU): Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) ( 😎
    Round 5 Pick 32: Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 1: Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 26 (ATL): Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee (A)
    Round 7 Pick 4 (JAX): Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State ©


    Your Future Picks:
    2018 Round 1 Pick
    2019 Round 1 Pick

    OH MY!

    I wanted to make a monster defense and see what would happen...

    Mitch Trubisky's fall from the first round stopped that task, but not before the deed was done. Taking the best Defensive Line player and the Best Secondary player we shored up an already young and promising defensive unit.

    We then switched to the offensive and fired off 3 shots at taking 'our' perceived best QB! Stabilizing the Center of the OL with Elf and adding to the OL's strength- by picking up an amazing prospect in O.J. Howard. helped us to achieve essentially two entire separate draft strategies in the first two rounds.

    We then fired back at the defensive side of the ball by taking two play-making difference makers in Evans and Hall.

    ... At this point I was satisfied. The icing on the cake was taking our need/luxury pick on our new kicker and Trubisky's goto receiver Switzer, a little side-kick to bring some continuity and that home flavor along for the journey. Switzer is a little Wes Welker a little Edelman and I smiled stealing him from the Patriots.

    ...it was at this point I messed up. I traded away #8 for several later picks and lost Donnel Pumphrey. If I could do that over I would just take Pumphrey at pick 8 of the fifth round. Then I would have taken Corn Elder(cause the name 🙂 ) and the FB Stevenson(cause the name 🙂 )

    So Amended...

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)
    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)
    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB from somewhere hopefully near some crops...
    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, er um Stephenson, I mean Stevenson...


    That's better, now it's the Best Draft I've ever done! 😛

    @poeticg said:

    So Amended...

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB from somewhere hopefully near some crops...

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, er um Stephenson, I mean Stevenson...

    That's better, now it's the Best Draft I've ever done! 😛

    Yep...and now all you need is for all the GM's to fall asleep in the first round and then Triblowski will be there in the 2nd round for you.

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Honestly, I think Watson will be lucky to go late first/early second. His issue is he from last season. Only has an average arm. Having said that, I think the best is either Trubisky or Kizer.

    Issues for Kizer: Played on a bad team, but wasn't able to raise their talent level and win games.

    Issues for Trobisky: Lack of experience, poor bowl game.

    This isn't who I necessarily think is better, it just how I think they will be drafted.

    Again, you have not been paying attention to the NFL much the last 20 years. In only 2 seasons in the last 20 did a QB not go in the Top 5. In about half those years 2 QBs went in the top 5.

    One service identified the fact of the Top 6 teams in this draft, the #1 need for 4 of them is a QB

    Watson and Trubisky WILL both go very high....unless one of them gets into a traffic accident and has an arm or leg amputated.

    Its just an historical fact.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, you have not been paying attention to the NFL much the last 20 years. In only 2 seasons in the last 20 did a QB not go in the Top 5. In about half those years 2 QBs went in the top 5.

    One service identified the fact of the Top 6 teams in this draft, the #1 need for 4 of them is a QB

    Watson and Trubisky WILL both go very high....unless one of them gets into a traffic accident and has an arm or leg amputated.

    Its just an historical fact.

    I've said I think a qb goes top 5, but I also think this is a week class and it will show during the draft. You are correct, historically things happen a certain way, but that doesn't mean it will happen that way when you have a weak class like that, espessially when you have a strong class of edge rushers and DL.

  • I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

  • I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.

  • Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. Drafting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

  • Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.

  • I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.

  • Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.

    @roycerolls said:

    Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.

    Only in Bazil. 🙂

  • @roycerolls said:

    Not really, 8 bazillion doesn't exist.

    Only in Bazil. 🙂

    @texasag1969 said:

    Only in Bazil. 🙂

    Haha

  • The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!

  • http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftsafeties.php

    2006 - Huff (7) and Whitner (8)

    1991 - Turner (2) and Richard (9)

    I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft.
  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, you have not been paying attention to the NFL much the last 20 years. In only 2 seasons in the last 20 did a QB not go in the Top 5. In about half those years 2 QBs went in the top 5.

    One service identified the fact of the Top 6 teams in this draft, the #1 need for 4 of them is a QB

    Watson and Trubisky WILL both go very high....unless one of them gets into a traffic accident and has an arm or leg amputated.

    Its just an historical fact.

    I've said I think a qb goes top 5, but I also think this is a week class and it will show during the draft. You are correct, historically things happen a certain way, but that doesn't mean it will happen that way when you have a weak class like that, espessially when you have a strong class of edge rushers and DL.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I've said I think a qb goes top 5, but I also think this is a week class and it will show during the draft. You are correct, historically things happen a certain way, but that doesn't mean it will happen that way when you have a weak class like that, espessially when you have a strong class of edge rushers and DL.

    Except....that you are wrong....this is not that weak of a class of QBs.....at least not the top 2. Trub. and Watson will go Top 5...and they may deserve to do so (far more, in my opinion than Goff and Wentz deserved to go Top 5)

    Not only that, I would wager a Margarita that at least 1 other QB goes in round one. Kizer or Kaaya likely.

    And...having a strong class of edge rushers...if that is what you think, is all the more reason to wait on one. We can get a good one at #12. Perhaps even as good as at the top. I am of the opinion that the Barnett or Williams may be the equal or better than Garrett/Allen.

  • Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. Drafting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    @poeticg said:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

  • @poeticg said:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): Malik Hooker , FS, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 1: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)

    Round 2 Pick 25 (SEA): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 8 (CAR): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (A-)

    Round 4 Pick 20 (DEN): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

    Round 5 Pick 6 (NYJ): Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 8: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, Iowa? (A++)

    Round 5 Pick 32: Corn Elder, CB

    Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Kruger, FB

    Okay but what I'm looking for is what do you think? If I could pull this draft off(the one just posted above), would you think that we have a better team? In my opinion I would think that it would. I mean look at this roster...

    QB- Trubisky

    RB- Crowell, Johnson, Pumphrey

    FB- Stevenson

    OL- Thomas, Bito, Elf, Greco, Blahblah?

    TE- Howard, Barnidge, DeValve

    WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins, Switzer

    DL- Hall, Bryant, Shelton, Nassib

    OLB- Garrett, Kirksey, Collins, Ogbah

    CB- Haden, Taylor, Body-count, Elder

    S- Hooker, Evans, Kindred, Campbell/Poyer

    K- Carlson

    What do you think? I think that it would work! And with a team like that, if it works as it should, wouldn't need much attention or upgrading the following year. DraYearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate*2003CaliforniaPac-10SOQB1321534961.629038.38.8195146.6*2004CaliforniaPac-10JRQB1220931666.125668.18.5248154.3CareerCalifornia42466563.854698.28.64313150.3fting is just one aspect, DEVELOPING and RETAINING the developed talent is just as important. But I would think that with our draft capital that we could make it work and it would be an exciting team to watch grow together.

    *oh yeah...

    To make it work, because I don't think Trubisky will last till the second either, we could do something we never do and use next years capital this year to acquire all the parts. Then next draft we would have like a second rounder or something and we could pick up the future RT or LT.

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.

    @gftchris said:

    You'll see any number of those QB needy teams that passed at the top of the first trading up into the backend to get ahead of us and get that fifth year option. Another year of (relatively) cheap franchise QB is a powerful reason to trade up and take him at 32 instead of 33 as well.

    Precisely.

  • The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The guys on the radio show indicated they would be extremely happy with Myles Garrett at one, and either Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker at 12. The general feeling at this time is that neither safety will be available at 12, but it's SO EARLY. I'm not a draft historian, but I'm having a difficult time thinking of two safeties that went in the top 11 of the draft. The biggest issue with this approach is that it obviously doesn't address the 500 pound gorilla...AKA...the QB. Would I love to have a potential stud pass rusher, and possibly best player in the draft? Hell yes. Would I also like a potential play maker in the secondary? God yes, especially in a passing league. But...who the hell is throwing the ball?!

    Have you not been listening to a word that has been said on this board?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think you continually churn churn churn this draft game ad nauseum to the point that they are becoming meaningless.

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

    @mark-o said:

    I think they were meaningless from day 1. But to post 4000 different ones is just weird.

    Precisely.

  • @poeticg said:

    I think IF:

    We go Defense at #1 overall with Garrett...

    SF then goes defense as well with Allen...

    Then the Bears decided that they like Watson better, which could happen...

    We start seeing players like Foster, Williams and Peppers pop off the board early...

    If we pass on Trubisky at 12... IF he's still there! Then there is the possibility that he slips back to us with the first pick of the second round ala Derek Carr..

    There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.

    Gotta love opinion policing... 😎

    @mark-o said:

    There's also a chance I wake up tomorrow morning with 8 bazillion dollars in the bank.

    Russian fairies could make it happen...

    If Trubs starts falling we can always arrest his fall at #22!